Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Stanley Cup

tommc23

Oh yeah. The refs in hockey can be hard to figure sometimes, but if you know who the league wants in the finals, you'll have a pretty good idea of what team will or won't be penalized during the games. The one way to keep the refs from getting involved isntondu what the Ducks did a few years back as the 7th seed. Just don't let anyone score. Their goalie Giguère didn't let anything in that playoff season. My team is sorta rebuilding, but we've had our share of bad refing in the playoffs. We had a good 25 year run until last season. Time to start a new one.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've been fixing thing for the Penguins for years. Remember when Pittsburgh was in bad shape in the early 2000's and ownership was threatening to move to Kansas City? Then the lockout happens and every team gets equal odds in the draft lottery but somehow, “oh, what do you know” Pittsburgh wins the draft lottery and drafts Sidney Crosby. How convenient huh?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not quite how that went down. Teams got a different number of balls due to their past performance, playoffs and #1 picks over the previous 3 years. 

Three balls

Two balls

One ball

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

You're right. I actually went back and looked at that draft as well as the previous when the Pens took Malkin #2 overall. All teams had a shot at the #1 pick but it was weighted.

Hey, I don't blame the NHL. It's entertainment and at the time the threat of a team that just over 10 years earlier was a two-time cup winner with Lemeuix and Jagr leaving to a new city was not one the NHL Board of Governors wanted to deal with.

Lemeuix was crying poor and the Pens needed a new arena. Get Malkin and Crosby and a dynasty was born.

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

The draft lottery is no good anyway, and that goes for any sport imo. But, hockey has done a very good job of getting some parity from top to bottom in the league. You can have a dominant team if the guys who are there are willing to play for less money. The Wings, Blackhawks, even the Pens have done a good job of getting good players to play for less money with many opportunities to win. Baseball is getting better at this as well, so is football. But NBA has lots of work to do in this area. Of the 4 major sports though, hockey has put out a good product to watch over the last 15 years or so. I still think bigger nets, and less bulky goalie equipment is coming soon. Scoring is up some from the last 20 years, but I think it needs to come up a little more.

You're right. I actually went back and looked at that draft as well as the previous when the Pens took Malkin #2 overall. All teams had a shot at the #1 pick but it was weighted.

Hey, I don't blame the NHL. It's entertainment and at the time the threat of a team that just over 10 years earlier was a two-time cup winner with Lemeuix and Jagr leaving to a new city was not one the NHL Board of Governors wanted to deal with.

Lemeuix was crying poor and the Pens needed a new arena. Get Malkin and Crosby and a dynasty was born.

While Im not usually a fan of teams saying they need a new arena, however in this case they did. The old Mellon arena was a total dump. Having been in both buildings and the locker rooms and amenities. They needed it! 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

I'm an Oakland A's fan so I know all about teams needing new facilities! But yeah, not a fan of them always asking for taxpayer money to pay for them.

WITB:

Rife Legend Z Putter

Boston going to Game 7?

Driver: Ping G25 10.5*
Hybrid 3/4: NIke Vapor Fly 20.5, 22.5
Irons: 5 to A Wedge: Mizuno JPX 850 Forged

Wedges: 52*, 56*, 60* Vokey SM4
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 3 (2017)
Ball: Bridgestone RXS
Bag: Callaway

The draft lottery is no good anyway, and that goes for any sport imo. But, hockey has done a very good job of getting some parity from top to bottom in the league. You can have a dominant team if the guys who are there are willing to play for less money. The Wings, Blackhawks, even the Pens have done a good job of getting good players to play for less money with many opportunities to win. Baseball is getting better at this as well, so is football. But NBA has lots of work to do in this area. Of the 4 major sports though, hockey has put out a good product to watch over the last 15 years or so. I still think bigger nets, and less bulky goalie equipment is coming soon. Scoring is up some from the last 20 years, but I think it needs to come up a little more.

Draft lottery is the best thing to ever happen to the NHL (although there are better plans out there). Google the Gold Plan for a really interesting take on it.

NHL has huge parity though, teams can go from bottom to competing very quickly (much faster than in the NBA or MLB for example). The last two years the team that finished with the worst record in the league has made the playoffs the next season, Leafs with Matthews and the Avs this year (Avs even lost the lottery and had a bad draft pick). It makes it easier to stay connected for a fan base to not have to ensure a painful long-term rebuild.

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

If we want more "exciting" hockey, we need less teams. Less teams= more talent per.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

If we want more "exciting" hockey, we need less teams. Less teams= more talent per.

I disagree with that I think the 30 number is a good number. Vegas this year was the highlight first year in the league and making the playoffs I mean wow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I disagree with that I think the 30 number is a good number. Vegas this year was the highlight first year in the league and making the playoffs I mean wow.

Being a fan of a team that was the joke of the league for a decade, I respectfully disagree. I will say, management is a big reason why it was dark for so long around here, and parity has gotten better, but there's still a number of teams who don't have NHL talent top to bottom.

George McPhee played the system perfectly for the expansion draft, acquiring additional draft picks for taking certain players so the teams could keep players the weren't able to protect wanted to keep. A few of the older players were becoming UFAs within a season or two, or were replaced by younger players so the vets were in a more reduced roll, but had the same cap hit (Neal, Perron, Fleury).

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Draft lottery is the best thing to ever happen to the NHL (although there are better plans out there). Google the Gold Plan for a really interesting take on it.

NHL has huge parity though, teams can go from bottom to competing very quickly (much faster than in the NBA or MLB for example). The last two years the team that finished with the worst record in the league has made the playoffs the next season, Leafs with Matthews and the Avs this year (Avs even lost the lottery and had a bad draft pick). It makes it easier to stay connected for a fan base to not have to ensure a painful long-term rebuild.

I'm just not a big fan of a “lottery” for the picks. Yes, the NHL has done a good job of keeping things even from top to bottom in the league in regards to parity.

Caps vs Pens this evening!  Will be a great series.  Let's GO CAPS will be chanted in the NUT CAVE all night long!! 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Bruins v Bolts starting on Saturday! Going to be a Great series!

Let's go Bolts!

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Ready to go for Game 1 vs Boston! Let's go Bolts! IMG_3924.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Not going so good for the Bolts....☹️

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Not going so good for the Bolts....☹️

I missed the whole game, unfortunately. The Bruins won big in their first game against the Leafs and look at how that series panned out. I think this one's going 7 games too.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

With all due respect to my new MGS friends from Tampa:

YEAAAAHH BRUINS!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

This Winnipeg-Nashville series is shaping up to be a great one!

WITB:

Rife Legend Z Putter

I missed the whole game, unfortunately. The Bruins won big in their first game against the Leafs and look at how that series panned out. I think this one's going 7 games too.

Maybe.  Big difference to me is that against the Leafs they did it on home ice, and against Tampa they did it on the road.  They've essentially taken home ice away, and that can be huge.

My Bag:

Damn that was another sick OT game between the sharks and knights

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I fell asleep that is a series right there though. Not many new teams can do what Vegas has.

William Karlsson is a stud this year. The Columbus Blue Jackets exposed him in the expansion draft and gave Vegas their 1st and 2nd round picks in 2019 and David Clarksons bad contract to ensure Vegas would take Karlsson instead of another player off their roster.

Think Columbus would like a do-over on that deal?

WITB:

Rife Legend Z Putter

Great Lightning win last night - sorry Sportsman

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Great Lightning win last night - sorry Sportsman

I was thinking about this thread last night, hoping everyone else would have forgotten about it.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

My Bag:

The caps are gonna have to start playing in this series if they want to actually win a cup for once

they did the past two games.. now they can clinch in Pittsburgh which would be awesome!!!

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

they did the past two games.. now they can clinch in Pittsburgh which would be awesome!!!

My brother and sister were at the game last night. Must've been a fantastic atmosphere and I can't wait to hear their report.

Knowing the Caps (and Penguins for that matter), we can still probably expect a game 7.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I cannot watch that series even if I wanted to. Every time I turn a game on the pens score and/or I have to mute the game because the announcers have a absurd amount of love for the penguins and it pisses me off.

Archived