Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Does anybody use their less lofted wedges for sand shots?

Sometimes I carried a one-trick-pony, strictly for the sand club, but sometimes I didn't.

I always chose low bounce wedges throughout the turf wedge lofts, so I had to lay them wide open to get bounce. The lob wedge always had the least bounce.

That meant that if I didn't have my dedicated sand iron in the bag, I would use nothing weaker than a gap wedge for sand shots.  If I tried to get bounce on my lob wedge for example, the loft would be so high that I might hit myself in the face.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody use their less lofted wedges for sand shots?

Sometimes I carried a one-trick-pony, strictly for the sand club, but sometimes I didn't.

I always chose low bounce wedges throughout the turf wedge lofts, so I had to lay them wide open to get bounce. The lob wedge always had the lowest bounce.

That meant that if I didn't have my dedicated sand iron in the bag, I would use nothing weaker than a gap wedge for sand shots. If I tried to get bounce on my lob wedge for example, the loft would be so high that I might hit myself in the face.

I use a 54 or 58 for greenside bunker shots, depending on the distance, condition and lie. I'll go down to a 50 or PW if I'm further out or in an ugly lie.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Archived