Golfspy_CG2

DMV Local Golf Talk, Meetups, etc

Our Sponsors

So did anyone go to Avenel to watch Tiger et al? Watching it now and seeing Francesco Molinari tear it up. Course looks a little beat up from all that weather.

For my Tidewater, VA peeps - We'll be at my in-laws outside Suffolk tomorrow evening for dinner, and I'm looking for somewhere to play beforehand (just me, my girls will be busy with their grandmother). I'm thinking Cypress Creek, Sleepy Hole or Nansemond River. Are any of the three looking significantly better than the others right now?

Sorry I didn't see this until now.  Where did you end up playing?

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

So did anyone go to Avenel to watch Tiger et al? Watching it now and seeing Francesco Molinari tear it up. Course looks a little beat up from all that weather.

Me and a buddy went Friday and jumped back and forth between Rickie and Tiger. Course looked really good that day.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Driver:   :ping-small:  - Anser - 8.5* - Fujikara Red Blur 005 XStiff - Standard L/L

3W:   :nike-small:  - SQ Sumo - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Stiff - Standard L/L

Hybrid 3:   :nike-small:  - Machspeed - UST Mamiya AXIVCore XStiff -Standard L/L

Irons:    :adams-small:  - Idea Black CB3  4-GW - KBS Tour Stiff+ - Standard L/L

Wedges:   :titelist-small: - Vokey 52*, 54*, 60* - True Temper Wedge - Standard L/L

Putter:   :odyssey-small:  - Versa Blade - 35in

Ball:    :titelist-small:  NXT Tour

Bag:cobra-small: - Ultra Light Cart Bag  

Loc: USA/MD

Handicap: 13

Sorry I didn't see this until now.  Where did you end up playing?

Went over to Cypress Creek with my brother-in-law. I hadn't played there in years. I like the course, but the greens were a bit chewed up. People *really* don't like to fix ball marks. We had the place to ourselves; I couldn't believe it.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
2 Hybrid - Titleist 585 (17*) - Titleist 4175 ( R )
4i - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Forest Green)
Ball -  :Snell: MTB-X
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Went over to Cypress Creek with my brother-in-law. I hadn't played there in years. I like the course, but the greens were a bit chewed up. People *really* don't like to fix ball marks. We had the place to ourselves; I couldn't believe it.

Played there as well on Sunday. Course was really backed up for us, took 5 hours; my group normally plays in 3.5. Had 5 groups on number 9.

I know what you mean about fixing ball marks, we were talking about that as well on Sunday. Seemed to be worse than normal.

• Like 1

Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Went to the National on Friday, just spent the day hangin out in the Military Pavilion on 16 green & 17 ee box.

Was nice watching everyone.

• Like 1

:cobra-small: Max Superlite 9.5* Driver   :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 10.5* Driver    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 16* 3 Wood    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 19* 5 Wood

:taylormade-small: Mid Rescue - 2, 3, 4, & 5 Hybrids     :taylormade-small: M2 - 6 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: 588 Altitude 7-PW    :cleveland-small: Tour Action 588 52* Gap wedge   :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 58* San wedge

:cleveland-small: Frontline Elvado Single Bend 33" putter (testing)                   

:MLA: Target Adixion 33" putter

:titelist-small:  Velocity Golf Balls

Went to the National on Friday, just spent the day hangin out in the Military Pavilion on 16 green & 17 ee box.

Was nice watching everyone.

I stopped by when Rickie came threw. Was not enough seats to stay.

Driver:   :ping-small:  - Anser - 8.5* - Fujikara Red Blur 005 XStiff - Standard L/L

Hybrid 3:   :nike-small:  - Machspeed - UST Mamiya AXIVCore XStiff -Standard L/L

Irons:    :adams-small:  - Idea Black CB3  4-GW - KBS Tour Stiff+ - Standard L/L

Wedges:   :titelist-small: - Vokey 52*, 54*, 60* - True Temper Wedge - Standard L/L

Played there as well on Sunday. Course was really backed up for us, took 5 hours; my group normally plays in 3.5. Had 5 groups on number 9.

I know what you mean about fixing ball marks, we were talking about that as well on Sunday. Seemed to be worse than normal.

When did you go out? We teed off around 1:30 and it was dead. Probably because all of the sane people played early to stay out of the heat  ;)

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
2 Hybrid - Titleist 585 (17*) - Titleist 4175 ( R )
4i - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Forest Green)
Ball -  :Snell: MTB-X
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

It's very tentative now and no date set, but possibly in the next two weeks or so, I could be down in Richmond at one of our courses helping out for a couple days, if so I'd love to get out with any of the locals.  

• Like 1

:titelist-small: TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Shaft

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5w 18* Ventus Black 

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7,9 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T300 KBS TGI 80 5 iron thorugh 46 W2

:vokey-small: SM7 50.08, 54.08 and 58.14 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

When did you go out? We teed off around 1:30 and it was dead. Probably because all of the sane people played early to stay out of the heat  ;)

We teed off at 10:50,  so we were on the course at the same time,  finished at 4.  

Ok, If there is anyone on the site that can answer this better than me...I want to know :D

Fire away, what more details do you need.  My contact info is listed in the "contact us" if you want to give me a call to find out more.   Option 5 when you get the main menu.

• Like 3

Anyone playing this weekend? I've been given blessing by Mrs Nut to play on Saturday morning before we head on vacation on Sunday.

If anyone wants to get out for a round early, let me know.

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:   :titelist-small:  TS2 9.5* UST ATTAS COOOL 

Fairways  :titelist-small: HZRDUS Smoke 13.5*

Driving Iron:  :titelist-small: U500 17* UST V2

Irons  :titelist-small: T300 4 & 5 iron, T200 6 - W Project X Catalyst 100cw

Wedges  :vokey-small: SM7 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter  :cameron-small:  Newport  

Ball  :titelist-small: 2020 AVX

So summer is half over and we haven't had a local outing of any substance this year.   Time to correct that.    In discussing it with a couple other Spies, we'll start with these dates and this course.

Swan Point http://www.swanpointgolf.com/is in Issue, Maryland very southern Maryland.  

It should be a mutually convenient place for both the Richmond/Norfolk guys as well as the DMV guys. I haven't played it in many years, but enjoyed it immensely when I did.   

So lets get this puppy on the road, and see, who's in.   Of course it's open to anyone not in the immediate area as well, if they want to make the drive in.   I just had it pointe dout that the poll doesn't show on the App or Mobile.    So here are the thoughts.

Saturday August 4th

Sunday August 5th

Saturday August 11th

Saturday August 12th 

Or if you can't make any of those, what could you make?

• Like 2

What kind of cost are we looking at here?  I might be interested.  It's just a little over 2 hour drive for me from Williamsburg.

:cobra-small: Max Superlite 9.5* Driver   :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 10.5* Driver    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 16* 3 Wood    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 19* 5 Wood

:taylormade-small: Mid Rescue - 2, 3, 4, & 5 Hybrids     :taylormade-small: M2 - 6 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: 588 Altitude 7-PW    :cleveland-small: Tour Action 588 52* Gap wedge   :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 58* San wedge

:cleveland-small: Frontline Elvado Single Bend 33" putter (testing)                   

:MLA: Target Adixion 33" putter

:titelist-small:  Velocity Golf Balls

What kind of cost are we looking at here?  I might be interested.  It's just a little over 2 hour drive for me from Williamsburg.

The website shows a $65 greens fee for weekend mornings.   I'll let GolfSpy_Enrique chime in if he thinks he could swing a deal on that or not.  I believe he plays there from time to time, so me might know a guy!

• Like 1

, we'll start with these dates

Which dates?

Which dates?

Guessing your on mobile can't see the poll?   I'll add them to the first post for others as well.  I forgot about that.

Aug 4 (sat)

Aug 5 (sun)

Aug 11(sat)

Aug 12( sun)

• Like 1

The website shows a $65 greens fee for weekend mornings. I'll let GolfSpy_Enrique chime in if he thinks he could swing a deal on that or not. I believe he plays there from time to time, so me might know a guy!

I really only play there about once a year, if that, since it's still a good hour from my house. I live south of way Southern Maryland. So I have no hookup. Greens fees drop to $45 at noon. I wouldn't imagine we'll cater or anything so this won't really need tourney fees or anything....just a bunch of guys meeting at the same place and playing at the same time lol.

Would be cool if we could put together some side games for dollars or something though.

• Like 3

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:

:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo:

I should be good for either Saturday.  Wouldn't want to do a Sunday and have to work the next day. 

• Like 1