TESTERS WANTED! ×

Bang for Your Buck Aftermarket Shafts

What is the best "bang for your buck" aftermarket shaft out there? Would love to get everyone's opinion on this one. Personally I think its the Proforce V2 for $59.99 but I don't know everything that is out there or how much they all cost.

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

What is the best "bang for your buck" aftermarket shaft out there? Would love to get everyone's opinion on this one. Personally I think its the Proforce V2 for $59.99 but I don't know everything that is out there or how much they all cost.

I was fit for a Fujikura Vista Pro in a G400 head. Based on the fact that I can pick up the shaft for $95 with grip and G400 sleeve on Amazon I would have to go with that as my choice. If I were to pick a different head that shaft may not work as well.

How do you want to define bang for buck?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I was fit for a Fujikura Vista Pro in a G400 head. Based on the fact that I can pick up the shaft for $95 with grip and G400 sleeve on Amazon I would have to go with that as my choice. If I were to pick a different head that shaft may not work as well.

How do you want to define bang for buck?

Good quality and performance for a reasonable price. For the sake of this thread lets say $125 or less since you will likely need to buy a grip and possibly an adapter

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Take a look at the XCalibers from Robin Arthur. Really good shafts at a really good price...

http://xcalibershafts.com

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Seems like a hard one to answer. Kind of depends on what bang means and for how many bucks are you willing to spend. But I'll take a stab at it.

I recently purchased a TM/Fujikura Speeder 57 S flex with a Cobra adaptor installed on it for $29.00 bucks. (grip too but I changed it) That might not be considered aftermarket since it was once a stock shaft. This particular shaft has been a winner for me (bang) and the price was cheap (buck).

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

You can find lots of good shafts on ebay for a decent price.....but not all shafts are for all swings...make this a difficult question to answer.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

You can find lots of good shafts on ebay for a decent price.....but not all shafts are for all swings...make this a difficult question to answer.

Just looking for suggestions for ones that you and others have found to be good performers and good quality for me to try sometime if possible during a fitting. 

I got my Grafalloy Epics for $25, crazy good for the price, despite their age. The fact they suit me perfectly makes them even better value.

One man's bang for buck may be another's total waste of money when it comes to shafts though.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I got my Grafalloy Epics for $25, crazy good for the price, despite their age. The fact they suit me perfectly makes them even better value.

One man's bang for buck may be another's total waste of money when it comes to shafts though.

Just looking for shaft suggestions to look into more.

When adding in pulls with the $125 price point there really aren't too many shafts on the market you can't find if you search hard enough.

For me the original Whiteboard is one of the best bangs for your buck, but only because it fits my swing.  There are shafts out there I wouldn't play if you paid me $50 to take it.  There are shafts out there I would happily pay $150+ for a pull because I was fit for it and I know it will be a good match.

A better approach to this type of question would be to give a couple of shafts that you know are a good fit, then ask for what shafts are a similar profile at a better price.

In this day and age there really aren't "bad" shafts.  There are expensive shafts, there are less expensive shafts, but at the end of the day if it doesn't fit your swing then none of them will a good bang for your buck.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

You might look at Matrix White Tie, Red Tie, and Black Tie shafts depending on your ball flight.  Black = low, Red = Mid, White = high.

Personally, I would like to try the Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Black HBP 2nd Generation shaft for $50.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I'm a big UST fan and the pro force v2 is the go to in this category

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I got my Accra DyMatch s2 from Mike's Golf Outlet for like $40 brand new for both shipping included. 

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Gotta third the Xcalibers he has a whole range of profiles to pick from and great prices.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

Hmm. All depends on what launch and spin you're looking for...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

eBay has some good finds. I suggest Talamonti shafts they can be found for $50

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Honestly best bang for your buck is the shaft that you were fitted for IMO. Trying to go for a cheaper option that may not fit your swing could cause you to replace it down the road costing you more money. At your price point, you can find pretty much any shaft, just may have to shop around or wait for a sale.

If you are set on looking for a bargain I have heard great things about Xcalibers for the forum. Never swung them myself but they seem to have a lot of good buzz.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Honestly best bang for your buck is the shaft that you were fitted for IMO. Trying to go for a cheaper option that may not fit your swing could cause you to replace it down the road costing you more money. At your price point, you can find pretty much any shaft, just may have to shop around or wait for a sale.

If you are set on looking for a bargain I have heard great things about Xcalibers for the forum. Never swung them myself but they seem to have a lot of good buzz.

Just looking for suggestions for ones to try in a fitting rather than just the stock or $300 upcharge shafts.

Just looking for suggestions for ones to try in a fitting rather than just the stock or $300 upcharge shafts.

I gotcha, I really like the Adalia rogue silver that's in my current driver. It also happened to be one of the shafts included with the M2 I was getting. So I can't really speak on if it was worth the price.

Robin Arthur (sp.?) has been active on a thread in the clubfitting section here- maybe he could give you a recommendation based on your numbers?

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

For me it's the Prolaunch Blue. Thing is money, and I gladly put it in all the woods I game.

What's in My Bag?

Driver: Cobra F6

Fairway: Cobra F6 3/4

Hybrids: Wilson Staff D100ES (4 & 5)

Irons: Wilson Staff C200 (6i to GW)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX (52, 56, and 60°)

Putter: Happy Putter Blade

I have been impressed with the Aldila NVS Hybrids that I put in my Srixon utility irons. They are only about $30 a piece now. Wouldn't have wen that route but I hit one on a launch monitor and saw that it was a good fit for me with those clubs. I feel like Aldila has a lot of solid performers that can be found at a good price. These two are the only two non UST Mamiya shafts in my bag.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

• 9 months later...

I got fitted for a Nipon Modus3 105 stiff in my irons the other day and was able to get them for $27 a shaft 4-wedge. Looking forward to putting them in and swing what the numbers say. As far as graphite goes Diamana has always been a personal favorite of mine.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

8 hours ago, EthanSterlingPrice said:

I got fitted for a Nipon Modus3 105 stiff in my irons the other day and was able to get them for $27 a shaft 4-wedge. Looking forward to putting them in and swing what the numbers say. As far as graphite goes Diamana has always been a personal favorite of mine.

Thats the shaft I chose last year- excellent performer and most importantly, feel!

I'm also a Diamana fan for my driver and hybrid.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I'm a big UST fan and the pro force v2 is the go to in this category

Completely agree. Even the brand new v2 with different graphics can be found new for 50-60 bucks. Aldila rogue always a good choice and you can find used for around 60-70.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Last summer I snapped up 7 brand new, uncut Project X Blue Graphite 6.0 shafts for a mere $95 or roughly $13.60/ea. So far I like these a lot since I seem to have better control and accuracy with them over the original OEM PING graphite offering that was r-flex.

Experimenting with driver & fairway shafts, I've landed on the Aldila Tour Blues. Grabbed one for my 3w for a paltry $55. It was so awesome, I didn't mind paying $99 for one to fit into my 5w. That combo on those 2 clubs is absolute $$$. Found an Aldila X-Torsion Copper for my driver that was a demo shaft for $99 and it works pretty good, but I am now experimenting with a Tour Blue on it that I think is even better. I found that one with the right grip & adaptor unused for only $60! Played it only once so far, so it needs some more air time to decide if it is truly better than the X-Torsion for sure.

In both cases, these aftermarket shafts seem to be better than the standard offerings I originally had. Your mileage may vary...

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

On 4/11/2018 at 10:24 AM, Zylem said:

I gotcha, I really like the Adalia rogue silver that's in my current driver. It also happened to be one of the shafts included with the M2 I was getting. So I can't really speak on if it was worth the price.

... I love the Rogue shaft series. Just awesome shafts that can be bought for much less than when they were introduced. I have a Rogue Black Tour 110 shaft that retailed for $799 and while it is a little smoother than the $299 original priced retail version, performance is very similar, it just has a smoother feel and higher QC. One of the absolute steals is the Rogue Silver Tour 125 that was stock in Wilson Trident driver that sold for $99. I had a friend that bought one and gave away the head. 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2510209.m570.l1311.R1.TR10.TRC0.A0.H0.XWilson+Tr.TRS0&_nkw=wilson+triton+driver&_sacat=0

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour