Whenever I've been selected I've asked the moderator what he would prefer. Sometimes the OEM wants unfitted because that's how most people buy.

Other times the OEM wants us to use the online fitting tool and other times fitting is fine.

Whenever I'm selected I'm game for what the test calls for.

These tests are amazing opportunities but they are like being an employee - the boss sets the terms of the test.

That's how I view it at least.

Thanks for the opportunity MGS and Ping!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(4) TESTERS WANTED   PING G400 Driver Lineup     10,071 shots over 245 hours.   That's how many and how long it took for MyGolfSpy to crown the PING G400 LST the Most Wanted Driver of 2018.

::ANNOUNCEMENT::   It's time to select the testers for the 2018 Most Wanted Driver. Please join me in congratulating this excellent group of gentlemen:   downlowkey revkev 00sportsman TSauer

I am beyond excited for this!! Thanks x1000 for including me in this selection and congrats to the other three, this will be a fun time fellas! [emoji1303]

Posted Images

giphy.gif

I am beyond excited for this!! Thanks x1000 for including me in this selection and congrats to the other three, this will be a fun time fellas! [emoji1303]

Thanks MGS! So stoked to be part of such a great team of Spies! I'm certain we will all do our best to a provide thoughtful and informative review on a product line that is eagerly anticipated by our community.

We are very excited about this group.. Three established vets who have rocked this site with their reviews and thoughts in the past and one young gun (in forum age) that I can't wait to hear thoughts from.

I already own the Max but will still follow this one with great interest.  

I'm excited to learn some new words after I read your 3 stages  :lol:

Exactly my thoughts as well.   But we'll have to hope he squeezes them all in two stages.   That's the format for 2018, only 2 stages for all reviews.   But of course any continued input and thoughts from the testers down the road is always appreciated.  

• Like 4

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Whenever I've been selected I've asked the moderator what he would prefer. Sometimes the OEM wants unfitted because that's how most people buy.

Other times the OEM wants us to use the online fitting tool and other times fitting is fine.

These tests are amazing opportunities but they are like being an employee - the boss sets the terms of the test.

Sorry Rev, you're post came in after I started typing my last reply and I didn't see it.  It certainly wasn't a slight!

Really looking forward to your thoughts on this, having been on a testing panel with you in the past, I appreciated the thoughts and guidance you gave this newbie tester!!

• Like 3

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

::ANNOUNCEMENT::

It's time to select the testers for the 2018 Most Wanted Driver. Please join me in congratulating this excellent group of gentlemen:

downlowkey

revkev

00sportsman

TSauer

I know you all will do a fantastic job! Be on the lookout for a PM from me with further details.

Congrats guys - looking forward to your test results 

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Great group! Looking forward to this one!

• Like 2

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

We are very excited about this group.. Three established vets who have rocked this site with their reviews and thoughts in the past and one young gun (in forum age) that I can't wait to hear thoughts from.

I already own the Max but will still follow this one with great interest.  

Exactly my thoughts as well.   But we'll have to hope he squeezes them all in two stages.   That's the format for 2018, only 2 stages for all reviews.   But of course any continued input and thoughts from the testers down the road is always appreciated.  

:o

After that demo last weekend all I can think about is the MAX. If my driver doesn't behave this weekend it might get BENCHED

• Like 4

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 10* Tensei AV Raw Blue

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

It's time to select the testers for the 2018 Most Wanted Driver. Please join me in congratulating this excellent group of gentlemen:

downlowkey

revkev

00sportsman

TSauer

I know you all will do a fantastic job! Be on the lookout for a PM from me with further details.

A great list! I am very excited to see how this one goes and these fellas are gonna rock it for sure! Congrats guys! :D

• Like 3

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Congratulations to the testers! I am excited to read the reviews on this one!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Congrats all! Looking forward to seeing how this all shakes out!

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 10.5* (set at 8.5*) Tensei CK Orange
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

2021 Test - Callaway Epic Speed

Congrats fellow lefty! 

• Like 3

Lefty in the Mitten State currently carrying: TM '17 M2 9.5  w/ Fujikura Pro XLR8 Â· Exotics EX10 15° w/ GD Tour AD Stiff ·  :cobra-small: F7 HY @ 20° ·   :cobra-small:   Forged Tec Black 5i-AW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 ·  :callaway-small:  MD2 56°+ 60° ·  :nike-small:  Method B2-01 · Kirkland Signature · Clicgear 2.0 · Course photo albums: Boyne Highlands + Bay Harbor (Michigan) | Wailea Gold & Emerald (Maui) | Forest Dunes (Michigan)

Congrats fellow lefty!

Thanks, brotha! I'll do my best to make us southpaws proud.

• Like 3

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

If be lying if I did say I was jealous. Great group though, I know you will do an awesome job. Congratulations

sent from planet Nebulon

• Like 2

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

well done guys- def jealous, I even went and tried the G400 LST today and loved it- looks like I'll have to go for a proper fitting now and save up $400 lol.

Look forward to the reviews from real people :)

• Like 1

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

downlowkey

revkev

00sportsman

TSauer

congrats to those selected to test!! Looking forward to seeing the results

• Like 2

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Mizuno JPX EZ 3W, 14U

Cobra Fly-Z Hybrid 18.5

Titleist 816 H1 23

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Congrats guys

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Sorry Rev, you're post came in after I started typing my last reply and I didn't see it. It certainly wasn't a slight!

Really looking forward to your thoughts on this, having been on a testing panel with you in the past, I appreciated the thoughts and guidance you gave this newbie tester!!

NP

I'm always amazed when I get selected to test something. There are so many great folks on this site. It must be brutal for the staff to choose.

Thanks for choosing us this time out. I love the team you put me on. Let's go get them guys!

• Like 6

EVNRoll ER 5

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

As an FYI I had no idea that I had been selected when I made this post. I was simply stating how I've approached every test and my appreciation to MGS and my forever favorite OEM Ping for putting their trust in forum members.

Ping is my forever favorite because of the Eye 2 irons and Eye 2 5 wood. I have games Ping equipment that didn't work for me too. I'm thinking this one will but we will see - can't wait to find out.

• Like 6

EVNRoll ER 5

downlowkey

revkev

00sportsman

TSauer

Way to go, Team Ping. Team Cobra salutes you. Can't wait to see what you have to say.

• Like 4

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
4 Wood (17*) - :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha S2H2 - RCH 90 "Firm"
7 Wood  - :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha Warbird S2H2 - RCH 90 "Firm"
5i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
GW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :taylormade-small: TP5X Pix
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

What's in timeout:
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
4i - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )