Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×

I'm out as I already have the G400 in my bag, but I know whoever the lucky testers are, will be extremely happy with this thing!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'm out as I already have the G400 in my bag, but I know whoever the lucky testers are, will be extremely happy with this thing!

It's a fantastic lineup. I hope whoever gets selected makes the effort to get properly fitted before sending their final club selection in
  • Like 6

It's a fantastic lineup. I hope whoever gets selected makes the effort to get properly fitted before sending their final club selection in

Yeah that would be ideal... especially since getting fit would be 1/4 or less of what the club would cost if they purchased it.

• Like 1

Yeah that would be ideal... especially since getting fit would be 1/4 or less of what the club would cost if they purchased it.

Every single one of us that got selected for the Mizuno iron testing took the initiative to get fitted and it made a huge difference.  I would have never chose the shaft I did had I not gotten fitted

• Like 6

Every single one of us that got selected for the Mizuno iron testing took the initiative to get fitted and it made a huge difference. I would have never chose the shaft I did had I not gotten fitted

Best $75 I ever spent on golf

• Like 5

I'm guessing this one is a righty-only testing, but just in case it's open to lefties:

Kyle, Michigan

10 HDCP, 102-105

Cobra Amp Cell 10.5° Fujikura Fuel Stiff

G400SFT 10° Stiff

It's open to both as long as they make a lefty version (which they do 😁).

MDGolfHacker

• Like 1

Every single one of us that got selected for the Mizuno iron testing took the initiative to get fitted and it made a huge difference. I would have never chose the shaft I did had I not gotten fitted

I'm curious about this. I've never been selected for a testing, frankly I haven't been a member for nearly long enough to have had a chance to enter. I would be all for a fitting but I'm not sure I understand where the fitting comes into play from the description at the beginning of the thread. Wouldn't you be testing what the Ping website recommended for you? Are there options to get a more in depth fitting, or would you seek out a fitter and have them better optimize a shaft selection to best fit your game?

I'm curious about this. I've never been selected for a testing, frankly I haven't been a member for nearly long enough to have had a chance to enter. I would be all for a fitting but I'm not sure I understand where the fitting comes into play from the description at the beginning of the thread. Wouldn't you be testing what the Ping website recommended for you? Are there options to get a more in depth fitting, or would you seek out a fitter and have them better optimize a shaft selection to best fit your game?

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't mean to clutter up the application thread. Perhaps Curly can start a different thread for this discussion.

There is a local shop near by that did my fitting for my ping irons and are great for all customer service especially fittings as it's their big way to beat out big box stores. That would definitely be where I'd go to get fit if chosen (truthfully even if not chosen I'll likely be going in to get fit for one. I'm delaying buying one to see who gets chosen) and go with their recommendation!

Absolutely the latter.  If I got selected I would immediately go to my fitter and have them dial me in for head, loft, length, and shaft so that I could maximize my testing experience and provide the best feedback for the forum.  It's exactly what I (and my fellow testers) did for the Mizuno iron testing last summer.

• Like 3

Fitting is definitely important. You really don't realize what kind of a difference it makes until you start throwing different shafts in there. It's huge.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

• Like 1