Cobra F8 Fairway Woods

Our Sponsors

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

... I will be posting an in depth review after my Phoenix trip but since it is spring and it's time for many to look at new clubs I wanted to post something before the review. I have always struggled

This fairway wood makes me laugh.   290 yards to the front of the green on 18 today (long par 5). Ball sitting up in the light rough.   I absolutely pummeled it. Baby draw. Finished 25 yard from t

I still can't get over how much this club works for me everywhere. Just an absolute launcher off the tee and off the fairway

Thanks - as always I take your comments and reviews seriously. Plus while Cobra and I have never meshed in the driver category we have been fast friends at fairway wood and hybrid in the past. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

Took my first swings at the range today since mid February. Feeling better but missing about 20 yards of distance across the bag. I guess that's what happens when you you spend almost two days weeks in the hospital and lose 19 lbs (when you didn't have any weight to lose)

I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that I was still able to launch the f8 fairway wood with ease. Even at 14.5 degrees I had no problem launching it off range mats. Once I'm back in shape and get on the course I will see if I need to bump the loft up, but for now I'm extremely happy with my f8/hzrdus yellow combo.

• Like 3

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 59D
:scotty-small: Phantom X 5.5 (2021)
:titelist-small: ProV1

Thanks for sharing Chisag,

Nice write-up.

I got to play my F8+ 3/4 wood for two rounds this year, now 4" of snow. Lol

The NVKXV green feels great, thinking about trying a Tiesi ck white.

:cobra-small: Driver F9 
:cobra-small: 3W F9

:cobra-small: 5W F9

:taylormade-small: P790 5i / 7i  LZ 6.5  

:taylormade-small: P7MC 8i / PW LZ 6.5   
 :cleveland-small:   Zipcore Tour rack raw 50/10 M 54/10 M 58/12 F                                 

:taylormade-small: FCG #7 

:srixon-small: Z Star #6

Do you find that the Baffler rails help out of the rough?  I probaby shouldn't be going for 2 on a par 5 out of the rough anyway, but it's tough to turn down the occasional hero shot.

• Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 10.5°, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X
Fairway Wood:  :cobra-small: F9, Fujikura ATMOS TS Black 7X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, N.S. Pro Modus3 G.O.S.T. Tour S
4 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, Fujikura ATMOS 7 Stiff
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: KING Black 50°, 54°, 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5B

Can you or anyone else compare the F8 to the F8+ and why you picked one over the other?

Thanks

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

Can you or anyone else compare the F8 to the F8+ and why you picked one over the other?

Thanks

F8+ is a smaller head and has a deeper face. CoG on the + is more forward so it will launch a little lower and with a little less spin. And by that token it is less forgiving than the standard version.

I went with the standard because I found that face plenty deep and I primarily use my 3/4 wood off the deck and enjoy the slightly higher launch.

• Like 2

Thanks for the review.  Have you hit the F7, if so can you tell much of a difference?   

• Like 1

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

F8+ is a smaller head and has a deeper face. CoG on the + is more forward so it will launch a little lower and with a little less spin. And by that token it is less forgiving than the standard version.

I went with the standard because I found that face plenty deep and I primarily use my 3/4 wood off the deck and enjoy the slightly higher launch.

Thanks jlukes......what shaft did you choose for the F8 Fairway?

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

I went with the same shaft in my driver, just 10 grams heavier (hzrdus yellow 75). I found it pairs well and controls the launch of the standard head. Hzrdus yellow is low launch/spin shaft.

Once I get out on the course I'll have to see if I need to up the loft of the head a little, but right now I've found it launching pretty good on the range.

• Like 2

I have the f7 3/4, 5/6 and hybrid. I absolutely love them. I'll probably end up just carrying one of the woods for another wedge, but they are so good. I the f7 is almost exactly between the f8+ and the f8. For that reason I think it is the best of the bunch. Albeit, the f8's do look amazing. I don't think I'll replace my f7's for years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5° - Fujikura Pro

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 20.5° Utility - Catalyst X

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i - Recoils

Wedges:   :callaway-small:  Mac Daddy Forged 52° , 56°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Playing the F7 fairways and hybrid has been an absolute pleasure. The thing I like about Cobra right now is that the tech they advertise works and is reasonably priced. One of the strongest brands of fairways and rescues you can try and that's evident from the rave reviews you still get from the F6 range.

• Like 2

<p><strong>Driver: </strong><em>Ping G400 Max 9*</em><em>, VTS silver S </em><strong>Fairway 5: </strong><em>Cobra F7, VTS silver S</em><strong>Hybrid 4: </strong><em>Ping G400, VTS silver S</em><strong>Irons 5-PW: </strong><em>Srixon Z765, Steelfiber i110cw</em><strong>Wedges:</strong> <em>Grindworks 50F/56F/60F 86 Series</em><strong>Putter: </strong><em>Evnroll ER2 CS</em><strong>Bag/ Buggy:</strong><em> Bagboy Hybrid Chiller/ Caddy Tek EZ Fold</em><strong>Ball: </strong><em>Q Star Tour</em>

Took my first swings at the range today since mid February. Feeling better but missing about 20 yards of distance across the bag. I guess that's what happens when you you spend almost two days weeks in the hospital and lose 19 lbs (when you didn't have any weight to lose)

I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that I was still able to launch the f8 fairway wood with ease. Even at 14.5 degrees I had no problem launching it off range mats. Once I'm back in shape and get on the course I will see if I need to bump the loft up, but for now I'm extremely happy with my f8/hzrdus yellow combo.

Meek come back to the game!

• Like 1

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

I was talking to my fitter the other day about optimizing the shaft in my current 3 wood. When I mentioned possibly hitting other clubs as well he immediately mentioned the Cobra F8's. He said they are the best three wood head they have along with the Callaway Rogue right now. His shop is extremely brand agnostic, so I take this as a good recommendation. They fitted me into the Ping G400 driver I currently play.

• Like 4

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

Man the F8 was absolutely fantastic on the course for me today. First time out and it didn't disappoint. Both off the tee and off the deck it was great. Hit a couple shots off some hard packed mud and and I was worried about that rails not letting the face get down to the ball.

Those worries were unfounded as I was able to pick the ball cleanly no matter the lie.

Is this the fairway wood that I should never let get away? Perhaps. Times shall tell.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I hit my F8 fairway wood three times off the tee today. Each time I out drove my playing partners and elicited the response "why do you ever hit driver".

Really jiving with this baby

• Like 4

I hit my F8 fairway wood three times off the tee today. Each time I out drove my playing partners and elicited the response "why do you ever hit driver".

Really jiving with this baby

Nice!!!

:cobra-small: Driver F9 
:cobra-small: 3W F9

:cobra-small: 5W F9

:taylormade-small: P790 5i / 7i  LZ 6.5  

:taylormade-small: P7MC 8i / PW LZ 6.5   
 :cleveland-small:   Zipcore Tour rack raw 50/10 M 54/10 M 58/12 F                                 

:taylormade-small: FCG #7 

:srixon-small: Z Star #6

15.5* with hzrdus yellow is a dream setup for me

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My instructor saw me hitting balls on the range with this today and came over. He said when he saw the ball traveling to the back of the range he thought I was mashing driver. He was shocked to see that it was in fact the 3 wood off the the deck.

They say that you shouldn't ever let a 3 wood go if you find one you love. The F8 is approaching that territory. Interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out with it.

• Like 2

... Almost done with my F8 fairway wood review. I will definitely be adding a 3-4 or dropping my 5-6 wood, but most likely dialing up the loft in the 5/6 and dropping my hybrid. I think Cobra really nailed the sound/feel, dense but not dead. Active but not hot like explosive metallic sounding woods. Glad to hear you are getting back on the course Friday! 

• Like 1

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max ... Diamana Limited 60R
Fairway:  Cobra SZ 14.5* ... Atmos Blue TS 7S
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
                 Mizuno T20 58* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)