tommc23

Stanley Cup

We'll take them anyway we can get them. But the last 3 minutes of the 3rd period and the OT, were edge of your seat stuff!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

When the caps put it all together for 3 periods, they're a scary team! And Ovi is hungry!!

Bring on them Bruins!

• Like 2

Bring on them Bruins!

Coming from a die-hard life-long Leafs fan.... not so fast!!! Leafs outplayed the Booins in game 4 and are ahead again tonight. They face a tough road back, but if they keep playing like this a game 6 win at home is imaginable, and then in a game 7 anything can happen baby! We should know

• Like 2

Coming from a die-hard life-long Leafs fan.... not so fast!!! Leafs outplayed the Booins in game 4 and are ahead again tonight. They face a tough road back, but if they keep playing like this a game 6 win at home is imaginable, and then in a game 7 anything can happen baby! We should know

Im a Leafs fan for the next 6 weeks or so. Would love to see them in the SC Finals while Im in Toronto !

• Like 2

And I call BS on the Stanley cup refs so far. Seen so many missed calls and phantom calls its f**king disgusting

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

And I call BS on the Stanley cup refs so far. Seen so many missed calls and phantom calls its f**king disgusting

I'm waiting to see Philly fans start throwing stuff on the ice. What a turn of events with that missed tripping call.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm waiting to see Philly fans start throwing stuff on the ice. What a turn of events with that missed tripping call.

There was a kissed boarding call by a flyer on a pen too... they started calling the game tight then it's like the refs said **** it the pens are losing let's not call anything. Yes I will admit that I think the NHL wants the pens and their "greatest player" to win the cup every year.

There was a kissed boarding call by a flyer on a pen too... they started calling the game tight then it's like the refs said **** it the pens are losing let's not call anything. Yes I will admit that I think the NHL wants the pens and their "greatest player" to win the cup every year.

They've been fixing thing for the Penguins for years. Remember when Pittsburgh was in bad shape in the early 2000's and ownership was threatening to move to Kansas City? Then the lockout happens and every team gets equal odds in the draft lottery but somehow, “oh, what do you know” Pittsburgh wins the draft lottery and drafts Sidney Crosby. How convenient huh?

• Like 1

Pens on to round 2!

Couturier tore his MCL in that practice hit. Still had a heck of a game 5 & 6. What an effort by him

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Oh yeah. The refs in hockey can be hard to figure sometimes, but if you know who the league wants in the finals, you'll have a pretty good idea of what team will or won't be penalized during the games. The one way to keep the refs from getting involved isntondu what the Ducks did a few years back as the 7th seed. Just don't let anyone score. Their goalie Giguère didn't let anything in that playoff season. My team is sorta rebuilding, but we've had our share of bad refing in the playoffs. We had a good 25 year run until last season. Time to start a new one.

• Like 1

They've been fixing thing for the Penguins for years. Remember when Pittsburgh was in bad shape in the early 2000's and ownership was threatening to move to Kansas City? Then the lockout happens and every team gets equal odds in the draft lottery but somehow, “oh, what do you know” Pittsburgh wins the draft lottery and drafts Sidney Crosby. How convenient huh?

Not quite how that went down. Teams got a different number of balls due to their past performance, playoffs and #1 picks over the previous 3 years. 

Three balls

Two balls

One ball

You're right. I actually went back and looked at that draft as well as the previous when the Pens took Malkin #2 overall. All teams had a shot at the #1 pick but it was weighted.

Hey, I don't blame the NHL. It's entertainment and at the time the threat of a team that just over 10 years earlier was a two-time cup winner with Lemeuix and Jagr leaving to a new city was not one the NHL Board of Governors wanted to deal with.

Lemeuix was crying poor and the Pens needed a new arena. Get Malkin and Crosby and a dynasty was born.

The draft lottery is no good anyway, and that goes for any sport imo. But, hockey has done a very good job of getting some parity from top to bottom in the league. You can have a dominant team if the guys who are there are willing to play for less money. The Wings, Blackhawks, even the Pens have done a good job of getting good players to play for less money with many opportunities to win. Baseball is getting better at this as well, so is football. But NBA has lots of work to do in this area. Of the 4 major sports though, hockey has put out a good product to watch over the last 15 years or so. I still think bigger nets, and less bulky goalie equipment is coming soon. Scoring is up some from the last 20 years, but I think it needs to come up a little more.

• Like 1

You're right. I actually went back and looked at that draft as well as the previous when the Pens took Malkin #2 overall. All teams had a shot at the #1 pick but it was weighted.

Hey, I don't blame the NHL. It's entertainment and at the time the threat of a team that just over 10 years earlier was a two-time cup winner with Lemeuix and Jagr leaving to a new city was not one the NHL Board of Governors wanted to deal with.

Lemeuix was crying poor and the Pens needed a new arena. Get Malkin and Crosby and a dynasty was born.

While Im not usually a fan of teams saying they need a new arena, however in this case they did. The old Mellon arena was a total dump. Having been in both buildings and the locker rooms and amenities. They needed it! 

I'm an Oakland A's fan so I know all about teams needing new facilities! But yeah, not a fan of them always asking for taxpayer money to pay for them.

• Like 1

The draft lottery is no good anyway, and that goes for any sport imo. But, hockey has done a very good job of getting some parity from top to bottom in the league. You can have a dominant team if the guys who are there are willing to play for less money. The Wings, Blackhawks, even the Pens have done a good job of getting good players to play for less money with many opportunities to win. Baseball is getting better at this as well, so is football. But NBA has lots of work to do in this area. Of the 4 major sports though, hockey has put out a good product to watch over the last 15 years or so. I still think bigger nets, and less bulky goalie equipment is coming soon. Scoring is up some from the last 20 years, but I think it needs to come up a little more.

Draft lottery is the best thing to ever happen to the NHL (although there are better plans out there). Google the Gold Plan for a really interesting take on it.

NHL has huge parity though, teams can go from bottom to competing very quickly (much faster than in the NBA or MLB for example). The last two years the team that finished with the worst record in the league has made the playoffs the next season, Leafs with Matthews and the Avs this year (Avs even lost the lottery and had a bad draft pick). It makes it easier to stay connected for a fan base to not have to ensure a painful long-term rebuild.

If we want more "exciting" hockey, we need less teams. Less teams= more talent per.

• Like 1

If we want more "exciting" hockey, we need less teams. Less teams= more talent per.

I disagree with that I think the 30 number is a good number. Vegas this year was the highlight first year in the league and making the playoffs I mean wow.