Divothead

Golf gloves

Our Sponsors

On 3/24/2019 at 7:56 PM, perseveringgolfer said:

I now use the Footjoy Sta sof. I used one all last season, yep, you read correctly, just ONE for the whole season and it's still very useable. Just bought 3 more recently to ensure I have them.

Usually I get a premium cabretta leather that has a hole in the thumb pad in 4 weeks or less. not anymore🙂

The European Tour winner last week also uses the Sta Sof- great for moisture as well, and only cost about $20 for a pack of TWO.

I use the MG Golf gloves.....for only $6.99. They are all Cabretta leather and last a l9ng time.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

I use the MG Golf gloves.....for only $6.99. They are all Cabretta leather and last a l9ng time.

I use these as well.  They are cheap but well made.  Which reminds me, I need to place an order for more.  🙂

• Like 1

I used to always use the Callaway gloves that Costco carried. Now that they make their own glove, but don't make it for a lefty, I was out shopping for new gloves and couldn't find anything in store that fit or was for the correct hand.

Remembered that this thread existed, and due to the high recommendations have ordered 5 MG DynaGrip gloves. $36 total including shipping and tax. Can't beat that price.

• Like 4

I used to always use the Callaway gloves that Costco carried. Now that they make their own glove, but don't make it for a lefty, I was out shopping for new gloves and couldn't find anything in store that fit or was for the correct hand.
Remembered that this thread existed, and due to the high recommendations have ordered 5 MG DynaGrip gloves. $36 total including shipping and tax. Can't beat that price.

You won’t regret it parlors!

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).
  • Like 1

You won’t regret it parlors!

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

What a great find!

The durability has impressed me the most so far with this glove. I have played 4 rounds with the same glove. Usually I would need to rotate a new glove in after 2 rounds.

The comfort and fit are fantastic as well.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

During the hot humid Florida summer, I usually have 2 or 3 gloves to rotate thru during a round.

• Like 1

Walmart carries a glove line called EZ Skin. Here in Canada they are about $10 a glove. The leather is pretty soft and comfortable and the gloves last pretty good for the price. Footjoy goes for about $25 in Golf Town and other golf stores here. I can go through about 3 or 4 gloves in a season when I'm playing and practising quite frequently, even though I only use them for drivers, 3-woods and hybrids off the tee. So, for $30 - $40, I can get three gloves, instead of paying top dollar to wear out 3 $25 dollar gloves in a season. I can spend the left over money on more range balls. 😉

The new Kirkland gloves have become my new go to glove. They are really comfortable, with a thin, but grippy material that allows me to feel the club really well. Durability has been great so far as well. Not bad for how cheap they sell them for.

• Like 1

I just bought this glove at Dick's the other day, haven't used it yet, but the feel is one of, if not the best I've ever felt. Not sure why it wasn't in the MGS glove tests (buyers guide)
IMG_3222.JPG

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 9:28 AM, chershey said:

The new Kirkland gloves have become my new go to glove. They are really comfortable, with a thin, but grippy material that allows me to feel the club really well. Durability has been great so far as well. Not bad for how cheap they sell them for.

So, while I was initially impressed, I have noticed that these gloves don't last as long in high humidity. They also seem to stretch out after time. I may need to look at some other options.

• Like 1

So, while I was initially impressed, I have noticed that these gloves don't last as long in high humidity. They also seem to stretch out after time. I may need to look at some other options.

I don’t find many gloves that can survive high humidity. I use rain gloves during the summer since they are designed to be wet.

On 3/24/2019 at 4:07 PM, PMookie said:

Gloves cost WAY too much. With the heat and humidity here, I go through around 10 gloves every summer, so it costs me a TON to keep gloves around. My old hook-up online store closed, so no more access to gloves at $6. $20 is just too much for a glove. I think I may try the Master Grip ones, but no matter which I buy, I need all Cabrera leather as ANY little bit of synthetic makes my hands even hotter and sweat more.

I’d really like to hear from folks in hot-humid places that use rain gloves. Curious if those would be a good route to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Picked this up on Amazon a week ago and it's great!
image.png

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M3SN812/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For 10 bucks it can't be beat....and it won best value performance glove for 2019 - https://mygolfspy.com/best-performance-gloves-of-2019/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chershey said:

Agree!  They come in a 5 pack for a reason, I suppose.  But since they're so inexpensive I don't feel bad if it doesn't last too long...

Picked this up on Amazon a week ago and it's great!
image.png.57fd05edc8d3061f143010efb2c8b730.png
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M3SN812/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
For 10 bucks it can't be beat....and it won best value performance glove for 2019 - https://mygolfspy.com/best-performance-gloves-of-2019/

Synthetic leather is hotter than cabretta, and gets slippery, so I don’t buy them. Thanks though!
I used MG grips yesterday and they’re awesome! I’m going to be sticking with those!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Currently, I am using MG Gloves. I am very satisfied with it. Before that I was using Zero Friction. They were good too. But I like to try new thinks, so I am thinking about trying  Bionic Stablegrip golf gloves next.mg-golf-gloves-review.jpg

You can get more ideas here.

Edited by DaisyGolfsHub

3 hours ago, DaisyGolfsHub said:

Currently, I am using MG Gloves. I am very satisfied with it. Before that I was using Zero Friction. They were good too. But I like to try new thinks, so I am thinking about trying  Bionic Stablegrip golf gloves next.

I've been using the Zero Friction gloves. I really like them and they hold up really well.

• Like 2

I just switched from the FJ WeatherSof to the Contour FLX.  I love the soft feel of the StaSof, but they never seem to hold up for me especially in high humidity, the WeatherSof was cheap and durable.  So far after a couple summer months, FLX has held up well, fits me perfectly, and is pretty close to the feel of the StaSof, at least to me.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2019 at 8:40 PM, DaisyGolfsHub said:

Currently, I am using MG Gloves. I am very satisfied with it. Before that I was using Zero Friction. They were good too. But I like to try new thinks, so I am thinking about trying  Bionic Stablegrip golf gloves next.mg-golf-gloves-review.jpg

I have been using the Bionic Stablegrip almost since I started playing two years ago and I love them, very comfortable and I love the all black look and the support from the special pads.  

On 8/3/2019 at 1:04 AM, Fake Carl Spackler said:

I just switched from the FJ WeatherSof to the Contour FLX.  I love the soft feel of the StaSof, but they never seem to hold up for me especially in high humidity, the WeatherSof was cheap and durable.  So far after a couple summer months, FLX has held up well, fits me perfectly, and is pretty close to the feel of the StaSof, at least to me.

I just recently tried the FLX, and it is just about the softest most comfortable glove I have worn so far.  I'm not ready to bench the Bionic yet, but it is a very close 2nd.