Most interesting/fun tournament rules

Zylem

I've played a couple times where the course total (72) is added to your handicap (13) = 85, in my case. Each played is given a flag, like you would mark you lawn sprinklers with before the aerator comes through. Name and number (85) are marked on the flag. Got it so far? Wherever your (in my case) 85th shot stops, you plant your flag. Farthest flag down the course wins. Multiples in the 18th hole? Highest number wins, of course! You DO NOT want to be the player who plants their flag first, LOLZ!

I've thought about doing this but couldn't figure out how to do it to be fair. So adding the course handicap to par makes it work. This could be a fun Friday night 9 hole game.

• Like 1

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I've played a couple times where the course total (72) is added to your handicap (13) = 85, in my case. Each played is given a flag, like you would mark you lawn sprinklers with before the aerator comes through. Name and number (85) are marked on the flag. Got it so far? Wherever your (in my case) 85th shot stops, you plant your flag. Farthest flag down the course wins. Multiples in the 18th hole? Highest number wins, of course! You DO NOT want to be the player who plants their flag first, LOLZ!

I play in a tournament like this every year on flag day. The flags they use are little American flags that have you name and number on a sticker underneath the flag.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We haven't had great success with anything crazy for an official tournament.  We did the big cup thing last year, but our greenskeeper refuses to cut big cups in the greens so we used an 8" fake cup over the hole.  It's like a circular inverted wedge and it's supposed to trap the ball.  Problem is it was raining and the balls got slick and had a really hard time trapping the ball.  Feedback wasn't great so we aren't doing it this year.

We do have a modified scramble we started a couple years ago.  Blind draw with A, B, C, D players grouped by handicap.  All players tee off, but then the same person can't hit twice in a row.  So if you take A players drive then only B, C, D hit the next shots and so on.  All players putt except on the par 3's.  Those have designated putters based on hole handicap.  A player putts on hardest par 3, D player putts on easiest etc.  We do a calcutta before hand with a 60%, 30%, 10% payout to the top 3 places.  We also go out as 8-some's so it's kind of fun to have a big group of people.

• Like 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I play in a 2 day 4 person scramble that has 14 small cups and the remaining 4 are normal size. On the small cups they are just big enough for the ball to fit into them. All cups are cut on the green in the hardest spot imaginable and there are no gimmies at all. Extremely difficult course that plays 7000 yards plus. After the two days you are ready to pull your hair out. But it is a really fun time. Crazy to see 4 person teams hand in scorecards with 8's and 9's on it. And it's always played mid October in Michigan so you might get sunny and 50 or rain/ snow and 30. Its a great time and we look forward to it every year.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylormade M1 440 9.5* X flex

Titleist 910F 3 wood 15* stiff flex

Cobra Amp Cell Pro 4-PW S300 standard

Titleist SM6 wedge 50* 56* 60*

Scotty Cameron Circa 62 Model #1 putter

RH