TESTERS WANTED! ×

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I end up not liking the PÅ«R I will be trying the PING Glide 2.0 Stealths...

Should have just done this to begin with. After watching all of those TXG videos, I'm fairly certain I need to drive there and get fit.

They are way too far away from Texas, but those guys are super smart. I would love to go through a proper wedge fitting. The place I go to in Houston is great for everything else in the bag but they cant do a "real" wedge fitting unfortunately.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

I play the Nike VR Forged black oxide wedges. Currently have a 52*, 56* and 60*.

For some reason can't hit the 52* very well (think it's mental at this point). The 56 is my go to for anything within 100 yards. I keep the 60* in the bag because its great for nice little, easy shots around 30 yards. Gets me close every-time.

They are way too far away from Texas, but those guys are super smart. I would love to go through a proper wedge fitting. The place I go to in Houston is great for everything else in the bag but they cant do a "real" wedge fitting unfortunately.

Not super far for me, but having to do an out of country package is a pain in the arse.

Another one here with 50/54/58; currently MD3 on older Callaway M75i graphite shafts. Prior to that was Cally Forged on those same shafts (just put the newer MD3 heads on), and prior to that was Cally X-Jaws on a mix of TT-DG steel shafts.

That wedge gapping works well for me, and allows me to (attempt to ) play a variety of shots with each.

Wouldn't consider dropping a wedge, even tho yeah I can hit any one of them .. or even the 45° PW .. short/long, hi/lo, etc. But the closer you get .. the harder the game gets .. and I prefer to have the "right tool" at hand.

I was not as comfortable with the 58 as with the 54, so during a lesson I asked the instructor for help and now I spend a lot of practice time with that club so I can have more confidence in executing those close-in shots.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Chart your game and think wisely before making a change.

Great advice!!!!!!!!

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

I've been playing a 46 - 52 - 58 for the past ten years. I only carry 13 clubs and have found that these are very manageable. Right now it's 47 - 52 - 59 and can tweak that if it isn't working well. Sure I could add a 55 in there but I feel like I can do more with less. Besides, I'm not exclusively wedge when I'm around the greens.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Not super far for me, but having to do an out of country package is a pain in the arse.

I thought UP was basically Canada anyway. Ha

I'm in the final planning stages of my trip there. And it is has easier planning than my trips to Pensacola. Ha

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Go to Artisan in Dallas and have Mike Taylor fit you and make a custom set. He's the best!!

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

Go to Artisan in Dallas and have Mike Taylor fit you and make a custom set. He's the best!!

How much are his wedges? I have never seen pricing and I figured it was one of those, "If you have to ask you can't afford it" kind of deals.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

I just finally added a 52 and a 56 to my bag.  I only had been using my 47 PW that came with the iron set, and a 64.

47 - Ping G30

52 - Titelist Vokey

56 - Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0

64 - Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0

The biggest thing this has done for me has allowed me to have more options 130 yards and in.  I recently purchase Dave Pelz's Short Game Bible and that has changed my perspective on the short game.  I've begun this season to really try to focus on that area of the game.  Having 4 options to use has allowed me to start thinking around the shot instead of only having one to two choices.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

I just finally added a 52 and a 56 to my bag. I only had been using my 47 PW that came with the iron set, and a 64.

47 - Ping G30

52 - Titelist Vokey

56 - Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0

64 - Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0

The biggest thing this has done for me has allowed me to have more options 130 yards and in. I recently purchase Dave Pelz's Short Game Bible and that has changed my perspective on the short game. I've begun this season to really try to focus on that area of the game. Having 4 options to use has allowed me to start thinking around the shot instead of only having one to two choices.

After reading Pelz you'll discover you have a multiple x 4 options; eg. for each wedge you have 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, full swings so for 4 wedges that's 4x4 = 16 short game combinations :-)

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

On second thought... the lie angle is all jacked up. Nowhere near me to fix it. Perfect.

Jacked up for you or jacked up as in not what you ordered?

I bought a Cobra hybrid direct from them once that had the worst grip job I have ever seen on a new club.

Jacked up for you or jacked up as in not what you ordered?

I bought a Cobra hybrid direct from them once that had the worst grip job I have ever seen on a new club.

Not real sure. It is waaaay to flat. I have to almost sit down to make it work.

I've also decided that I prefer the feel of cavity back clubs. So, I'll be ordering the PING wedges instead. Probably the iBlade's to go with them. They feel “softer” to me. So there it is, I'm no longer a MB fanatic.

Side note. I just hit some healthy 8 irons, can't wait for the snow to melt.

So there it is, I'm no longer a MB fanatic.

Blasphemy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

After reading Pelz you'll discover you have a multiple x 4 options; eg. for each wedge you have 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, full swings so for 4 wedges that's 4x4 = 16 short game combinations :-)

That's the most exiting part of his book. Helping you understand you're not limited to one to two types of shots.

I've really enjoyed teaching myself the short game as he describes it and finding the ways to differentiate it from what he calls the power game.

That's the most exiting part of his book. Helping you understand you're not limited to one to two types of shots.

I've really enjoyed teaching myself the short game as he describes it and finding the ways to differentiate it from what he calls the power game.

And that's 16 *before* you start working on high vs low, or spinny vs runner, etc. But anyway do get the basics down and then build on that .. good luck!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

And that's 16 *before* you start working on high vs low, or spinny vs runner, etc. But anyway do get the basics down and then build on that .. good luck!

Thank you.

After working on partial shots at the range the other day, I realize more and more that I need a 54* CBX in my bag. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

After working on partial shots at the range the other day, I realize more and more that I need a 54* CBX in my bag.

Or now maybe a matching 54 PMP

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Or now maybe a matching 54 PMP

Very true!!!! 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

• 1 month later...

Just kicked my GMax set's SW to the curb with great vengeance! This new 58* Glide Stealth is absolute money$$$$! I now see why everyone (at least many of you) is so enamored with their wedges...the loft, the lie, the sole grind, yadda, yadda... It is not BS. I am fixin' to add 2 more to the bag and kick my stock GMax PW & UW to the side to make way for some REAL wedge action! :rolleyes: 54* & 50*, here I come!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

I am currently bagging a FG100 blade pitching wedge at 47° plus a  51°, 56° and 60° PMP wedge setup. I had a 50° wedge bent to 51° so I could get the proper gapping on them, but basically, the 60° goes about 80 yards on a normal shot, the 56° is my 100 yard club and the 51° is about 120. The PW hits pretty much 132 on the money every time, so my gapping is about 12-15 yards a club from there up. 

I used to carry a 54° and a 58° wedge back in the day, but neither one of those was that magic 100 yard club. I could easily drop the 60° now, but I actually only have about 8 clubs I use during standard rounds now, so I'll keep the 60 in the bag for softer pitches and full 75-80 yard shots. I did an experiment over the winter months and kept my two higher lofted wedges in the bag for a few rounds and only used the 51° for all my "inside 120 shots" and my scores went down quite a bit. 

For me, it all came down to gapping and getting that 100 yard club in my bag. That 56° was the one that controlled the gapping for the other two for me.

In The Bag:

:wilson-small: Cortex Driver - 9° - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 7 X-Flex Shaft - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: Staff Model Blades - 3-PW - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: PMP RAW Wedges - 50°, 54° & 58° - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:odyssey-small: Tri-Hot #3 (2002) Putter - Super Stroke Flatso 2.0 Grip

:titelist-small: AVX Balls  +  :wilson-small: Exo Bag  +  :footjoy-small: shoes

I am currently bagging a FG100 blade pitching wedge at 47° plus a 51°, 56° and 60° PMP wedge setup. I had a 50° wedge bent to 51° so I could get the proper gapping on them, but basically, the 60° goes about 80 yards on a normal shot, the 56° is my 100 yard club and the 51° is about 120. The PW hits pretty much 132 on the money every time, so my gapping is about 12-15 yards a club from there up.

I used to carry a 54° and a 58° wedge back in the day, but neither one of those was that magic 100 yard club. I could easily drop the 60° now, but I actually only have about 8 clubs I use during standard rounds now, so I'll keep the 60 in the bag for softer pitches and full 75-80 yard shots. I did an experiment over the winter months and kept my two higher lofted wedges in the bag for a few rounds and only used the 51° for all my "inside 120 shots" and my scores went down quite a bit.

For me, it all came down to gapping and getting that 100 yard club in my bag. That 56° was the one that controlled the gapping for the other two for me.

Are you gaming the FG Tour 100s full set?

:srixon-small: Z765 (Project X HRZDUS Yellow 6.0 63g)

:srixon-small:  Z45 (Kuro Kage stiff flex 70g)

:srixon-small:  U65 20* (Miyazaki X-stiff)

:nike-small: VR Pro Combo 4-PW (Project X PXI 6.5)

:nike-small: Engage wedges 52* 58*

:wilson_staff_small: 8802

Archived