Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Pro Basketball

Kor.A.Door

First off I have a strong dislike for pro Basketball. Anyway, I see tha Lebron has another record, he passed MJ for the most consecutive games with 10+ points. 867. Ok. So you're telling me that out of 867 games he never missed 1, no injury, no time off? How can some one have a record for something when they don't play in that many consecutive games? Maybe this should be in the rant

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Yes that should be in the rant. Like Pro Golfers NBA players do take games off. Tiger didn't actually make the cut in a bazillion tournaments in a row it was a bazillion tournaments in which he played.

The NBA suffers from a terrible problem. It's players are too good. They are so efficient and athletically skilled that they make the game boring for people to watch.

I'm one of those people. I haven't watched a minute this season. I know what's going on though and will watch some of the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

For me the big difference between PGA/LPGA and other professional sports is if you don't win or aren't at the top you don't get paid. How could Brown's players get nice big paychecks with a season like they just had.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Agree with both of those guys ^

I grew up playing basketball, it's the only sport I ever enjoyed before I started golf. But I can never watch NBA religiously like I do most golf tournaments. I know the basic NBA news, but that's it. It gets boring. The good teams always do good and vice versa. And ESPN is always obsessed with Lebron, it gets old.

That's why I prefer to watch golf. Anyone could win any tournament, you never know what is going to happen.

That being said, MJ is still the GOAT.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

First off I have a strong dislike for pro Basketball. Anyway, I see tha Lebron has another record, he passed MJ for the most consecutive games with 10+ points. 867. Ok. So you're telling me that out of 867 games he never missed 1, no injury, no time off? How can some one have a record for something when they don't play in that many consecutive games? Maybe this should be in the rant

That's not the record, it's games that he has played in. If you start a game and leave due to injury before scoring 10 pts, the record would have reset. You log 1 minute in a game and don't score 10, reset the counter.

Greatest player of the current era for sure, but MJ is still the goat.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Makes the game boring being too good and athletic? Would you want to see a bunch of none athletic guys playing basketball? Basketball is in a great spot right now. I will say they need to be a little more strict on the traveling/walking fouls. My god sometimes I don't understand how they're missed

I dont watch. I just saw it on ESPN. It's absolutely the worst pro sport there is. I really only know a handful of people that even follow it. It's boring, you can't play defense. I used to play, and I also used to watch pro ball back in the 80's early 90's, butbonce they changed to rules to suit Kobe, and Lebron it's gone downhill horribly fast. I was never and still ain't an MJ fan, but I also recognize that he is the Goat.

I just don't like the style of play or the behavior of the players. Some college hoops is getting to be this way.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

I grew up watching basketball in the 90s in Vegas. With UNLV winning a title, it was obviously the hottest sport in town and caught my eye. I became a Knicks fan since Vegas didn't have a pro team, and I was drawn to the hard-nose style they played with. 5 thugs and a basketball, no sissy sh*t! I watched Jordan completely doodoo on my team for my entire youth before he retired the first time. Then, we finally make it to the finals and get pooped on by the Rockets. Then in '99 by the Spurs.

Today's game is definitely not like the one I fell in love watching and playing. It has gotten softer for sure, and this whole superteam can't-beat-em-join-em stuff is absolute trash. It sells tickets and all the bandwagoners flock from team to team so I get it from a business standpoint. I still love my sad sack team and watch every game almost. Like every other sport other than baseball, my team is usually the worst in the league (Knicks, Lions, Yankees). I root for the Dodgers also, because I was born in LA and spent almost every summer there before I moved to Hawaii, it's like a 2nd home to me.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Agree with both of those guys ^

I grew up playing basketball, it's the only sport I ever enjoyed before I started golf. But I can never watch NBA religiously like I do most golf tournaments. I know the basic NBA news, but that's it. It gets boring. The good teams always do good and vice versa. And ESPN is always obsessed with Lebron, it gets old.

That's why I prefer to watch golf. Anyone could win any tournament, you never know what is going to happen.

That being said, MJ is still the GOAT.

No Earl Mannigault is the GOAT! Truly he is the original one. All others must fall in line behind him. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Makes the game boring being too good and athletic? Would you want to see a bunch of none athletic guys playing basketball? Basketball is in a great spot right now. I will say they need to be a little more strict on the traveling/walking fouls. My god sometimes I don't understand how they're missed

No, you're missing the point - mainstream people don't watch because they can't appreciate how ridiculously athletic and skilled the players are.

I truly believe that's the issue.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I used to love pro basketball growing up, but I just can't cheer for the current group of spoiled athletes. Haven't watched an NBA game in 3 years and only watched one or two NFL and a handful of MLB games. Lebron rubs me even more wrong than most of the current crop.

I feel like golfers for the most part are hard working respectful people. I also like that they aren't guaranteed anything except a chance to compete.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

I used to love pro basketball growing up, but I just can't cheer for the current group of spoiled athletes. Haven't watched an NBA game in 3 years and only watched one or two NFL and a handful of MLB games. Lebron rubs me even more wrong than most of the current crop.

I feel like golfers for the most part are hard working respectful people. I also like that they aren't guaranteed anything except a chance to compete.

I'm sure all professional athletes are hard working. Imagine playing 81 basketball games in 160 or so days and then making the playoffs. MLB players go 6 months with fewer than 10 day's off.

It's not just golfers.

They do have some very nice perks once they're on tour and if they can stay in the top 125 the money is very good but it is nothing like other sports. That lack of salary means they need to find other ways to make a big payday - endorsements. That means they have to be nice.

So I hate to be cynical but golfers get paid to be nice.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Rev I don't think that's the case at all. I think most don't like the flopping and what they think is no defense being played. I do agree though that because they've become so good that people see that as bad defense. I will say it's nice to see players coming in with shooting ability instead of dunkers who have to work on their shots. I do like the change in mentality

No doubt the pros a athletic and can play, but the game has changed so much. I think the rules have nade it so it's all offense, and very little defense. There are some good defensive teams, but the rules have made it so we see 130-125 games now, it used to be 100-87. Offense sells tickets. Defense doesn't.

I agree that teams score more but you have the run and gun offenses now that push the ball. The slow play is a thing of the past. Why big slow 5's are being pushed out of the league. Bigs today can shoot 3's and run up and down.

Archived