Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
DPattGolf

Bang for Your Buck Aftermarket Shafts

What is the best "bang for your buck" aftermarket shaft out there? Would love to get everyone's opinion on this one. Personally I think its the Proforce V2 for $59.99 but I don't know everything that is out there or how much they all cost.

• Like 3

What is the best "bang for your buck" aftermarket shaft out there? Would love to get everyone's opinion on this one. Personally I think its the Proforce V2 for $59.99 but I don't know everything that is out there or how much they all cost.

I was fit for a Fujikura Vista Pro in a G400 head. Based on the fact that I can pick up the shaft for $95 with grip and G400 sleeve on Amazon I would have to go with that as my choice. If I were to pick a different head that shaft may not work as well.

How do you want to define bang for buck?

• Like 2

I was fit for a Fujikura Vista Pro in a G400 head. Based on the fact that I can pick up the shaft for $95 with grip and G400 sleeve on Amazon I would have to go with that as my choice. If I were to pick a different head that shaft may not work as well.

How do you want to define bang for buck?

Good quality and performance for a reasonable price. For the sake of this thread lets say $125 or less since you will likely need to buy a grip and possibly an adapter

• Like 2

I would 2nd the XCaliber nod. Have a driver shaft, a set of fairways, and some TourX iron shafts. As good as anything out there and much less expensive. Debating on putting some lower launching shafts from him in a new set of fairway woods. Great guy too!

• Like 2

Seems like a hard one to answer. Kind of depends on what bang means and for how many bucks are you willing to spend. But I'll take a stab at it.

I recently purchased a TM/Fujikura Speeder 57 S flex with a Cobra adaptor installed on it for $29.00 bucks. (grip too but I changed it) That might not be considered aftermarket since it was once a stock shaft. This particular shaft has been a winner for me (bang) and the price was cheap (buck).

• Like 3

You can find lots of good shafts on ebay for a decent price.....but not all shafts are for all swings...make this a difficult question to answer.

• Like 1

You can find lots of good shafts on ebay for a decent price.....but not all shafts are for all swings...make this a difficult question to answer.

Just looking for suggestions for ones that you and others have found to be good performers and good quality for me to try sometime if possible during a fitting. 

Graphaloy Blue is a great shaft. I picked one up last year for around $65.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

I got my Grafalloy Epics for $25, crazy good for the price, despite their age. The fact they suit me perfectly makes them even better value.

One man's bang for buck may be another's total waste of money when it comes to shafts though.

• Like 2

I got my Grafalloy Epics for $25, crazy good for the price, despite their age. The fact they suit me perfectly makes them even better value.

One man's bang for buck may be another's total waste of money when it comes to shafts though.

Just looking for shaft suggestions to look into more.

• Like 1

When adding in pulls with the $125 price point there really aren't too many shafts on the market you can't find if you search hard enough.

For me the original Whiteboard is one of the best bangs for your buck, but only because it fits my swing.  There are shafts out there I wouldn't play if you paid me $50 to take it.  There are shafts out there I would happily pay $150+ for a pull because I was fit for it and I know it will be a good match.

A better approach to this type of question would be to give a couple of shafts that you know are a good fit, then ask for what shafts are a similar profile at a better price.

In this day and age there really aren't "bad" shafts.  There are expensive shafts, there are less expensive shafts, but at the end of the day if it doesn't fit your swing then none of them will a good bang for your buck.

• Like 4

You might look at Matrix White Tie, Red Tie, and Black Tie shafts depending on your ball flight.  Black = low, Red = Mid, White = high.

Personally, I would like to try the Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Black HBP 2nd Generation shaft for $50.

What is the best "bang for your buck" aftermarket shaft out there? .

Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue (high launch), Prolaunch Red (low launch) I've seen & found on ebay & clearance @ online stores for

$30~60

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

eBay has some good finds. I suggest Talamonti shafts they can be found for $50

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Honestly best bang for your buck is the shaft that you were fitted for IMO. Trying to go for a cheaper option that may not fit your swing could cause you to replace it down the road costing you more money. At your price point, you can find pretty much any shaft, just may have to shop around or wait for a sale.

If you are set on looking for a bargain I have heard great things about Xcalibers for the forum. Never swung them myself but they seem to have a lot of good buzz.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk