TESTERS WANTED! ×

One Sentence Story

STUDque
Message added by STUDque

This thread started as a one-word-at-a-time story but transitioned along the way to one-sentence-at-a-time to help move it along and let people steer a bit. Have fun with it and keep the story going!

also

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

yelled

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

Hey!

Didn't

this

used

to

be

a

one

word

story?  :D

Rogue One, that is.

[i'm kidding, we've already been on Star Wars for a couple of pages. I won't annoy the non-fans. ]

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

skidded to a stop just...

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

but then

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

::PAUSE::

I felt Shankster's summons but couldn't get around to updating the summary until this morning. The thread is motoring along at the speed of a locomotive. This is a long one so I hope you're sitting down. I edited a few places to help the story make sense:

Wow! What a prize. A G400 would have made my day. Could I wiggle, and roll when I dropped my Dufner onto the floor? After dropping my Dufner, I ran across a very large banana. Which, actually, was not a banana but in fact was a head-cover for IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME! That head-cover fell off and landed in a puddle of poo.

Oh crap, said STUDque while puking. My inner voice said don't forget to put my banana on the bottom of my shoes because that is where I keep my stash. I need more cowbell parts in my favorite song. I always need a little more cowbell if it will help me decide to draw or fade but sometimes, to slice a tomato or a potato, or apple. I'd rather peel an onion while wearing knickers instead of an apron.

However, the food at the turn was horrible so I had a liquid lunch of vodka and coffee. Then, I had an epiphany and moved SOUTH TO GEORGIA!!!!!!! The land of milk and peaches, and herb, and ole gray (who will most definitely save us by finally getting fitted by Club Champion by being inside for his fitting).

In the end, it was a dream and it lowered his handicap and blood pressure until he shanked it, by a vast margin, right at the greens keeper. [The greens keeper] promptly ran up to the tee and, furiously shaking his rake in frustration, said "STUDque's face is quite handsome!" ​For a second, then gave him a check and confirmed it [was true].

And the topic suddenly shifted to Stud's golf shoes [because] the greens keeper took them and gave them to the first tee organization. Without his shoes, will all his internet friends stop making fun of him? Stud was lost. He is a boss. A boss of all bosses. Except for SWMBO, because she is the boss' boss. Everyone knows that....especially her. And this is why well-kept beards keep going gray.

But, unlike other areas with hair, they shy away from at least one of the cats with mustaches. ​The mustached cats are the most dangerous beasts of all time, especially when hungry for birdies. Mustached cats,

when angry, or bored, or ran out of shaving cream,

some guys wax for that back hair. So he decided to run back to the barber shop until suddenly......

He remembered his tee time was in 15 minutes! So he grabbed his shoes and his new driver, the Hammer 500ZX, and BOOOOOOOOM! ​The ball topped 230 yards into 50mph wins and was found by a giant, one eared, one eyed purple people eater. But then, out of nowhere, came this two eared, one eyed, old purple golf pro called mister Miyagi. He made [tony@CIC] fix everyone's ball marks using only a paper clip...which took forever and really didn't last that long to beat it all out of the ground.

Wax on the hood of the '57 Chevy.

Now that all the ball marks are fixed, he needs to keep his right toe pointing perpendicular to his left toe while scratching his head to get his Imagine Dragons B-Sides blaring through the Pioneer 20" [speakers] while sipping a Gin and Juice and snacking on a burrito a quarter the size of a football pitch glazed with something extremely tasty called le burrito hot sauce. ​​

Tacos with ground-up urethane covers are disgusting. Shankster's favorite thing is hunting birdies, while snowshoeing in April, to become the world's best Chipper Jones. But actually, is waiting for the snow to melt due to "global warming." In the meantime, he called his friends Bubba and Dustin for help with his singing and dancing after he fires Mueller over his shoulder. But Mueller ain't going away easily and grabs his favorite hat from his head, then dives into a bottle of Sand and Seed ​to fill the 12,651 unrepaired divots on the first hold FFS!

As our hero approached the first divot, he saw hundreds of mosquitos land on his arse (actually happened once) and started to swat with a sand wedge. However, it was ineffective so instead he said hello to my little friend...a G400 Max. This mighty stick could really stay in my bag forever! Except he has a desire for a custom shaft that cost him $1200. A part time male stripper that ole gray paid when he found that they'll re-grip it for free. What ole gray didn't realize though was he and Shanks both were picked to test my little pony bucking bronco and the new NITRO BLASTER driver.

POWWWWWWW!

And it's hotter than a two legged coon hound on the prowl. The sorcery that went into the NITRO could only be described as witchcraft concocted by an evil Jedi from the death star named When-lo Kenobi. Using the golf force, he sought revenge of the Sith by birdying the 15th at August (sorry Sergio) while Corey Pavin and Peter Jacobsen chuckle together in their love nest. Then, they traipsed out to the bar for a shot of tequila. Then it started with a second shot of tequila and a third until the bartender discovered they couldn't pay. The bartender proceeded to call the police. Then, they all started to run to a Mexican restaurant and ordered beef burritos from Sergio who won't be handing out any playing this weekend due to him no longer having a driver.

To their surprise, he scratched on his hand from thorns but fortunately no snakes in the bushes carried off his driver. The shaft was bent, but not in the biblical sense, so he replaced it with A NEW CAR! and went back to Taylormade. But then, a cleat from his shoe annoyed him so the shoes were also tossed in the bushes along with his hat and caddie. Then he uttered the immortal phrase: "in order to conquer an animal, I have to think like an animal, and whenever possible, look like one." And that's just what he did until a forest pixie popped up and said "OMG ROY, WE'RE BACK ON TOPIC!"

​Then, he realized he was dreaming about gourmet homemade Estonian cuisine. After awaking from this slumber, he realized gourmet homemade Estonian cuisine is an oxymoron and wanted a hot dog at the turn with a cold beer....until Shankster offered a foot massage. OHH HELL NO! He decided to rub both feet! ​But that was short lived because his feet are ticklish, especially when he is upset or eats wings with hot sauce. Then, he slapped him momma because those wings were so good...Mmmmmmmm. They must have been from that famous wing place called Da Wing Shack Eh!

​​He then took his 1 iron and Shankster'd it into a foursome comprised of Ty Webb, Al Czervik, Danny Noonan, and Judge Smalls. Judge Smails ordered restitution by means of dancing the Macarena in the bar while standing on a range bucket and on MTB Red golf ball in a tutu while holding a bag of lefty clubs. ​The Judge also ordered him to mow his lawn, before consuming any beer. But he mowed over all of the sidewalk and azaleas before heading towards the patron's section. It was at this time that the mower ran out of gas. He fled from the officials in green jackets but was taken away by the "nice" men in the white jackets as he shouted "they're coming to take me away Ha Ha." The men in white coats were secretly proud of him and made him an honorary member of Dude's Are Us, a traveling group of prop comics and circus clowns who's goal in life was to see Kenny G in concert live from the MGS Headquarters. So they rolled out the red carpet and said get your golden kazoos and play......."I've. had. the time of my li I iffe, and I owe it and drop it like it's hot and raining men." Which made the people laugh at him because he decided to moonwalk as well since he was a great fan of MJ back in the day.

After a bit of time, he did hit 'em with the Hein and ran to his '89 Yugo which he had to kick in order to start it then pull the cord to get the second bank of cylinders to fire, but only after kicking the tires, which promptly fell off...on all four wheel hubs....and the spare donut. Using his pitching wedge, he decided to give up and drink scotch until he forgot about it.

But then, the rules officials showed up at the bar to tell him (and the rest of the drinking crew) that they challenge all the golfers to hit a ball out of the patio, hit the piling, and scare the pelican off the piling for free rounds the rest of the night! But if they lost, they would have to caddy for the officials for the entire year. And much to their chagrin, the pelican did not move from his perch. The golfers in the bar, who had been drinking a lot, didn't realize the pelican was fake. Now they kept drinking to get the though of mini-me dying earlier this week from ruining their next round which was about to start as soon as Sergio got a new G400 to replace his discarded driver.

Meanwhile, on the putting surface, BEES! ​The bees were drinking beer while laughing at Sergio's tossing replays because he was way more accurate with that! Then hit putts which he needed his driver for because he broke the putter again in a fit because nobody liked his Masters Champion dinner. They would all rather have had Burger King than what he had served in the middle of the fairway in a fresh divot using only fingers and a pitch repairer. Then, Al Czervik said....let's dance! So Bushwood created a new rule, only locals are allowed to do the Macarena. Judge Smails said "tell the Scott's they are no longer allowed to host guests unless they bring their own booze and leave behind the Bay Ruths!"

SO now that the rules are set, it's time to start playing again! But those darn ground hogs keep stealing my DOOOOODY! And there's just no excuse for a wasted candy bar pressed up against your Porsche 911 after the Yacht Sank in Montego Bay. So the Judge lost another prized procession but managed to salvage the boat, but did have a big hole in the engine room bilge, so he filled it with dead fish and an abundance of 5200, aqua seal, and bubble gum topped with flex seal from the midnight infomercials. Sitting on the throne of the golfing world, he suddenly double hit a chip shot and had to take down his pants and play from the ladies tee....which was a nightmare because his ex wife was just walking up to the tee box and said "that old shaft again??"

He can't even find his range finder in his gigantic bag but he could find his bottle of scotchy scotchy scotchy which is ancient Sumerian for prune juice. ​Off he went running to the lamp store and stumbled upon a genie named George. George claimed he was retired and introduced him to Bob, a builder of many talents, who quickly put together a set of wedges with a custom grind called the ZZ Top grind. In order to play those wedges, he has to grow a long white beard...but thankfully, his foot wedge was working so he booted it back to the fairway. Ah, haw, haw, haw. It trickled into a gopher hole and Carl said "every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man!"

​​This prompted a rendition of Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Taylor. After a toke with Carl in the Caddy Shack made him see red pixies dancing on the surface of the lake adjacent to the first fairway, he decided to go dancing in the clubhouse with Gus the groundhog while Kenny Loggins was blaring away out of the Alpines that were in his golf bag which was powered by a Chevy Chevette golf cart. Then, he proceeded to lay rubber on the cart path as the marshal took note in his notebook that he needed to be reprimanded for fast play. ​Which, of course, was a beer and cigar since it's better than slow play.

When he finished his beer and cigar in the clubhouse, he looked outside and, to his amazement, he saw a giant T-Rex with a new MGS Towel cleaning carts while listening to Miyagi telling I'm to wipe on wipe off. Quite suddenly, a rogue Ninja swooped in from above and attacked the sharks with laser beams attached and took a big bite out of his Ninja Shinobi Shozuku. ​Then, he unleashed some Jeet Kun Do On said shark....and Bruce Lee smiled until the gang from Cobra Kai showed up with their single-length irons and began to rehearse for their big chance to win a major since the last time, duh!

So, off he went to practice on the 17th at Sawgrass with a bag full of golf balls and a scuba mask. As they began swinging, their one-length Cobra irons, began to give them trouble so they switched to variable length bits of wood, but found they didn't float after they helicoptered them into the water on Eagle Beach in Aruba. So, out came the scuba gear to retrieve the clubs.

Unfortunately, Snedeker was +10 on the day so he drowned his sorrows with a dark and stormy hurricane even though that was physically impossible. Meantime, Phil went +7 on 14-17, then dropped another to +8, then attended a business meeting still wearing the same shirt he played golf in....which was horrible but didn't matter to him since he was paid to wear anything except a speedo. That image of Phil in a speedo was terrifying and NOT something we want to picture....ever. Unless he was accompanied by Blair O'Neil also in a swimsuit. But only if it was the one that was painted on by Pablo Picasso in front of a few selected MGS testers ;)

This was really tough for the mods because they had the biggest field of members applying so they decided the fairest thing was to limit it to mods only....because it only makes sense in this third dimension. Meanwhile, back on planet earth, Brooks Koepka hit an Albatross! Fortunately, the bird wasn't hurt. But only slightly wound up boxer briefs had to be changed for a fresh pair. After the alligator greeted him on the first tee, tighty whiteys, where were a bit too tighty and not very whitey​ gave everyone a frighty, Good God almighty! ​

Meanwhile, back at MGS HQ, Adam and the gang were wondering what they started. And just then, the front door opened....in came the rules official carrying his clipboard and yelling Dilly Dilly!!!!!

Then end? Not by a long shot, because the rules official was upset that he hasn't been picked as a tester....even though he only had one post that was promoting his laser guided clubs. He stated that nothing else was good enough to help Phil overcome his long-sleeved, button-down...which was a total fashion fail without due regard for the Wizard of Oz.

But then, the tin man made a grand entrance until the wicked witch showed up disguised as Webb Simpson wearing only a tiny, itsy bitsy, full FJ, and shouted "Shankster, you keep making this so difficult!" Shankster said "the only easy day was yesterday!" Meanwhile, back out at the 19th tee, the rules officials were back again and someone marked their ball wrong. Some just laughed at the confusion.

Also, watch out for bunkers that aren't really bunkers but are really portals to another dimension and are penalties that cost you a major. This is why they all gave themselves a 1-stroke penalty each for wearing fedoras over their sunburnt brows and really bad toupees.

Then, old man Rogers started a story which started with the immortal line "I had a dream last night about a galaxy far, far away." Where there was a planet full of Princess Leia's all desperate to be a princess of course. Then I woke up to the forest moon of Endor, only to see staring back at me, Han Solo carrying a bag of Ping Eye 2's as he was caddying for Chewbacca and his droid G400. ​It was the only pink G400 droid in the galaxy and was nicknamed Bubba Fett. It came out of hyperspace to shape that ball around the asteroid belt, then landed in a bunker called Tatooine. Near the pit of Carkoon, the nesting place of the all-powerful Sarlacc. Out came the Jabbawockeez screaming in Rory Wan KenIlroy's backswing and reminding him that "the only easy day was yesterday!"

Rory replied with a loud "I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!" and the crown started yelling in unison; Dilly Dilly. Which, on Tatooine means "I've got a bad feeling about this!" but on planet Toth, it's an insult to the host's mother and started the thousand year war. In other news, George Jetson wrecked his speeded by driving the wrong way up a runway to the CBS broadcast booth when out jumped Faldo with a Mizuno samurai sword. He was promptly bombarded with a bushel load of Pro V1s.

From afar, you can hear Johnny Miller say his 61 was poetic and of a society not unlike that on Naboo...then Captain Solo arrive in the green room to get ready for the Feherty interview. "Uh, so Han...what's life like in the outer rim?" To which Han stated, "the courses are all muni's, are basically nerf tracks and our caddies are R2 units with built in range finders." The look on Feherty's face was his typical cynical...one of boredom. "Uh, Han...just remember, I'M the entertainment on this show!" At which point, Han stood up, scowled, and said "don't get cocky, kid." While waiving a bottle of Jameson, Feherty replied "You don't take the first shot on this show, I do." After they both had a shot, an anger ignited like never before seen on a tv show. At which point, they both vanished into a blaze of blaster fire and miraculously everyone survived. Then, Han received a call from Maz on FaceTime. She said "where's Stud with the story update?"

​Oops, there was one casualty of the Feherty/Solo shootout: RIP Stud-Greedo.

"Sorry about the mess" Han casually stated as he headed out flipping the director a Snell MTB Red ball marker chip. As Han exited stage left, the storm trooper/marshal noted that he was not wearing a collared shirt. He immediately requested backup apprehending the offender and fleet of the new Club Car speeders was soon on the way. Unfortunately, they were electric and speed limited by the course.....so they may as well have been on EZ-Go's.

Thankfully, Luke arrive with an unrestricted Yamaha and started bulls-eying whomprates using the meta-graphene that makes up the universe. ​Meanwhile, back in space aboard Vader's Super Star Destroyer, George Lucas figured out how to disable the governor so he was able to burn some rubber down the cart path. Then, he saw CJ from Baywatch running in Slow Mo, being chased by flying monkeys, so he stomped on the brake and offered a ride.

Goose said "you know...the finger..." then Maverick said "it's time to Buzz the tower" and this is what happened. Maverick hit the throttle and flew by Penny Benjamin at Mach 12 with his hair on fire yelling "I have a need for speed." Then Viper appeared and yelled "wake up" and. then. also. yelled. "Hey! Didn't. this. used. to. be. a. one. word. story?"

OMG. I think I have carpal tunnel from typing all of that out. Let's take a break for a while and really bask in the glow of what we just created. This is a lot of fun and the whole community seems to be participating. I'll hit the play button after a while.

In the story above, I've bolded some of my favorite parts.....what are some of yours?

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

WOW! Just...WOW! Good work there Stud! I think you hit most of my favorites too-happened to include a few from me as well...NICE! B)

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Thanks for typing that up, STUD. I still laugh out loud at several parts. I'm amazed it's as coherent as it is. Going to short statements instead of one word really helped it.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

PS. The story you're reading spanned about 750 posts over the course of 2 months. There's some great current events in there as you read through. Admittedly, I hadn't kept up with it lately but it was really cool to see it all in one place.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

lol, it actually reads quite well surprisingly. What is it they say about give a thousand monkeys a thousand typewriters and they'll eventually write Shakespear! 

I think we have surpassed shakespear and formed a whole new style of storytelling :)

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

LMAO! This is some funny stuff

Thanks for the laughs!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I think we need to get this published and sell it in the MGS online store!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x