7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we've finally got some steady decent weather. Been playing this ball for the past week or so. Been quite the ride! Getting my stage 2 ready to post later next week. Glad to see all the traction these balls have been gaining, not only here at MGS, but other places as well. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Going to try Black next.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Me too!   ^^^^^^^^^

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Well, we've finally got some steady decent weather. Been playing this ball for the past week or so. Been quite the ride! Getting my stage 2 ready to post later next week. Glad to see all the traction these balls have been gaining, not only here at MGS, but other places as well.

Good equipment sells

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       

Going to try Black next.

Me too! Without too much of a spoiler, I really like the Red, but it appears the Black might address my biggest issue.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Me too! Without too much of a spoiler, I really like the Red, but it appears the Black might address my biggest issue.

Ditto!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Interested to hear what other people testing the Red are seeing as far as performance in the wind. I played a full round yesterday with the Red and felt like I lost a good amount of distance on a couple of approach shots due to the wind.

Interested to hear what other people testing the Red are seeing as far as performance in the wind. I played a full round yesterday with the Red and felt like I lost a good amount of distance on a couple of approach shots due to the wind.

I'll tell you that it's not as good as your TP5x, from my testing. I put the TP5x in play today and it is much more stable in crosswinds, and doesn't seem to lose as much when it's in your face. That said, the TP5x is longer in general from my 6i through driver.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

PM

Rick

Left Hand, 

I'll tell you that it's not as good as your TP5x, from my testing. I put the TP5x in play today and it is much more stable in crosswinds, and doesn't seem to lose as much when it's in your face. That said, the TP5x is longer in general from my 6i through driver.

That's what I'm finding as well

That's what I'm finding as well

I'm actually starting to like the TP5x more than the Tour B XS  :o

The MTB Red is a great ball though. I'm going to order more once my supply of balls runs out. I still have a lot of balls stockpiled over the last 12 months since I started playing again. Once the supply has been thinned out, I'll probably make the #5witch to the TP5x and use the MTB Red for my after work practice rounds at the munis.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Gotta a bump this thread...

Heading out today & tomorrow for my final push on live testing. I hope to have my phase-2 ready very soon. Hit 'em hard Spies!

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

Thanks for the bump!

I am nearly done with my stage 2, at least with the information I currently have. I feel like I need more but have been out of town for work and won't be back until the 11th. I have a tee time on the 12th. I feel like another 18 will go a long ways to firm up some conclusions. If this is too much time, I can post what I have soon and amend later, but I assume everyone here would prefer more/better information rather than getting to press sooner.

Loved the MTB Red just about everywhere, but once the wind started blowing it became nearly ungameable for me.

The difference in the wind between the TP5x and the Snell MTB Red is staggering. Heck, I think the original MTB performed better in the wind than the MTB Red. Almost interested in trying the MTB black but instead I just ordered 3 dozen more tp5x

Damn but I'm thick sometimes...Got all excited to hit it today that I plumb forgot my MTB's and wound up playing my regular E6's and Titleist PV1's. No data on my Reds today unfortunately but good comparison day using this lot...Damn I suck! Tomorrow I'll load-up correctly! :huh: 

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

Where did I see a 10 % coupon code to use on the Snell site?  

Cleveland

Damn but I'm thick sometimes...Got all excited to hit it today that I plumb forgot my MTB's and wound up playing my regular E6's and Titleist PV1's. No data on my Reds today unfortunately but good comparison day using this lot...Damn I suck! Tomorrow I'll load-up correctly! :huh:

Are you playing 2 different balls (Red vs ProV1) every hole and check results?

Rick

Left Hand, 

Where did I see a 10 % coupon code to use on the Snell site?  

It was posted by cksurfdude Friday. Below is a link to the thread

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/23480-10-off-on-1-dozen-snell/

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

It was posted by cksurfdude Friday. Below is a link to the thread

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/23480-10-off-on-1-dozen-snell/

Thanks pal.  I went on the Snell site to order a dozen Blacks and they were back ordered until May 12th. 

Cleveland

Interesting... Mine just shipped yesterday, so I must have gotten in before the rush, but I ordered before I knew of the discount code... :( 

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

Well, put the Reds in Optic yellow into play yesterday. They feel a bit harder than the OG MTB to me but I really do like them. Seem to shrug off bark marks too, which is a bonus for me!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Well, put the Reds in Optic yellow into play yesterday. They feel a bit harder than the OG MTB to me but I really do like them. Seem to shrug off bark marks too, which is a bonus for me!

Interesting, because I felt the OG MTB was really hard feeling. Granted, I'm a slower swinger that doesn't do a good job compressing harder balls, so take that into consideration. The more I read about the experiences here, the more I think if I grab any Snell this year, it'll be the Blacks.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/22972-official-forum-member-review-snell-mtb-black-red/?p=386463

My Stage Two is up....

If I can offer a personal opinion that isn't already covered or answer any questions... Hit me up.

Great stuff.

You mention you don't play for spin around greens and you play for roll off all of your clubs. Sounds like your game would be better suited for for the MTB Black, no?

Great stuff.

You mention you don't play for spin around greens and you play for roll off all of your clubs. Sounds like your game would be better suited for for the MTB Black, no?

well I am going to give the Black a shot, but if they don't feel as good as the Red I will stay Red

I tried the black and the optic yellow red. I really prefer the red but the wind really kills it for me. Into the wind neither ball really performs

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

I tried the black and the optic yellow red. I really prefer the red but the wind really kills it for me. Into the wind neither ball really performs

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

interesting. I haven't had a problem. But I do hit it medium height and can certainly flight the ball down when I need to. I don't know if there really is a magic bullet for wind. I'd be curious to see actual data on it though

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/22972-official-forum-member-review-snell-mtb-black-red/?p=386463

My Stage Two is up....

If I can offer a personal opinion that isn't already covered or answer any questions... Hit me up.

Nice review, Scott!

Archived