Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Thomas Golf

tony@CIC

Anyone have experience with their equipment? I watch their online lessons which suit me - but curious how their clubs rate. 

http://golf-info-guide.com/golf-tips/setting-up-your-shot/correctly-aiming-your-club/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=ThinGolfShots&utm_content=tip1&utm_campaign=newsletter

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Never heard of them. But they might be a good fit for some people.

I've never been one to criticize a man's clubs. That is after I learned a hard lesson several decades ago. Me and friend were playing and gambling with a guy I didn't know (first mistake) and me and my buddy thought at the time we were hot $hit. (second mistake). This guy had an ugly bunch of clubs. Some of them were those weird Browning irons that looked like what we think of today as Hybrids. They are made of wood and metal. Odd looking with a wild offset. Anyway.... this guy went on to fleece me and my pal. He thanked me and my buddy for the match as we watched him toss his clubs in the trunk of his car and drive off. Never saw this fellow again. Thankfully. LOL

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I played the Thomas AT 705 hybrids for a couple of seasons, and one of my playing partner currently plays them. Full disclosure, I'm 70 and Ray is 65, we're happy to get around under 90.

Hybrids make long irons obsolete for many golfers, and the Thomas hybrids makes all of our clubs easier to hit. Fat shots aren't as punishing, and aligning the club to the target is a snap with the sight line on the flattened top.

The quality is excellent, and they hold up well. Distance is as you would expect. You may not be able to buy a "game", but clubs like this make it possible to buy "a game".

I'm actually quite surprised that the major OEMs haven't invaded the casual golfer market more aggressively.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Wishon clubs, Odyssey CS stroke lab putter

I played the Thomas AT 705 hybrids for a couple of seasons, and one of my playing partner currently plays them. Full disclosure, I'm 70 and Ray is 65, we're happy to get around under 90.

Hybrids make long irons obsolete for many golfers, and the Thomas hybrids makes all of our clubs easier to hit. Fat shots aren't as punishing, and aligning the club to the target is a snap with the sight line on the flattened top.

The quality is excellent, and they hold up well. Distance is as you would expect. You may not be able to buy a "game", but clubs like this make it possible to buy "a game".

I'm actually quite surprised that the major OEMs haven't invaded the casual golfer market more aggressively.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm surprised other manufacturers haven't incorporated a sight line. FYI as I stated in my original post the videos have worked well for me as they reinforce what my instructor tells me. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Thanks for the feedback. I'm surprised other manufacturers haven't incorporated a sight line. FYI as I stated in my original post the videos have worked well for me as they reinforce what my instructor tells me.

Because most irons have a two tone face that allows the player to frame the ball. Having a sight line on an iron really doesn't make any sense in terms of utility and it looks pretty damn awful, too.

Because most irons have a two tone face that allows the player to frame the ball. Having a sight line on an iron really doesn't make any sense in terms of utility and it looks pretty damn awful, too.

I agree, however these are hybrids, not irons.

Wishon clubs, Odyssey CS stroke lab putter

Never heard of them. But they might be a good fit for some people.

I've never been one to criticize a man's clubs. That is after I learned a hard lesson several decades ago. Me and friend were playing and gambling with a guy I didn't know (first mistake) and me and my buddy thought at the time we were hot $hit. (second mistake). This guy had an ugly bunch of clubs. Some of them were these weird Browning irons that looked like what we think of today as Hybrids. They are made of wood and metal. Odd looking with a wild offset. Anyway.... this guy went on to fleece me and my pal. He thanked me and my buddy for the match as we watched him toss his clubs in the trunk of his car and drive off. Never saw this fellow again. Thankfully. LOL

Were those the 440s? They were pretty innovative for their time. Supposedly Barney Adams patterned the original Tight Lies after the 440s.

Anyway, they looked like money to that guy that got in your pocket.

I got beaten enough times in high school by kids with K-Mart specials to learn not to judge a player by his clubs.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

HL I couldn't tell you what model those things were called. It was back in the early 80's sometime I think it was.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I agree, however these are hybrids, not irons.

I'm on the website and looking at irons with a sight line on the topline....

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

gotcha

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

• 4 years later...

I recently bought the equivalent of 8, 9 and pitching wedge.   17, 19 and 21 woods.   Early days but I am not impressed.

The clubs allow the ball to travel nowhere near the distance of their iron equivalent.   For me - PW 100 yards  21 wood 50 yards.

They will not be going in my bag  £350 wasted