TESTERS WANTED! ×

Cobra F8 Fairway Woods

chisag

If this 19* XR16 I picked up doesn't cover the right gaps for me, I might have to look into a F8 7-8 with the way you guys hype it up. You might need a disclaimer at this point that says you're not affiliated with Cobra golf

If I didn't have the F8 fairway wood I'd be all over the Tour Edge testing sign up. I've found my golden goose fairway wood with the F8 and I'm not going to stray.

If I didn't have the F8 fairway wood I'd be all over the Tour Edge testing sign up. I've found my golden goose fairway wood with the F8 and I'm not going to stray.

Boy, you have guts to say that. If I said anything remotely like that I would not be able to hit that club anymore.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Yeah I looked into it, but the highest loft they offer is 18* and I want something around 21-22. Nice selection of no charge shafts though!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

If this 19* XR16 I picked up doesn't cover the right gaps for me, I might have to look into a F8 7-8 with the way you guys hype it up. You might need a disclaimer at this point that says you're not affiliated with Cobra golf  :lol:

... When I wrote my first review for the Fly Z I always send them to the guys that designed the club and ask them to check it out and give me any technical corrections, and the engineers at Cobra responded in an email  "This is better than our marketing department. Want to come write for Cobra?" LOL, I think they were joking of course, but their stuff has just been amazing for the last 4 year or so and getting better every year. As a reviewer, I would say the Fly Z when played at 44.5" with the 16gm weight in the rear and what Cobra engineers called the "Hot Set Up" that all of them played, is the best all around driver ever made and would be #1 on my all time list. My 28 yr old son that carries the ball around 280 is playing a Fly Z with the 16gm weight that I set up for him with a Nunchuk shaft and when I offered to let him try the F8 and Nunchuk since it has the same adaptor on it, he wasn't interested. I would put the F8 fairway woods right up there with the Fly Z driver. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This fairway wood makes me laugh.

290 yards to the front of the green on 18 today (long par 5). Ball sitting up in the light rough.

I absolutely pummeled it. Baby draw. Finished 25 yard from the green.

Grinning from ear to ear

• 1 month later...

This fairway wood makes me laugh.

290 yards to the front of the green on 18 today (long par 5). Ball sitting up in the light rough.

I absolutely pummeled it. Baby draw. Finished 25 yard from the green.

Grinning from ear to ear

... You can play this game at a high level and still make some pretty dumb mistakes. There is a hole on my favorite links style course with the one lone tree blocking about 60% of the left side of the fairway. A huge oak that can only be carried by the longest hitters or for me, downwind. I have tried so many different techniques with limited success. 

Driving Iron right of the tree that leaves a longer shot into the prevailing wind. 

Driver right beside the tree that takes a very accurate shot.

Hitting a big draw with the driver that is not my strongest suit but have puled it off more often than not, but the times I didn't were very penal.

... I do not use a 3 wood off the tee and haven't for many, many years now. And here is the silly part, I usually draw my 3 wood. It finally dawned on me to hit it off the tee and around the tree yesterday. Probably played that hole 300+ times and never thought to use my 3 wood. In my defense, until the F8 my 3 wood has been my most unreliable club. So gave myself about 15 yds of error and hit a nice gentle draw that started 15yds right and turned about 10 yds back to the center of the fairway around 230yds leaving me a 9 iron to the pin as there was very little wind. I have finally figured out the best way to play this hole and the answer was staring me in the face for 9 months now. 

I just picked up a F8+ 3/4 last week. Absolutely the best fairway wood I have ever hit. Easy to get up of the deck and the flight is so powerful. Have it set at 14.5 degree and I am so impressed with it. I have not used a 3 wood for a year or so and didn't think I needed one, but this one has changed my mind. I am very happy with the addition.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• 3 months later...

Ok guys, now 3-6 months have passed since the love affairs have been gushing all over this thread.  Now that you’ve had the time to hit some bad shots too, are you still all gaga over the f8 fw?

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Ok guys, now 3-6 months have passed since the love affairs have been gushing all over this thread.  Now that you’ve had the time to hit some bad shots too, are you still all gaga over the f8 fw?

I purchased an f8 3-4 based on the reviews I saw here and as the summer progressed I loved it even more. Unfortunately I haven’t been out since early November and my swing seems to change after each layoff so it could be a whole different story come spring.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

... Very rarely does a magical club come along and the F8 is no exception. My struggles with fairway woods were equally mental and equipment related. Poor shots encourage a lack of confidence. Good shots of course create confidence and having equipment that puts you in position to make good shots can be a game changer. While there are several factors that separate the F8 from the pack, I do think the baffler rails play a huge role in why average to slightly better players have found so much success with the F8.

... If you were already a good fairway wood player, with a fairway wood you played well, I doubt the F8 was much different for you let alone a game changer. But as someone that struggled with my 3 wood off the ground, especially with consistent trajectory, it was a game changer for me. Forgiving of slight mishits but more importantly the rails make the F8 easy to launch from any lie, so it was a question of dialing in the loft for an ideal trajectory. Fwiw, I gave my F8 5 wood to the Mrs and while it has not become a strength in her game, it certainly has improved her play and confidence. She hated having to hit her old 5 wood but loves getting ti hit the F8. 

... I am really looking forward to playing the F9 fairway wood, especially with the addition of a milled face to see if it makes much, if any difference compared to the F8. My suspicion is the F8 is gonna be very close in performance and a real steal for those seeking a bargain after the F9 is in full swing come springtime.   

Geez, which shaft did you pair with your F8+? I’ve hit it at the store with the stock Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75 and really liked it BUT, with my swing speed (89) I think I need a lighter, softer tip, higher launch shaft.

On 12/31/2018 at 11:41 AM, Sluggo42 said:

Now that the CCC2 is over and I can put other clubs in the bag, the big question is do I keep the F8 lofted all the way down and stick an old 4ish wood in my bag, or do I put my old 13* TEE back in the bag and loft the F8 all the way up?  It'll be fun to play with the different options.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Archived