Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

DMV Local Golf Talk, Meetups, etc

Golfspy_CG2

As I noted in previous postings, I will be a Media Center volunteer at the upcoming National Tournament to be held at the TPC Potomac.  Yesterday, I received an e-mail stating that Quicken Loans has agreed to sponsor this year's tournament, but the agreement is only for this year.   While Tiger Woods has stated his intention to play, this agreement also means that Rickie Fowler will play.  

This will be my first experience working the media center so I am not exactly sure what my duties will be.  However, I was required to watch a video on cart safety because apparently media center duties includes shuttling people around the course.  This is a duty that I hadn't anticipated, but one I imagine I will like.  I have no idea whom I may be shuttling; I am assuming it will be media people and maybe just maybe some players.   Several years ago, I shuttled players on the Senior tour and it was a great and enjoyable experience and can only hope to have a similar opportunity at this event.

Since the Quicken's Loans agreement is only for this year, I'm not sure of the Tournament's future, so hopefully I can make hay while the sun shines.   

As I noted in previous postings, I will be a Media Center volunteer at the upcoming National Tournament to be held at the TPC Potomac.  Yesterday, I received an e-mail stating that Quicken Loans has agreed to sponsor this year's tournament, but the agreement is only for this year.   While Tiger Woods has stated his intention to play, this agreement also means that Rickie Fowler will play.  

This will be my first experience working the media center so I am not exactly sure what my duties will be.  However, I was required to watch a video on cart safety because apparently media center duties includes shuttling people around the course.  This is a duty that I hadn't anticipated, but one I imagine I will like.  I have no idea whom I may be shuttling; I am assuming it will be media people and maybe just maybe some players.   Several years ago, I shuttled players on the Senior tour and it was a great and enjoyable experience and can only hope to have a similar opportunity at this event.

Since the Quicken's Loans agreement is only for this year, I'm not sure of the Tournament's future, so hopefully I can make hay while the sun shines.   

I'm sure you'll have them cracking up in no time :D  I'll be out of the state during the tourney or else I'd be there in person to watch all the action.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I'm sure you'll have them cracking up in no time :D  I'll be out of the state during the tourney or else I'd be there in person to watch all the action.

MDGolfHacker

Initially, I thought about posting in the Happy thread, but this is a local item plus I figured this thread could use a bumping as well.  

As I noted in previous postings, I will be a Media Center volunteer at the upcoming National Tournament to be held at the TPC Potomac. Yesterday, I received an e-mail stating that Quicken Loans has agreed to sponsor this year's tournament, but the agreement is only for this year. While Tiger Woods has stated his intention to play, this agreement also means that Rickie Fowler will play.

This will be my first experience working the media center so I am not exactly sure what my duties will be. However, I was required to watch a video on cart safety because apparently media center duties includes shuttling people around the course. This is a duty that I hadn't anticipated, but one I imagine I will like. I have no idea whom I may be shuttling; I am assuming it will be media people and maybe just maybe some players. Several years ago, I shuttled players on the Senior tour and it was a great and enjoyable experience and can only hope to have a similar opportunity at this event.

I wouldn't put much stock in the cart safety video. When I volunteered for a champions tour event a couple of years ago I had to watch to video and I was a standard bearer. I think it is just safety protocol.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I wouldn't put much stock in the cart safety video. When I volunteered for a champions tour event a couple of years ago I had to watch to video and I was a standard bearer. I think it is just safety protocol.

When the committee chair advised that I was required to watch the video, it was stated that the media center duties included shuttling people on the course, they just didn't say what people or how often.  

When the committee chair advised that I was required to watch the video, it was stated that the media center duties included shuttling people on the course, they just didn't say what people or how often.

I am sure you will have fun.

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I can see it now:

Tiger ends up in a playoff and Mr Wahoo is charged with shuttling him back to the 18th tee. Woo!

giphy.gif

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

That is really cool! I've never though about volunteering for a tournament

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2020 TESTER Ben Hogan UiHi 18* Utility Iron

Driver:     - Anser - 8.5* - Fujikara Red Blur 005 XStiff - Standard L/L

3W:     - SQ Sumo - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Stiff - Standard L/L

Hybrid 3:     - Machspeed - UST Mamiya AXIVCore XStiff -Standard L/L

Irons:      - Idea Black CB3  4-GW - KBS Tour Stiff+ - Standard L/L

Wedges:    - Vokey 52*, 54*, 60* - True Temper Wedge - Standard L/L

Putter:     - Versa Blade - 35in

Ball:      NXT Tour

Bag:  - Ultra Light Cart Bag  

Loc: USA/MD

Handicap: 13

I can see it now:

Tiger ends up in a playoff and Mr Wahoo is charged with shuttling him back to the 18th tee. Woo!

giphy.gif

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Yes, that would be something and I would certainly volunteer to do so.  I can see the postings now-why did that guy giving Tiger a ride yell Wahoo Wa?  However, my prior experience is that such is done by tour officials or club personnel.  

I must assume that guy pictured in your post is not supposed to be me because he has a full head of hair. :-) 

It is a lot of fun. I will advise you that there is generally a fee. For your fee you typically get hat, shirt, and other perks. I look at it from the perspective that I would have paid to go watch the tournament so it comes out in my favor.

It is a lot of fun. I will advise you that there is generally a fee. For your fee you typically get hat, shirt, and other perks. I look at it from the perspective that I would have paid to go watch the tournament so it comes out in my favor.

Anyone interested in seeing the US Open at Shinnecock can get a day pass by working a 6 hour shift at the event. Info at...

usopen.syag.com

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Hey...You may be shuttling me!!   Not sure yet how many days I'll be out there.  it would be nice to do a live spot from there, but it's a busy week here at the course so that may not happen.  

But yes, your shuttling duties will be getting media members out to certain remote areas of the course when they request it.  Getting players where they need to be to fulfill media obligations, such as from the scoring tent to the media center, or from the media center back to the locker room...etc

Also keeping the media center  clean and organized, and most importantly fully stocked with COLD beverages  :D    The Tour communications staff will be preparing a lot of media notes throughout the day, that need to be distributed in the media center and at times to certain areas of the course.   

I think you'll enjoy it.   Hopefully I'll run into you during the week, once you get your schedule let me know. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I totally recommend volunteering for a pro tournament, it is a lot of fun being inside the ropes, so to speak.  I have volunteered for all of the professional tours, actually got to be a committee chair for a web.com event.   As cnosil noted there is a fee that is basically the purchase of a tournament shirt and hat along with some perk such as meal tickets, access to the volunteer tent and a volunteer party.  While not a perk at this tournament, on the other tours, as a volunteer I got a free round of golf at the tournament venue.  

Perhaps, if you have any interest, it is my understanding that volunteers are still being solicited for this tournament, the tournament site is nationalgolftournament.com.   Like I noted previously, since Quicken Loans only committed for this year, I am not sure what the future holds.  I understand that Quicken has suggested that they want to move to a locale close to their corporate offices.    

Hey...You may be shuttling me!!   Not sure yet how many days I'll be out there.  it would be nice to do a live spot from there, but it's a busy week here at the course so that may not happen.  

But yes, your shuttling duties will be getting media members out to certain remote areas of the course when they request it.  Getting players where they need to be to fulfill media obligations, such as from the scoring tent to the media center, or from the media center back to the locker room...etc

Also keeping the media center  clean and organized, and most importantly fully stocked with COLD beverages  :D    The Tour communications staff will be preparing a lot of media notes throughout the day, that need to be distributed in the media center and at times to certain areas of the course.   

I think you'll enjoy it.   Hopefully I'll run into you during the week, once you get your schedule let me know. 

Thanks for the info on media center duties.  It would indeed be my pleasure to give you a ride to anywhere you wish.  i guess I should ask if gratuities can be accepted. :-).   At this writing I am scheduled for the morning shifts on Wednesday and Thursday and the evening shift on Sunday.  However, they know that I am available for any shift if the need were to arise at the media center or other function except as a hole marshal.  

Thanks for the info on media center duties. It would indeed be my pleasure to give you a ride to anywhere you wish. i guess I should ask if gratuities can be accepted. :-). At this writing I am scheduled for the morning shifts on Wednesday and Thursday and the evening shift on Sunday. However, they know that I am available for any shift if the need were to arise at the media center or other function except as a hole marshal.

Cool. Ill keep you posted on when I make it out.

As to your earlier post about the future.

QL agreed to be title sponsor one last year (this year) in turn the PGA Tour granted them a tourney in Detroit next year after the US Open. Most likely this same week.

So sadly it looks like no PGA Tour stop here for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• 2 weeks later...

I will be marshaling QL this year, 15 th hole. All day Wednesday and Friday morning. Anyone interested in using a day pass ( I receive one for each day of the tournament) PM me and we can try to figure out how to make it happen

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

Cool. Ill keep you posted on when I make it out.

As to your earlier post about the future.

QL agreed to be title sponsor one last year (this year) in turn the PGA Tour granted them a tourney in Detroit next year after the US Open. Most likely this same week.

So sadly it looks like no PGA Tour stop here for the foreseeable future.

Unless tiger wins, then they will all be back.

• 2 weeks later...

So who is wearing their waders this weekend?  Ready for this rain to stop for sure.  I need to get out & practice more cause my League play last week was abysmal ... the worst I have played in quite some time.  

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

I've has enough of this rain! Come on rain during the week of your going to rain leave my weekends alone lol

• 2 weeks later...

For my Tidewater, VA peeps - We'll be at my in-laws outside Suffolk tomorrow evening for dinner, and I'm looking for somewhere to play beforehand (just me, my girls will be busy with their grandmother). I'm thinking Cypress Creek, Sleepy Hole or Nansemond River. Are any of the three looking significantly better than the others right now?

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

For my Tidewater, VA peeps - We'll be at my in-laws outside Suffolk tomorrow evening for dinner, and I'm looking for somewhere to play beforehand (just me, my girls will be busy with their grandmother). I'm thinking Cypress Creek, Sleepy Hole or Nansemond River. Are any of the three looking significantly better than the others right now?

Sorry I didn't see this until now.  Where did you end up playing?

So did anyone go to Avenel to watch Tiger et al? Watching it now and seeing Francesco Molinari tear it up. Course looks a little beat up from all that weather.

Me and a buddy went Friday and jumped back and forth between Rickie and Tiger. Course looked really good that day.

Sorry I didn't see this until now.  Where did you end up playing?

Went over to Cypress Creek with my brother-in-law. I hadn't played there in years. I like the course, but the greens were a bit chewed up. People *really* don't like to fix ball marks. We had the place to ourselves; I couldn't believe it.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Went over to Cypress Creek with my brother-in-law. I hadn't played there in years. I like the course, but the greens were a bit chewed up. People *really* don't like to fix ball marks. We had the place to ourselves; I couldn't believe it.

Played there as well on Sunday. Course was really backed up for us, took 5 hours; my group normally plays in 3.5. Had 5 groups on number 9.

I know what you mean about fixing ball marks, we were talking about that as well on Sunday. Seemed to be worse than normal.

Went to the National on Friday, just spent the day hangin out in the Military Pavilion on 16 green & 17 ee box.

Was nice watching everyone.

:cobra-small: Max Superlite 9.5* Driver   :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 10.5* Driver    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 16* 3 Wood    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 19* 5 Wood

:taylormade-small: Mid Rescue - 2, 3, 4, & 5 Hybrids     :taylormade-small: M2 - 6 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: 588 Altitude 7-PW    :cleveland-small: Tour Action 588 52* Gap wedge   :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 58* San wedge

:cleveland-small: Frontline Elvado Single Bend 33" putter (testing)                   

:MLA: Target Adixion 33" putter

:titelist-small:  Velocity Golf Balls

Went to the National on Friday, just spent the day hangin out in the Military Pavilion on 16 green & 17 ee box.

Was nice watching everyone.

I stopped by when Rickie came threw. Was not enough seats to stay.

Played there as well on Sunday. Course was really backed up for us, took 5 hours; my group normally plays in 3.5. Had 5 groups on number 9.

I know what you mean about fixing ball marks, we were talking about that as well on Sunday. Seemed to be worse than normal.

When did you go out? We teed off around 1:30 and it was dead. Probably because all of the sane people played early to stay out of the heat  ;)

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

It's very tentative now and no date set, but possibly in the next two weeks or so, I could be down in Richmond at one of our courses helping out for a couple days, if so I'd love to get out with any of the locals.  

When did you go out? We teed off around 1:30 and it was dead. Probably because all of the sane people played early to stay out of the heat  ;)

We teed off at 10:50,  so we were on the course at the same time,  finished at 4.