Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Cart bag in a push trolley...

puttingpirate

Say what? How? The putter well is for a putter... I'm pretty sure of that... 

That's the setup:

-_57-25--500x500.jpg

I would think the putter would go in the putter well and the driver and woods would go in the next line of spots, followed by irons and then wedges. I don't have a putter well in my bag so I put the putter with my driver and fairway wood

ogcbsidr_pt03_7.jpg

LOL I have seen plenty of guys around here with several clubs in that putter well including the putter :D

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I would think the putter would go in the putter well and the driver and woods would go in the next line of spots, followed by irons and then wedges. I don't have a putter well in my bag so I put the putter with my driver and fairway wood

ogcbsidr_pt03_7.jpg

This is my setup

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I Use my ogio silencer carry bag with a push cart without much problem. I see what you mean about the cart bag being backwards. But i would use it with putter well at top and woods at bottom. Also I would flip the irons to point up instead of hang down—that's what's great about the silencer; it will hold them however you stick them in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: TM M1 9.5*

4W: Wishon bent FLAT

Irons: Mizuno MP20MB

Wedges: 50/55/60 Mizuno

Putter: Evnroll ER2

This is why I recommended testing cart bags on push carts.  Most people that walk at my course with push carts have cart bags on them.  Some bags are better than others when fitted to a push cart.  On the Most Wanted Testing of cart bags, I want to know how easy is it to get clubs in and out on a push cart.  

BTW, I was disappointed in my Sun Mountain cart bag on my Sun Mountain MicroCart that when it became time to replace it, I went with a carry bag and it fits better on the push cart.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Yeah, it does kind of suck trying to put a cart bag on a push cart, it's just one of those things you have to live with, unless you feel like rearranging your clubs every time you walk, I keep my clubs covered, irons included, so I don't have to worry about scarring the graphite shafts.

The Ogio silencer bag, as mentioned earlier, is probably the best solution.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Am I missing something. The cart bag goes on a push cart the same way as the drivin cart. Why would you need to flip it around? I guess I just don't see the issue.

That's because you're left handed, and you're used to everything being backwards. :D   I would say the same thing, but having the driver on the "bottom" and the putter on the "top" wouldn't bother me.  You'd just have to be careful about pulling some of the clubs.

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Am I missing something. The cart bag goes on a push cart the same way as the drivin cart. Why would you need to flip it around? I guess I just don't see the issue.

Because, in a driven cart, the golf bag and clubs sit vertically, so there's no issue with the iron heads leaning towards the driver and woods, which can scar the graphite shafts, and it puts the long clubs too close to the handle of the push cart.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Not really.  On a riding cart the ball pocket is pointed out for access.  Most people will put long clubs in the back of the bag and short irons and putter in the front of the bag, again for access.  When you put that bag on a push cart with the ball pocket up, the woods are close to the push cart frame and the irons hang down onto the wood shafts.

I suppose when I am on a riding cart, I might be able to get used to having my woods on the outside, but it's more difficult for me to pull short irons over the top of head covers.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Sadly I don't walk much any more. However, I have and older model SM SpeedCart and my Wilson stand bag works perfectly with it.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Archived