Testers Wanted! Shot Scope V5 ×

Don't Like Patrick? (Reed Haters)

Sluggo42

Just read the comments under that tweet.  I don't make this crap up, I just share.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rich people

complaining publicly (via social media)

about

FREE STUFF

is

really 

really

D

U

M

B

wonder who the poor tour players were that had to sit next to him....surprised he didn't complain about the seats at Fenway yet .... they're notorious for being uncomfortable.

really could care less about his Ryder cup prowess - he and Poulter can both go play together in the losers cup.

I'd rather root for someone that's likable.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Just read the comments under that tweet.  I don't make this crap up, I just share.

lost in all of this is the irony that he and the 2 ladies are both smiling in the pic .... is he mad or not?  why even put this out there?  trying to make the @PGA tour look bad for giving them free tix he didn't like?  You know how much Sox tix are?  Try taking a family of 4 to a sox game.... it's outrageous...

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

so if that's the case then those aren't "line drives" that's foul territory...and anyone who has EVER been to a major league game sitting in the first few rows on the 1st and 3rd base lines KNOW to pay attention to the game.

In Fenway I've sat in all 3 areas and there is a huge net behind home - no chance of a ball coming there - there are now BIG nets down each baseline that extend pretty far ... 90 percent of the time the fouls going to 1st/3rd are pop ups.... at least at Fenway.

Reed should just shut his trap and stick to golf. It doesn't look good for rich guys to be complaining about freebies...ever. They should have had to buy tix just like everyone else does.

I'm with whoever else said it - I bet the players going to the game asked, specifically, that he not be with them. My understanding is he is one of the bigger a-holes on tour but that's based on the 15 or 20 pieces I've read about him...what do I know.

You said it in the first paragraph, anyone sitting in those seats knows to pay attention. That's why the folks in those seats usually purchase them for that reason. How many millionaires do you see at any of these games paying attention to anything about the game. They're to busy drinking and carrying on to pay attention. I would have wanted to move too.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I like Patrick Reed.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

If you bash Reed now, don't come back during the Ryder Cup singing his praises when Captain America shows up!

Does anyone even do that?

Not trying to be a jerk at all, but in all seriousness does anyone praise him?

I've only watched the most recent one in recent years at Hazeltine.

Another sports media imbecile trying to generate a story line they can feed off of.  I like Patrick Reed.  Those who like to take pot-shots at his college days need to transport themselves back to that age/time in their lives and have a serious look in the mirror.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Another sports media imbecile trying to generate a story line they can feed off of. I like Patrick Reed. Those who like to take pot-shots at his college days need to transport themselves back to that age/time in their lives and have a serious look in the mirror.

I agree with that, but I think the FREE baseball tickets scenario shows that he is still arrogant even after his college days. I don't think complaining about something that is free, makes you sound like a nice, humble person.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Another sports media imbecile trying to generate a story line they can feed off of. I like Patrick Reed. Those who like to take pot-shots at his college days need to transport themselves back to that age/time in their lives and have a serious look in the mirror.

The story line generated itself.

As far as his college days, there's plenty of pros on the tour right now who played in college and weren't accused of cheating, or stealing, or kicked out of programs, and they all have friends who genuinely like them.

You can like him all you want, but to say the constant issues surrounding him are purely made up by media types is disingenuous at best.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

The story line generated itself.

As far as his college days, there's plenty of pros on the tour right now who played in college and weren't accused of cheating, or stealing, or kicked out of programs, and they all have friends who genuinely like them.

You can like him all you want, but to say the constant issues surrounding him are purely made up by media types is disingenuous at best.

I think he is getting a raw deal. Maybe he doesn't fit in with the other pros. There were no charges, and no ncaa violations for cheating, it was he said, he said. There's no proof, did it happen, maybe but I wasn't there so I can't say for sure. Just because he is different and does things way different than others, and doesn't fit in, doesn't mean he is a bad person. Tiger Woods cheated on his wife, got caught, drove a car while on something, and everyone who loves him has given him a pass, and look up to him. So why is something that happened in Reeds past, (that wasn't even public knowledge until he won the Masters), held so much against him that people don't like him, and can't give him a pass. I get it that there are golfers that people don't care for, I get it, It's exactly the same for me when people fawn over Tiger. I want to puke. Reed is a pretty good player. He's not my favorite player to watch, but I don't dislike him.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

So what's the deal with him not letting his parents see their grandkid? Any insights?

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

We had a situation in our family where my sister demeed if was in the best interest of her daughter's not to see a particular grandparent and I didn't blame her. Most people probably thought she was being selfish. But actually far from the truth.

There's a lot to both sides that most of us will never know. So I don't make judgements on how people raise their kids unless it's something obviously abusive or immoral.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

So what's the deal with him not letting his parents see their grandkid? Any insights?

Rumor has it that his parents gave he and Justine free Red Sox tickets in the same damn section.  :)

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Does anyone even do that?

Not trying to be a jerk at all, but in all seriousness does anyone praise him?

I've only watched the most recent one in recent years at Hazeltine.

I wasn't frequenting this site nearly as much as I am now when PReed and Rory went back and forth in 2016 but another board was singing PReed's praises for that week, and that week only!

I do have insight but nothing I'm going to get heavily into on a message board.  It's not my tale to tell!  From my perspective, he takes the brunt of the backlash (both media driven and message boards) for something he neither created nor had much control over.

My aunt was neighbors with the Reed family in Augusta from 2007 until she moved in 2013.  I am not comfortable going further than that!

Archived