TESTERS WANTED! ×

Amazing Tiger Woods Picture Explained By Photographer (VIDEO)

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

This is the moment when Mail on Sunday photographer Mark Pain found himself in the line of fire at the Ryder Cup - and for a brief moment brought the mighty Tiger Woods to a juddering halt.

The American world No 1 was partnering Steve Stricker and attempting to chip his third shot on the final hole of yesterday morning's fourball against Europe's Ian Poulter and Ross Fisher on to the green.

article-1317267-0B716BF0000005DC-634_964x603.jpg

But Woods hit the ground behind the ball and duffed the shot straight at Pain.

The man from The Mail on Sunday didn't flinch, however, and captured this extraordinary picture just before the ball hit his camera, bounced on to his chest and came to rest at his feet.

Woods was furious about his blunder, but neither he nor caddie Steve Williams objected to Pain's position.

The Americans accepted that the ball had hit the intrepid photographer only because Tiger's effort, from rain-soaked rough, had been so badly struck.

But it did enable Pain to pull off a much better shot than Woods had made - and nothing could stop Tiger and Stricker from completing a decisive victory over their European opponents.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/article-1317267/RYDER-CUP-2010-The-moment-Tiger-Woodss-challenge-Celtic-Manor-halted--photographer.html#ixzz11X4Sx7Jn

#TruthDigest

Justin it seems I am in agreement with you on tw ,I cant see how anyone can be a fan of his. Never have liked him. Even moreso since last fall.I even have to turn off some golf tournaments because all they do is talk about him even if hes not in the tournament.I always hear what about the pga without tw,well I prefer it without him.I have had it with his attitude.

Callaway razr x tour 5-pw

titleist 585h 24 &21 hybrid

Heavy wedge 52 gap wedge

Nike sv sand and lob wedge

Callaway Diablo Octane tour Driver

Adams F 11 3 wood

Seemore ci2 or Bettinardi studio stock 2

Whereas I, like many others, rarely watch if Tiger is not playing. Go figure.

Post theft of my clubs and gear, I have all new:In the bags:

ClicGear cart bag; Mizuno Carry Bag.

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

Lamkin mid size grips on all.

KZG VC-420 Driver 10.5 deg with 38 lb flex black NovaTech 6000 shaft.

KZG Q 3 Wood 15 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG Q 5 Wood, 19 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG H370 Tour hybrid 22 deg with Silver NovaTech shaft 38 lbs

KZG forged cavity back CBIII wedges AW -5 iron, bent 3 deg up, with silver 38lb graphite NovaTech shafts

KZG 60 degree forged wedge NS shaft.

Callaway X Jaw 64 degree wedge

Odyssey Putter.

Vision Golf Balls Test Pilot, Titleist ProV1x

Open for sponsorship

Whereas I, like many others, rarely watch if Tiger is not playing. Go figure.

This is going to sound funny, but I don't see why golf doesn't market itself like NASCAR. Sure, you can like Jimmy Johnson, Dale Jr., or Jeff Gordon, but it's just as easy to be a fan of a "lesser" (for lack of a better word) driver and still get to see him drive. In golf, you either have to watch Tiger, Phil, or whoever's "hot" at the time (like Dustin Johnson was for a bit). That's all well and good, but if you focus your entire business model on one or two guys... you're eventually going to be in trouble once they leave. It can be argued that J. Johnson is THE it driver now, but if he were to take a week or more off, people would STILL watch NASCAR. I guess I just don't get why golf can't be that same way.

And yet I will watch the LPGA any time, no matter who is playing, but the coverage is awful.

I enjoy the skill level of all the tours but people like Tiger bring that something extra, and the women are not handed it on a plate and work hard. I realise there is a dichotomy here.

It mus be late.

Post theft of my clubs and gear, I have all new:In the bags:

ClicGear cart bag; Mizuno Carry Bag.

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

Lamkin mid size grips on all.

KZG VC-420 Driver 10.5 deg with 38 lb flex black NovaTech 6000 shaft.

KZG Q 3 Wood 15 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG Q 5 Wood, 19 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG H370 Tour hybrid 22 deg with Silver NovaTech shaft 38 lbs

KZG forged cavity back CBIII wedges AW -5 iron, bent 3 deg up, with silver 38lb graphite NovaTech shafts

KZG 60 degree forged wedge NS shaft.

Callaway X Jaw 64 degree wedge

Odyssey Putter.

Vision Golf Balls Test Pilot, Titleist ProV1x

Open for sponsorship

Heh... next you'll tell us it has nothing to do with the shorts, skorts and skirts either. :(

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

If you really like golf you cannot dislike tigers career, its not like you have to be his friend but TW is basically the best golfer that has ever played the game.

He's had the second best career, in my opinion... at least until he breaks Jack's record. But that's kind of silly- a person can be a real NASCAR fan and just HATE Jeff Gordon; a real baseball fan can HATE the Yankees. Why is golf different? NOt that it has to be unabashed hate (that's just dumb), but what's wrong with treating Tiger as "just another golfer" and not be a fan of him?

justin I couldnt have said it better myself

Callaway razr x tour 5-pw

titleist 585h 24 &21 hybrid

Heavy wedge 52 gap wedge

Nike sv sand and lob wedge

Callaway Diablo Octane tour Driver

Adams F 11 3 wood

Seemore ci2 or Bettinardi studio stock 2

Lets see if I can answer that... I HATE Jeff Gordon, but I respect him as a driver and I don't say he's "washed up" because he hasn't won a cup title in a few years. I HATE Kyle Bush so bad it hurts (and yes it is a true hate), but I don't belittle his wins or his record. He's earned them. I HATE Jimmy Johnson (well ok.. I don't really... he seems like a helluva guy but I hate him winning all the damned time) but I respect his ability and his team.

I don't much care for TW as a person and lost ALL respect for him as a "husband and father"... but I do respect his golf.

You want to hate TW... then fine... go ahead and do so. But why all the trash talk?

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

Lets see if I can answer that... I HATE Jeff Gordon, but I respect him as a driver and I don't say he's "washed up" because he hasn't won a cup title in a few years. I HATE Kyle Bush so bad it hurts (and yes it is a true hate), but I don't belittle his wins or his record. He's earned them. I HATE Jimmy Johnson (well ok.. I don't really... he seems like a helluva guy but I hate him winning all the damned time) but I respect his ability and his team.

I don't much care for TW as a person and lost ALL respect for him as a "husband and father"... but I do respect his golf.

You want to hate TW... then fine... go ahead and do so. But why all the trash talk?

When did I say I "hated" him? Calling him the second best golfer ever is still pretty high praise, and I've called him the best of this generation in other posts. I called the "unabashed hate" like what people have for Gordon, Johnson, or whoever (for some reason beyond my understanding, since I don't follow NASCAR) "dumb" and that I just wanted to treat him as "just another golfer" and enjoy watching those who I consider my favorites.... Where's the "hate", or "trash talk"? If you're referencing the "baleful glare" thing, yeah, it was... and uncalled for.

Besides, how is this any worse than the FIGJAM thing that no one seems to want to let go of? Is it just something for the Phil haters to hold on to? I don't get that...

Archived