Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Say Hello to Precision Pro Golf!

Welcome to the MGS flip side! It's always cool to see companies solicit product feedback in an open forum.

I have a few rangefinder bugaboos and they all center on battery life/platform.

In my experience, accuracy and general functionality (target lock) can be affected when a CR23 battery is limping toward the recycling bin. I would appreciate an accurate and attention grabbing low battery indicator (i.e. triggers when

While we are on the physical battery subject - why not offer a rechargeable platform? Some may not want the hassle of remembering to charge up before a round; but as I have steadily acquired more tech, charging all my toys the night before a round has become part of the routine. And surely platform requirements wouldn't necessitate a 1:1 charge per round ratio.

Moving on to feature function but sticking to battery life, let's talk “pulse vibration”. For the shaky hands or visually challenged user, I recognize the draw. But with steady hands and sharp vision (for the time being), for me a vibrating rangefinder is an unnecessary and significant battery drain. It would seem like adding an on/off pulse option to the user feature cycle wouldn't be that difficult.

My Bushnell Tour Z6 is probably 10 years old and it won't last forever. But I purchased it specifically because it did not vibrate on target lock, at a time when that particular feature advance was being introduced across the industry. When my Z6 eventually kicks the bucket, I'm hoping a unit with on/off vibration selection is a reality. Additionally, I don't hunt much anymore but with some of your products being billed as crossover units, perched in an otherwise quiet blind with a buzzing rangefinder sounds like a buzz kill.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NX7 Pro has a lifetime battery replacement policy so when I'm down to a bar on it, I just fill out the online link and they'll send you a battery for free.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Welcome to the MGS flip side! It's always cool to see companies solicit product feedback in an open forum.

In my experience, accuracy and general functionality (target lock) can be affected when a CR23 battery is limping toward the recycling bin. I would appreciate an accurate and attention grabbing low battery indicator (i.e. triggers when

While we are on the physical battery subject - why not offer a rechargeable platform? Some may not want the hassle of remembering to charge up before a round; but as I have steadily acquired more tech, charging all my toys the night before a round has become part of the routine. And surely platform requirements wouldn't necessitate a 1:1 charge per round ratio.

Moving on to feature function but sticking to battery life, let's talk “pulse vibration”. For the shaky hands or visually challenged user, I recognize the draw. But with steady hands and sharp vision (for the time being), for me a vibrating rangefinder is an unnecessary and significant battery drain. It would seem like adding an on/off pulse option to the user feature cycle wouldn't be that difficult.

My Bushnell Tour Z6 is probably 10 years old and it won't last forever. But I purchased it specifically because it did not vibrate on target lock, at a time when that particular feature advance was being introduced across the industry. When my Z6 eventually kicks the bucket, I'm hoping a unit with on/off vibration selection is a reality. Additionally, I don't hunt much anymore but with some of your products being billed as crossover units, perched in an otherwise quiet blind with a buzzing rangefinder sounds like a buzz kill.

Maybe they can make an option to turn off the vibrate function? Good suggestion.

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

The NX7 Pro has a lifetime battery replacement policy so when I'm down to a bar on it, I just fill out the online link and they'll send you a battery for free.

I just read up on their "Precision Care Package" and it applies to all NX7 units. Sounds like top notch customer service that goes above and beyond lifetime free battery replacement! I'm impressed.

Maxfli___'23 Tour X

Great input! I think the option for the 'pulse vibration' feature is something that we could consider in our future products. We're constantly having those types of conversations, so I'll share that input with the rest of our team. 

As for your thoughts concerning the battery... we've had all of those thoughts/questions as well. Basically, we tried to take the simplest and most straight-forward approach to solving those issues by offering a free life-time battery replacement for all of our products. It was our thinking that this would take care of a lot of the issues that you discussed. We're trying to make this feature more prominent and easier for users to fill out, but it's our hope that this will fix those issues you mentioned.

Precision Pro Golf

Use Discount Code MYGOLFSPY20 for $20 OFF.

#swingwithconfidence #hitmoregreens

www.precisionprogolf.com

Great input! I think the option for the 'pulse vibration' feature is something that we could consider in our future products. We're constantly having those types of conversations, so I'll share that input with the rest of our team.

As for your thoughts concerning the battery... we've had all of those thoughts/questions as well. Basically, we tried to take the simplest and most straight-forward approach to solving those issues by offering a free life-time battery replacement for all of our products. It was our thinking that this would take care of a lot of the issues that you discussed. We're trying to make this feature more prominent and easier for users to fill out, but it's our hope that this will fix those issues you mentioned.

Thanks for the speedy reply. Just a heads up; on the "free life-time battery replacement for all of our products" front, the Nexus is not currently listed in the drop down selection menu within the online battery replacement form. I am nonetheless very impressed after reading up on the "Precision Care Program".

Maxfli___'23 Tour X

I have a friend who is looking for a laser rangefinder. Now I didn't seem to find if your NX7pro slope can be disable in any way. He is looking for one that he can use in tournaments and for normal rounds. Does the NX7pro have the option to turn off slope function?

Srixon Z785 8.5* Ventus 7X/Tensei Orange Pro TX70 

Callaway GBB Epic SZ 14* 42.5" Fuji Speeder Pro Tour Spec X 75

Wilson Staff Blades 3-PW TT DG120 X100

Cleveland RTX-RC 50/54/58 

Evnroll  ER2

Srixon  Z star XV

Golf Pride MCC

I have a friend who is looking for a laser rangefinder. Now I didn't seem to find if your NX7pro slope can be disable in any way. He is looking for one that he can use in tournaments and for normal rounds. Does the NX7pro have the option to turn off slope function?

Yep, on the Pro version, you can switch between slope and non-slope.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Just got my laser today and it looks great! Can you guys tell me what this screen means? (Sorry the pic isn't very good...)PSX_20180419_192000.jpg

What part of the country are you located?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

If you ever get back into the gps watch business I would be interested.  I recently went to single vision lens with anti glare tint and looking in a range finder is difficult. I wear no line bifocals off the course. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Just got my laser today and it looks great! Can you guys tell me what this screen means? (Sorry the pic isn't very good...)attachicon.gifPSX_20180419_192000.jpg

Hmm..about 2/3 of those icons have never displayed on my Precision Pro NX7 Pro.  There's a bluetooth, weather compass icons ??  Very strange...  I've looked through a few NX7 Pros and none of them had those additional icons.  That's from an NX7 Pro ?

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Just got my laser today and it looks great! Can you guys tell me what this screen means? (Sorry the pic isn't very good...)attachicon.gifPSX_20180419_192000.jpg

What I think is happening in that picture is a result of holding down the power button to turn it on instead of just pressing the power button once and releasing it. If you keep holding the power button, you'll get that wonky screen. However, if you just press and release the power button, the rangefinder will turn on and be ready to go. 

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions. You can feel free to email [email protected] if need be.

Precision Pro Golf

www.precisionprogolf.com

What part of the country are you located?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

We're headquartered in Cincinnati, OH... where one day -- hopefully one day soon -- it will actually feel like spring again.

Precision Pro Golf

www.precisionprogolf.com

I have a friend who is looking for a laser rangefinder. Now I didn't seem to find if your NX7pro slope can be disable in any way. He is looking for one that he can use in tournaments and for normal rounds. Does the NX7pro have the option to turn off slope function?

As some others have stated, the NX7 Pro does have the option to turn off the slope function.

Precision Pro Golf

www.precisionprogolf.com

Can't BELIEVE y'all missed the Bigfoot behind that tree!

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Where should I store the NX7 Pro Rangefinder?

It should be stored in a dry area at room temperature. The NX7 Pro rangefinder does work in cold and/or wet conditions; however prolonged exposure to extreme temperature and/or humidity may have adverse effects on the performance of the product.

Question: Could you define cold conditions (operating temperature range) as I sometimes play in real feel temps around 30 degrees , also if it drizzles or rains a little - will it still operate?

Thank you  :D

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Can't BELIEVE y'all missed the Bigfoot behind that tree!

😁😂🤣😂 Sorry, the UFO was blocking it..

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Exactly. My dad accidentally discovered it that way. Do you know why those icons are there, if they are not associated with the device?

Question: Could you define cold conditions (operating temperature range) as I sometimes play in real feel temps around 30 degrees , also if it drizzles or rains a little - will it still operate?

Thank you  :D

The cold shouldn't have an averse affect on the rangefinder for a round or golf. That copy is there more to say don't store it for prolonged periods of time in extreme cold. For example, don't store it in your car throughout the entire winter. But you shouldn't experience any troubles if it's below freezing for a couple rounds. (Although, we hope you get some warm rounds in soon where ever you are.)

As for the rain... a light drizzle shouldn't affect it. However, a stronger and more consistent rain will begin to affect the laser's ability to give an accurate yardage. Unfortunately, this is a problem all rangefinders are going to experience. 

Hope this info helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Precision Pro Golf

www.precisionprogolf.com

The cold shouldn't have an averse affect on the rangefinder for a round or golf. That copy is there more to say don't store it for prolonged periods of time in extreme cold. For example, don't store it in your car throughout the entire winter. But you shouldn't experience any troubles if it's below freezing for a couple rounds. (Although, we hope you get some warm rounds in soon where ever you are.)

As for the rain... a light drizzle shouldn't affect it. However, a stronger and more consistent rain will begin to affect the laser's ability to give an accurate yardage. Unfortunately, this is a problem all rangefinders are going to experience.

Hope this info helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Thanks!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Archived