Peterpc2828

Shotmakers on Golf channel

The talent wasn't great but I still found it kinda fun. Basically a live version of the skills challenge from Tiger Woods video game

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Caught the end of the first show.  That's the end of the show for me.  

• Like 1

The talent wasn't great but I still found it kinda fun. Basically love version of the skills challenge from Tiger Woods video game

I actually thought that some of the entertainment value stemmed from the fact that the talent wasn't great. It was interesting to see some of them miss exactly the way I would. It almost made me feel a little better about my game.

• Like 2

It was alright. Watching everyone just hit to the trench was boring though. I expected some actual shot creativity and gamesmanship for scoring to win.

• Like 1

I have the same thoughts as the majority here.  I wanted to like it, but I just can't get into it.  Some of the shots are not something I would think I would see from someone that played college or pro golf.  I may give it one more try, but I doubt I'll end up watching it until the season is over with. 

• Like 1

I'd watch more if it if the format changed. The current format is really slow to develop. 

They have a 30 second shot clock and have to hit five balls at five different targets.

Or they have 45 seconds to chug a beer and hit a ball like happy Gilmore.

Or if they call a target and miss, they get thrown off the top deck at the top golf.

Or change the format to something like big break and call it big break. Or big break top golf.

• Like 3

I have a top golf going up 5 miles away from me. ThAt show makes me hate top golf

Top Golf is great. Trying to make a show with Instagram Golfers at Top Golf Las Vegas, not as great of an idea as it probably sounded 

• Like 2

Haven't watched it. I like golf, this isn't golf. However I could see how it might attract new viewers so I get it.

Frankly I miss the Big Break. I wish they would bring it back.

I must admit that I was not a big fan of the Big Break.   The initial 3 or 4 versions somewhat are entertaining, but afterwards, the skill challenge segments got to be rather boring to me, much like the targeting in Shotmakers.   Breaking glass, hitting over a wall is not that much dissimilar, in my opinion.  I would have like it better, it the contestants just played golf.   Also, while not as old as I am now, it would have been nice to have a senior episode where the winner got a spot in a Champions tour event.  

• Like 1

I must admit that I was not a big fan of the Big Break.   The initial 3 or 4 versions somewhat are entertaining, but afterwards, the skill challenge segments got to be rather boring to me, much like the targeting in Shotmakers.   Breaking glass, hitting over a wall is not that much dissimilar, in my opinion.  I would have like it better, it the contestants just played golf.   Also, while not as old as I am now, it would have been nice to have a senior episode where the winner got a spot in a Champions tour event.  

No one wants to watch them shoot in the 80's & 90's

I think it will be “one and done”. It's horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This show is a gigantic tire fire. The hosts are awful, no personality. The side comments from the people waiting on the side just come across as snide remarks. The big break was a way better presentation. I do like the idea of more shots in less time. Some of the time these people take to make a shot is part of the problem with golf.

• Like 2

I mean, it's a reality show. They're all canned. 

Horrible! Almost like it's canned

Haven't watched it. I like golf, this isn't golf. However I could see how it might attract new viewers so I get it.

I totally agree! The Big Break was awesome! I watched it religiously! They need to bring it back!

• Like 4

Yes I agree, I too miss the big break. Shot makers is ok but I honestly felt that I could have hit better shots and I'm just a weekend warrior. Hopefully the talent level does pick up, it has the potential to entertain.

Guess I'm with the majority here. I caught part of it, kinda by accident, as I generally only tune in to the GC when I'm on my exercise bike or elliptical. At first I thought, "OK - coed teams doing something different" but then the novelty wore off as I realized I didn't really know who most of the people were, nor why/how they were teamed together. Maybe that was in the intro part of the show that I didn't see?

Anyway, two names I did recognize - Marcus Allen and Tania Tare; representing long drives and trick shots - seemed to make for a very unlikely pairing! So I guess part of it is a lot us don't really "know" any of the participants .. so it's not the same as watching your fave tour pros on the weekend. Just watching random people hit single golf shots.

Maybe it might be more fun - not just with the beer chug challenge added in ;-) (..great idea!) - but maybe with team pairings along the lines of male + female pros, or a pro + their spouse, or pro + their caddie or + their son/daughter, or something to "draw us in" a bit better?

I could hit the ditch within the parameters 9 out of 10 times with a ladies four iron.....and that was after a bottle of Tito's. I may or may not have been there several times :)

OMG, I'm dying... 🤣🤣🤣

Outside a few names I didn't recognize most of the competitors and two of the names I did recognize were eliminated the first day so even having a somewhat familiarity with some of the participants couldn't help.

I practice at Robbie Biershenk's two ranges, and have played at the courses around Greenville that Tommy owns as well. Sucked to see Shank go out first, but he played terribly.

I did watch the first two episodes but found it to be poor. I think there is only so much you can do at a top golf facility, at the end of the day it gets boring just trying to hit shots into targets. This is suppose to replace the big break, but I honesty like the different challenges you have when playing on a proper golf course. Breaking the glass, flop shots over the wall, short game challenges. I know this has been done before and they are trying something new, but it looks like they just got a bunch of attractive Instagram golf girls and are trying to appeal to that younger market. It's ok to watch but can't see it going past one season

Seems like they could have done some “HORSE” or “Match the Shot” stuff right off the bat. The producers are doing a horrible job, IMO. I was kind of excited for this; I LOVE TopGolf & know the Biershenk boys a little bit, but this is awful.

• Like 1