Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How often do you upgrade your equipment?

Just curious, but about how often does everyone upgrade their equipment? Personally, I change different components at different rates.

For example, I upgrade my driver and woods about every 3 years, my wedges every two years, but I don't really change my putter, irons or hybrids ever. I have been playing the same Adams a12 pro irons since 2011, and I played a set of Cleveland TA 4's for years before making a change.

I know part of changing equipment is dictated by how many rounds you play since that will dictate wear and tear (I probably play about 20-25 rounds a year), but is wear the main reason most of you upgrade? Or do you upgrade more often to take advantage of advances in technology? Just curious what the community thinks.

Driver: Nike Covert Tour 2.0, Kuro Kage Silver TiNi (S) cut to 44.5" -- Wood: Callaway X-Hot pro 4 Wood 17* stock project x shaft (S) Hybrid: Bridgestone Precept ECU 21* (S) -- Irons: Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Pro KBS C taper (S) -- Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 54*, 58* (W) -- Putter: Odyssey O Works Red #7s 35” -- Bucket List Courses Played: Forest Dunes, The Loop at Forest Dunes Black and Red, All Tree Tops courses, Black Wolf Run, The Irish Course at Whistling Straits

No rhyme or reason for me. I'll get a wild hair and pull the trigger on whatever I'm feeling at the time. My Nike VRS forged irons have lasted the longest, 2 years so far. But they're getting old to me so they're probably on the chopping block. So to answer your question, when I get tired of looking at them.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

CobraConnectChallenge3

I hadn't upgraded anything since high school before I started playing again last year -- so that was about 12 years LOL. Went through a complete overhaul last year, and with the help of this amazing forum, found some irons that have completely transformed my game. Amazing what a shaft that suits your swing can do for you!

My Ping Eye 2s from high school were just going straight up and coming straight back down. I don't know what shafts were in them, but my gut tells me they were too soft for grown-up me. My 5i was going the same distance as my 7, and 8i it was crazy.

I'm pretty happy with my bag at the moment, the only thing I'm having doubts on is my driver, but I'm about to do some testing this weekend at a demo, and I'll probably explore the U-Try stuff from GlobalGolf.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I used to go thru 2-3 iron sets a year and at least that many drivers and woods too. Now it's more about 2 years since I've gone back to playing titleist and considering Mizuno and ping for future options

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

When my wife least suspects it

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

When my wife least suspects it

Yup. And of course, an upgrade for me means 10 years old instead of 20.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Honestly I've been changing equipment quite frequently until last season. It wasn't so much wear and tear it was find equipment I really liked and was excited about playing with.

Driver is still a question mark, but the rest is staying put.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Depends on the club and if I find any good deals. I almost always buy used. The only club in my bag that was bought new is my putter.

Driver: been upgraded a couple of times over the past couple of years due to winning free drivers. Generally driver will last 5 years in my bag.

Fairway: hit my current one well don't hit it enough to really want to change.

Hybrids: like my hybrids so no changing these out. Got rid of 5 wood and put in a new hybrid last year as a replacement. Updated my existing hybrid to a newer model after having been in the bag for about 5!years.

Irons: in year 4ish for my irons. Last set I had for about 10 years. Don't get motivates to change these a lot since I don't generally see much benefit

Wedges; probably need to change but they were bought used when I bought my irons

Putter: a few others have been tried but this putter fits my stroke; it is about 6 years old. I used to be a putter ho but learning about how to be a good putter kind of cured me of that habit. I will try other putters that fit my stroke.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

For me it depends on how well I am playing because I try to save money and only buy new equipment when I have a decent amount winnings from tournaments. Only reason I wouldn't wait for that is if something breaks or wedges are just worn out. Anything is game to be changed when I have winnings. However, my Black ER2 putter will be nearly impossible to displace!

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

I tend to swap my equipment more for fit than wear. After various fittings, I'm really happy with my bag. Very comfortable with woods and irons, and just made purchases from driver and putter fittings. Also happy with how well the mizuno T7's have held up after a year of play so those will stay in the bag for this season as well since I really like the feel

Driver: :callaway-small:  Rogue 9*, -1" length
FW: :callaway-small:  Epic SZ 13.5*, 18* -.5" length

Utility: :titelist-small:  816 H2 21*
Irons: :callaway-small: Apex CF 16, std. lenght/lie
Wedges: :mizuno-small:  T7 Blue Ion, 52*, 56*, 60*
Putter: :odyssey-small:  #7S
Ball: K-sig (until I run out)

RH golfer from Detroit, MI with a 14 handicap, working towards single digits

What I should be doing:

Driver/FW/Hybrid: Change shafts every 2 years. Change clubs every 4.

Irons: Change grips every year. Change shafts every 3 years. Change clubs every 5-6 years.

Wedges: Change grips every year. Change clubs every 2-3

Putter: Change grips every 2 years. Change clubs every 5. 

What I'm currently doing:

Driver/FW/Hybrid: Change every 6-10 months.

Irons: Change every 1-2 years.

Wedges: Change every season.

Putter: Change every time you have more than 1 3-putt in a round. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Driver about every other year and I'm normally a year behind to save money.

Wedges only if needed or I see something that is a real benefit to my game. My current ones are five years old.

Putter almost never. I went ten years with my previous putter and only changed because I was selected as an EVNRoll tester and it worked a smidge better than my other putter. I doubt i will have another putter in my lifetime unless this one breaks or is stolen. The only reason that I changed putters to the prior one was the putter that I had was stolen.

Fairway and hybrids every other year or so.

Irons often because they are almost irrelevant to my score - seriously. If you haven't you should chart your club usage. You're going to find that irons are not as important as you may think.

I want them to be as no brainer as possible - that's been a change for me - it's taken time and lots of discipline to give up on aesthetics in favor of functionality.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Not really any schedule that I follow. The putter has been in my bag since it came on the market. Replaced my driver, irons and wedges this past winter, hadn't thought of doing it but I got a job offer during the off season, so I came out of retirement worked 4 months made a small wheelbarrow full of money and decided I wanted to get some new toys.

Driver: Cobra F8 Tour length

3W: Cobra King F7 3/4 Wood

5W: Cobra King F7 5/6 Wood

Hybrid 3/4: Cobra F7 20.5*

Irons: 5 to PW Taylormade P790

A Wedge: 48* Vokey SM6 F grind

S Wedge: 54* Vokey SM6 M grind

L Wedge: 58* Vokey SM6 M grind

Putter: Rife Two Bar Hybrid 35" P2 Aware Tour grip

Ball: Taylormade TP 5X

Bag: Hot Z Canadian flag 🇨🇦

What I should be doing:

Driver/FW/Hybrid: Change shafts every 2 years. Change clubs every 4.

Irons: Change grips every year. Change shafts every 3 years. Change clubs every 5-6 years.

Wedges: Change grips every year. Change clubs every 2-3

Putter: Change grips every 2 years. Change clubs every 5. 

This is interesting to me. Why would you have to change shafts? Do those lose anything after playing them for a couple of years?

Krank Formula X Veylix Alpina 573 45" 9*

:755178188_TourEdge:CBX 3 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 43" 15*

Krank Formula X 5 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 42" 18*

Wishon Golf 775HS 3H Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid X-Flex  39.75" 21*

Wishon Golf 585HI 3DI  same shaft as irons 38.25" 21*

Wishon Golf 575 MMC Forged 5-A N.S.Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Wishon Golf Micro-Groove HM S, L same shaft as irons 

:EVNROLL: ER7B Gravity Grip 35"

This is interesting to me. Why would you have to change shafts? Do those lose anything after playing them for a couple of years?

Not so much the shafts wear out or change characteristics, but as I get older and new technology comes out in shafts, there might something out there that would be better fitted for my swing. For instance, my driver angle of attack has changed over the last few years and I used to find shafts that launched the lowest and knocked off some spin...now I need a shaft that launches a little bit higher while maintaining the low spin. Your swing changes but club technology is getting maxed out in my opinion. Plus I'd rather spend $250 on a new shaft that might give me a few more yards and hit more fairways than spending $500 on a new setup that might or might not give me what I want. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Not so much the shafts wear out or change characteristics, but as I get older and new technology comes out in shafts, there might something out there that would be better fitted for my swing. For instance, my driver angle of attack has changed over the last few years and I used to find shafts that launched the lowest and knocked off some spin...now I need a shaft that launches a little bit higher while maintaining the low spin. Your swing changes but club technology is getting maxed out in my opinion. Plus I'd rather spend $250 on a new shaft that might give me a few more yards and hit more fairways than spending $500 on a new setup that might or might not give me what I want.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Totally makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krank Formula X Veylix Alpina 573 45" 9*

:755178188_TourEdge:CBX 3 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 43" 15*

Krank Formula X 5 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 42" 18*

Wishon Golf 775HS 3H Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid X-Flex  39.75" 21*

Wishon Golf 585HI 3DI  same shaft as irons 38.25" 21*

Wishon Golf 575 MMC Forged 5-A N.S.Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Wishon Golf Micro-Groove HM S, L same shaft as irons 

:EVNROLL: ER7B Gravity Grip 35"

How much time I spend surfing eBay dictates how often clubs last in my bag. Way more often than I should but typically sell the old clubs for about what I purchased them for so it does not cost a ton of money.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

No fixed schedule.

Only things that I bought at retail price are my irons (since my Mizuno MP59 were about 4 years old and not very forgiving) and my ER1 putter based on MGS test and reviews.

I've only seen minimal improvement on the other clubs compared to the newest, shiniest on the market... so safe to say I wouldn't drop full retail price on them.

But as a rule of thumb, I think 4 years is a good number. I play about 60-80 rounds per year and don't see much wear.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I was out of golf for about 20 years, nothing in my bag was newer than about 1990. I ditched my old woods. I bought a used Ping G 3wood, a 3 hybrid and a Taylormade M2 driver. Next up will be a putter. I have been studying this forum my old one is a slotline inertial. I am going with an Evnroll ER2 based upon my studies so far. Looking for a used one but don't need to buy yet so I am waiting a little while for one to pop up.

I am comfortable that based upon reviews an Evnroll is going to serve me better than my old one.

The M2 is an unbelievable jump from my old fashion metal driver which was a traditional size club head. The ball really feels like it explodes off the club face. My swing speed should be close to what it was when I quit, but it certainly feels the same as it did then. At the moment I think I only hit the ball marginally farther with the new club vs the old one. The big difference I see is that my chances of missing the ball are much lower. Mishits are a lot less of a problem and the ball is more controllable.

I feel like a center hit with the M2 and a Center hit with my old driver would not be that different though. But it is much harder to hit a perfect ball with my old driver than with the M2 and the consequences of being off are a lot greater with the old club.

Driver Taylor Made M2 Ping G 3 wood 14.5 loftPing G hybrid 19Hogan Radial 3-PW(forged circa 1989)Evnroll ER2, Golf bag, old and worn out circa 1989

Right now it is weekly and I have not even started the season yet.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Much more often than I should. It really depends on how well I'm playing with current set up.

Driver tends to be change more than anything else as it's the weakest point of my game. Trying the M2 now after having a Titleist in my bag since 2012. However I'm really hoping to win the G400 lst as I hit it at a demo and it was amazing for my swing.

Wedges usually go after 2 years.

Just bought Mizuno mp 18 sc with dg Amt x100 shafts and really like those so far.

Putter has been a Scotty Cameron pro platinum for about 7 years. Want to try the evnroll but that's about it. I'm left handed so it's more difficult for me.

Currently use a 2 iron instead of hybrid as I hit long irons pretty well. May go to club champion and try a fairway wood/hybrid just to see if I hit it any better.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

I think for myself something has to be extremely better. That is why my woods are still Tour Edge E8. Some of the best I have ever played. I am itching to trying out some this year. I think my irons, wedges, and putter are safe for some years

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

I should probably just leave this thread now.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Right now it is weekly and I have not even started the season yet.

You and GS Rob seem to be in a competition!

If I was on the same continent, and had the same specs I'd be following you around cleaning up the scraps.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

In the process at the moment. Contemplating replacing the 5y/o 913D3 with a G400 or M4. Absolutely will be replacing the 3w and adding a 790UDI or a FliHi for now. Nothing will replace the 19 year old Anser 2.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I still have my Callaway Razr XF irons and they will stay with me.  If not in play, they will be tucked away safely in a closet. Lately I have been experimenting with irons and hopping around like a cat on a hot tin roof!  I went from Titleist AP1 716 irons (very good irons) to the Ping G (also good irons!) to my present gamer set which is the Callaway Steelhead irons.  Having gamed the Razr XF for years, I was a stick with ya clubs sort of man however these last few months have been a bit crazy.  I have been fortunate enough to sale the Pings at a very small loss so the money exchange has been minimum.   Being a club ho is kind of like sleeping around with hookers.  Did I say I hook the ball!   :blink: The Titleist irons had the graphite shafts which I LOVE  and maybe I should have kept em.  The last two sets I bagged had/have steel shafts  and the reason being  I was trying to be thrifty. The biggest reason I went to the Steelheads is I could buy them on a great sale at Callaway preowned and they were in my specs.  I was fit recently for irons and + 1/2 with 2 up became my new fit for irons.  Anyways the big mistake (again  :( ) was trying to save bucks and going with steel.  I know better yet my cheap ole arse insists on being budget minded.   Sooooooooo now my right wrist is hollering WTF are you trying to do to me!   Not sure what I'm going to do at this time because I can elevate the heavier shafts ,if I really go at it however later that evening and through the next day my wrists pay the price.  I will go graphite with my next set and I absolutely will be looking for something with a big ass so I can hit the ball higher with less effort.   I have a brand/set I have been lusting over since they came out  however I'm waiting on the price tag to meet my budget. Until then I will be taping up my wrists for a while and hitting the Steelheads.  I'm loving em and I hit them well however I'm sucking down the anti inflammatory pills like redneck in a Saturday night PBR drinking contest....  I have a ninety day playability clause at Cally Preowned so I can return them with 80 percent return value.   Life of a club ho is not easy....  :(

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Never a set time frame. Before I became a “junky”, participating in forums, it was years between changes. Now? Seems like it's a weekly deal!

Driver is never safe. Irons are second. Fairway, hybrid, putter, and wedges don't get changed all that often... I've had my hybrid since January of ‘14.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I try to upgrade only when needed. Just upgraded my iron last July because the groves were wearing out. So once my clubs start looking like the picture below I start researching a new set.

For driver I swing to new stuff each year but I only upgrade/replace if the club I am demoing is clearly a better fit.IMG_20170722_142807.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

Club ***** here... I change when the wind blows

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Archived