DPattGolf

Bang for Your Buck Aftermarket Shafts

Honestly best bang for your buck is the shaft that you were fitted for IMO. Trying to go for a cheaper option that may not fit your swing could cause you to replace it down the road costing you more money. At your price point, you can find pretty much any shaft, just may have to shop around or wait for a sale.

If you are set on looking for a bargain I have heard great things about Xcalibers for the forum. Never swung them myself but they seem to have a lot of good buzz.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Just looking for suggestions for ones to try in a fitting rather than just the stock or $300 upcharge shafts.

Just looking for suggestions for ones to try in a fitting rather than just the stock or $300 upcharge shafts.

I gotcha, I really like the Adalia rogue silver that's in my current driver. It also happened to be one of the shafts included with the M2 I was getting. So I can't really speak on if it was worth the price.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Robin Arthur (sp.?) has been active on a thread in the clubfitting section here- maybe he could give you a recommendation based on your numbers?

What is the best "bang for your buck" aftermarket shaft out there? Would love to get everyone's opinion on this one. Personally I think its the Proforce V2 for $59.99 but I don't know everything that is out there or how much they all cost.

For me it's the Prolaunch Blue. Thing is money, and I gladly put it in all the woods I game.

I have been impressed with the Aldila NVS Hybrids that I put in my Srixon utility irons. They are only about $30 a piece now. Wouldn't have wen that route but I hit one on a launch monitor and saw that it was a good fit for me with those clubs. I feel like Aldila has a lot of solid performers that can be found at a good price. These two are the only two non UST Mamiya shafts in my bag.

• Like 1

I got fitted for a Nipon Modus3 105 stiff in my irons the other day and was able to get them for $27 a shaft 4-wedge. Looking forward to putting them in and swing what the numbers say. As far as graphite goes Diamana has always been a personal favorite of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EthanSterlingPrice said:

I got fitted for a Nipon Modus3 105 stiff in my irons the other day and was able to get them for $27 a shaft 4-wedge. Looking forward to putting them in and swing what the numbers say. As far as graphite goes Diamana has always been a personal favorite of mine.

Thats the shaft I chose last year- excellent performer and most importantly, feel!

I'm also a Diamana fan for my driver and hybrid.

• Like 1

I'm a big UST fan and the pro force v2 is the go to in this category

Completely agree. Even the brand new v2 with different graphics can be found new for 50-60 bucks. Aldila rogue always a good choice and you can find used for around 60-70.

• Like 1

Last summer I snapped up 7 brand new, uncut Project X Blue Graphite 6.0 shafts for a mere $95 or roughly $13.60/ea. So far I like these a lot since I seem to have better control and accuracy with them over the original OEM PING graphite offering that was r-flex.

Experimenting with driver & fairway shafts, I've landed on the Aldila Tour Blues. Grabbed one for my 3w for a paltry $55. It was so awesome, I didn't mind paying $99 for one to fit into my 5w. That combo on those 2 clubs is absolute $$$. Found an Aldila X-Torsion Copper for my driver that was a demo shaft for $99 and it works pretty good, but I am now experimenting with a Tour Blue on it that I think is even better. I found that one with the right grip & adaptor unused for only $60! Played it only once so far, so it needs some more air time to decide if it is truly better than the X-Torsion for sure.

In both cases, these aftermarket shafts seem to be better than the standard offerings I originally had. Your mileage may vary...

• Like 1

On 4/11/2018 at 10:24 AM, Zylem said:

I gotcha, I really like the Adalia rogue silver that's in my current driver. It also happened to be one of the shafts included with the M2 I was getting. So I can't really speak on if it was worth the price.

... I love the Rogue shaft series. Just awesome shafts that can be bought for much less than when they were introduced. I have a Rogue Black Tour 110 shaft that retailed for $799 and while it is a little smoother than the $299 original priced retail version, performance is very similar, it just has a smoother feel and higher QC. One of the absolute steals is the Rogue Silver Tour 125 that was stock in Wilson Trident driver that sold for $99. I had a friend that bought one and gave away the head. 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2510209.m570.l1311.R1.TR10.TRC0.A0.H0.XWilson+Tr.TRS0&_nkw=wilson+triton+driver&_sacat=0

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Last summer I snapped up 7 brand new, uncut Project X Blue Graphite 6.0 shafts for a mere $95 or roughly $13.60/ea. So far I like these a lot since I seem to have better control and accuracy with them over the original OEM PING graphite offering that was r-flex.

Experimenting with driver & fairway shafts, I've landed on the Aldila Tour Blues. Grabbed one for my 3w for a paltry $55. It was so awesome, I didn't mind paying $99 for one to fit into my 5w. That combo on those 2 clubs is absolute $$$. Found an Aldila X-Torsion Copper for my driver that was a demo shaft for $99 and it works pretty good, but I am now experimenting with a Tour Blue on it that I think is even better. I found that one with the right grip & adaptor unused for only $60! Played it only once so far, so it needs some more air time to decide if it is truly better than the X-Torsion for sure.

In both cases, these aftermarket shafts seem to be better than the standard offerings I originally had. Your mileage may vary...

I've been eyeing the Tour Blues as well. Seem to fit what I would be looking for in a shaft.

• Like 1

Thats the shaft I chose last year- excellent performer and most importantly, feel!

They come in Tuesday with grips coming in around Thursday so I’m hoping to have them ready to go for the weekend. 35 degrees right now but should be almost 80 this weekend, another week in Texas weather...

In the bag
Driver: Callaway Rogue Subzero 9.5 Stiff flex
3 wood: Callaway Rogue Subzero 15 degree
Hybrids: 17 degree titleist 816 h2
Irons: Ben Hogan Ptx 22-46 degree (4-pw)stiff flex standard lie
Wedges: Callaway Mac Daddy 4 50,54,58 degrees
Putter: Odyssey EXO seven

Gig’em Aggies!

IMG_2573.JPGcame in today, getting started installing them tomorrow and pending weather I’ll give them a shot Friday.

In the bag
Driver: Callaway Rogue Subzero 9.5 Stiff flex
3 wood: Callaway Rogue Subzero 15 degree
Hybrids: 17 degree titleist 816 h2
Irons: Ben Hogan Ptx 22-46 degree (4-pw)stiff flex standard lie
Wedges: Callaway Mac Daddy 4 50,54,58 degrees
Putter: Odyssey EXO seven

Gig’em Aggies!
  • Like 2

Big thumbs up on the Modus - one of the best feeling and smooth shafts I've tried.  Really wanted them to put in my irons, but the I decided to go with trackman figures and the DG AMT's ended up having the best numbers.  Looking back, I'm not sure I'd have went with the different weighted shafts for lower irons.  I like the concept, but miss my old KBS shafts and would have liked to try to Modus.

• Like 1

I am always concerned about getting fake shafts from places I don't know...like Ebay. I have found Callaway Pre Owned to be a great place to get shafts....especially when they're running a sale of 30-40% off. 

On 4/5/2018 at 6:06 PM, Kenny B said:

You might look at Matrix White Tie, Red Tie, and Black Tie shafts depending on your ball flight.  Black = low, Red = Mid, White = high.

Personally, I would like to try the Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Black HBP 2nd Generation shaft for $50.

Currently have the kuro kage 2nd gen hybrid shaft in a maltby KE4 tour 22° I'm testing and have the wood wood shaft in a cobra F7 I'm messing with against my Callaway rogue with stock recoil shaft.  So far I'm pleased on a simulator but snow still on the ground here so no actual play.  I did order 1 of the iron shafts to try in the gap wedge on building so initial impressions were good enough to have my buy another, price helped that a lot as well!  Hopefully I will have some more feedback in the next few weeks as our season gets started.

• Like 1

For a great low/low option that worked out better than any other shaft I tested, the Aldila RIP Phenom NL.  It's not a shaft for everyone and requires an aggressive transition to load it, but man this thing pipes with my M3. 

You can find them new on eBay for $50-60

• Like 1

Aerotech Claymore MX48, best shafts I've played in my driver and 3wd(after trying Rogue silver, various Matrix, Pro Launch etc.), and they are dirt cheap.

For those of you who love the UST shaft, can you describe what you like. I always see people posting about these but the color schemes are dreadful. I am looking for a shaft that feels very smooth but not whippy and not boardy......any thoughts?

I am going to have to go with Aerotech Claymores or Accra Shafts (a couple generations old, look on Mike's Golf Outlet).