TESTERS WANTED! ×

New grips today

Been going back and forth on new clubs or just regrip and go another year or two. I decided that I will buy new clubs come the off season but fhe midsize grips need to go. Really felt that since I went midsize a year ago, I struggled at times to maintain good grip and it costs me from time to time. Ive played regular for 40 years and had to go back.

I went a little on the cheap end but since I really only need them a year or less. Bought Winn Dritac and installed 5 tonight and hit the range during high winds and rain here in Oregon. A small bucket later I think I will like them. Maintained good grip even on mishits and I felt feedback was much better then my Tour Velvets were. I actually prefer a softer almost spongy feel over what various GP Ive played in the past. Not a huge investment for clubs I will sell or use as travel clubs in a year or less.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

• 4 weeks later...

Good luck with those grips. It had been my experience that you won't get a full season out of them.

WITB:

Irons:       Ping S55 4-PW

Wedges:  Scor 4161 54*, 58*

Hybrids:   Adams Idea Gold Prototype 18*, 21*

Woods:    Ping G5 3 wd 15*

Driver:      Ping G 9*

Putter:      Scotty Cameron Select Fastback

I have had good luck with those grips.

Changed over to Super Stroke last year.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

I put them on as they were cost effective since this is my last year with these clubs and they previous grios were killing my hands.

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

watch out! it all starts with grips then a lie angle adjustment, then a shaft change all of a sudden its late night and you are scouring the net for tools and tutorials. LOL!

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

• 2 months later...

Good luck with those grips. It had been my experience that you won't get a full season out of them.

So...as you said...lol...and many reviews mentioned, they wont wear well. Im not surprised. Getting wear marks where my left palm sits. Ive posted something like 40 rounds since May 1st. Plus partial rounds and practice.

I will say that these are the best feeling grips with superior tackiness Ive ever played, but I wont go back to them.

New clubs tgus week so I will play stock grips until spring then go with MCC PLUS 4

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Hi stroker. Long time no see.

I don't like Winn. Only tried one set once... and hated the spongy feel. Perhaps they make others that are better? Maybe they are better for a wetter climate? ya got me. I don't know a soul that uses them.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

My change to regular diameter grips from mid-size has been amazing. Better feel and in some cases, better control... :ph34r: Good luck with the changes and keep us updated on your journey.

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

I actually like the light spongy feel. Bit of an absorber for my getting older abused hands.

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Going forward if you like the softer feel and want a longer wear time look into the CP2 line from golf pride. Not as soft as Winn BUT a good tacki feeling and the low taper rate is nice too

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

watch out! it all starts with grips then a lie angle adjustment, then a shaft change all of a sudden its late night and you are scouring the net for tools and tutorials. LOL!

THIS is a very real rabbit hole.... looking on eBay for golf shops going out of business hoping to score their shop tools for a fraction of the cost, researching golf gear specs into the night while monitoring prices. You know you've got the bug when your familiar with every review, from every website, for every piece of gear you will probably never own ha

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Papa-Bear was Here. 

• 3 weeks later...

Review...i put thr Dritacs on 2 Ping G30s which were sold a couple months ago. Also on my Ping Eye 2s which I just retired after many years of service. I went in to this with the idea id probably sell the clubs during the summer. They were cheap so ....

They had great feel, soft and a bit spongy. They were easier on my hands which was the goal. The grips were wearing and would have needed to be replaced which is what all the reviews said. "Wont last a season,". They wouldnt have and showed wear after just a few months. Granted, I play and practice a ton. More play on these in a few months than most play in a year.

They were GREAT in the rain and heat, but for lack of longevity, I wont buy them again.

I will be regripping my new irons come winter.

Back to research...

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Archived