TESTERS WANTED! ×

Shotmakers on Golf channel

Peterpc2828

Has anyone else checked out shotmakers on the golf channel? It's a reality golf show that takes place at Top Golf in Vegas, 2 person teams compete against each other collecting points for called shots into specific targets that ultimately lead to an elimination round at the end of the episode. I've watched the first 2 episodes and as excited as I was for this to come on I'm not impressed. Anyone else check this out and have any feedback? I really wanted to love this.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen bits of the first two episodes and it's boring.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I've watched, and I've found it entertaining enough. I was expecting something different, and spent more time watching Red Sox - Yankees, but it was ok.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

I saw the last half of the first show and about 10 minutes of the second then my wife came in and wanted to watch The Voice, there are some great singers on The Voice.  I don't plan to seek out the episodes of Shotmakers because if I know  TGC I will have ample opportunity to see them. 

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

I watched it mostly because I know Hailey Ostrom from college tournaments.

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Painful to watch, just painful.  Also the playing ability is not that great to boot.  Definitely a skip night for me when it is on.

A great addition would be giving the true TopGolf LV treatment with bottle service and the bevertainers that serve the drinks.  I could hit the ditch within the parameters 9 out of 10 times with a ladies four iron.....and that was after a bottle of Tito's.  I may or may not have been there several times :)

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Like you I watched it briefly and like you found it rather boring. I remember thinking that there must be an episode of "Law and Order" on some channel.

Outside a few names I didn't recognize most of the competitors and two of the names I did recognize were eliminated the first day so even having a somewhat familiarity with some of the participants couldn't help.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Haven't watched it. I like golf, this isn't golf. However I could see how it might attract new viewers so I get it.

Frankly I miss the Big Break. I wish they would bring it back.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Haven't watched it. I like golf, this isn't golf. However I could see how it might attract new viewers so I get it.

Yes! Big break was excellent. At least a few have made it into the PGA tour like Tony Finau.

Painful to watch, just painful. Also the playing ability is not that great to boot. Definitely a skip night for me when it is on.

A great addition would be giving the true TopGolf LV treatment with bottle service and the bevertainers that serve the drinks. I could hit the ditch within the parameters 9 out of 10 times with a ladies four iron.....and that was after a bottle of Tito's. I may or may not have been there several times :)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks these guys are that good.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

It has been a bit of a disappointment.  I gave it a try Monday night and thought it was boring, but that was after a long day.   Tried it again last night and I was still not entertained.  I like the thought of trying something new, but this one hasn't worked for me.  Bring back The Big Break.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

I did watch the first two episodes but found it to be poor. I think there is only so much you can do at a top golf facility, at the end of the day it gets boring just trying to hit shots into targets. This is suppose to replace the big break, but I honesty like the different challenges you have when playing on a proper golf course. Breaking the glass, flop shots over the wall, short game challenges. I know this has been done before and they are trying something new, but it looks like they just got a bunch of attractive Instagram golf girls and are trying to appeal to that younger market. It's ok to watch but can't see it going past one season

Horrible! Almost like it's canned

Sent from my VS985 4G using MyGolfSpy mobile app

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Not very exciting,  but since there isn't much else on TV I put it on for the noise.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

It's VERY BORING!!! Players aren't very good. The girls are pretty but that's not enough for me to watch. The GC commercials say "Shotmakers is setting the internet ablaze". Yeah it is, but most I've seen is saying it's terrible. Only lasting until the end of the month. Hopefully, it will die a quick death after that.

The talent wasn't great but I still found it kinda fun. Basically love version of the skills challenge from Tiger Woods video game

I actually thought that some of the entertainment value stemmed from the fact that the talent wasn't great. It was interesting to see some of them miss exactly the way I would. It almost made me feel a little better about my game.

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

It was alright. Watching everyone just hit to the trench was boring though. I expected some actual shot creativity and gamesmanship for scoring to win.

1)Taylormade Speedblade regular flex irons

2) Cobra Amp Cell  11.5 regular flex Driver

3)Right Handed

4) PA

5) 18 Handicap (but aiming for 15 by end of summer)

I have the same thoughts as the majority here.  I wanted to like it, but I just can't get into it.  Some of the shots are not something I would think I would see from someone that played college or pro golf.  I may give it one more try, but I doubt I'll end up watching it until the season is over with. 

In my bag:

Callaway Epic Subzero with Aldila Rogue Max 75 Stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue Subzero with Project X Evenflow 6.0 75g stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid with Aldila Synergy 60 HYB stiff shaft

Callaway Apex irons (4-PW) with True Temper XP 95 stiff shafts

Callaway MD3 wedges (50/54/58)

SeeMore Original FGP

Bridgestone Tour B RX

I'd watch more if it if the format changed. The current format is really slow to develop. 

They have a 30 second shot clock and have to hit five balls at five different targets.

Or they have 45 seconds to chug a beer and hit a ball like happy Gilmore.

Or if they call a target and miss, they get thrown off the top deck at the top golf.

Or change the format to something like big break and call it big break. Or big break top golf.

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

I have a top golf going up 5 miles away from me. ThAt show makes me hate top golf

Top Golf is great. Trying to make a show with Instagram Golfers at Top Golf Las Vegas, not as great of an idea as it probably sounded 

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

I must admit that I was not a big fan of the Big Break.   The initial 3 or 4 versions somewhat are entertaining, but afterwards, the skill challenge segments got to be rather boring to me, much like the targeting in Shotmakers.   Breaking glass, hitting over a wall is not that much dissimilar, in my opinion.  I would have like it better, it the contestants just played golf.   Also, while not as old as I am now, it would have been nice to have a senior episode where the winner got a spot in a Champions tour event.  

I must admit that I was not a big fan of the Big Break.   The initial 3 or 4 versions somewhat are entertaining, but afterwards, the skill challenge segments got to be rather boring to me, much like the targeting in Shotmakers.   Breaking glass, hitting over a wall is not that much dissimilar, in my opinion.  I would have like it better, it the contestants just played golf.   Also, while not as old as I am now, it would have been nice to have a senior episode where the winner got a spot in a Champions tour event.  

No one wants to watch them shoot in the 80's & 90's

I think it will be “one and done”. It's horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Archived