Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Say Hello to Precision Pro Golf!

I will say two things, I find the hard case cover for NX7 model to be of the highest quality and as someone who has dropped it once or twice (while in the case) it's been invaluable.

Also I know you can't speak of things currently in R&D or down the road....unless you want to, I don't think anyone here will tell anyone...ha But I'm very intrigued by the combination GPS/Laser unit. I saw one at the PGA Show, and thought how handy it would be. I understand sometimes when two things are combined into one, then neither one is as good as it was on it's own. The exception to this is definitely an Arnold Palmer (lemonade/ice Tea for those somehow unaware) but I digress...always looking forward to new and shiny things.

I actually had the strap on the back of my case rip completely when I pulled my bag out of my car and now I can't put it on my bag anymore Such a bummer since it was like 2 weeks old too.

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually had the strap on the back of my case rip completely when I pulled my bag out of my car and now I can't put it on my bag anymore Such a bummer since it was like 2 weeks old too.

Oh man that's rough.  You should reach out to customer service to see if they can do anything for you .  

My biggest fault is unstrapping the bag from the cart without being ready to grab the case...hence the dropping it twice I mentioned.   ha

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Welcome to the forum!!!! When it comes to technical matters regarding golf equipment and accessories, I am an illiterate. Therefore, I would ask when discussing your products, try to keep it simple, not overly technical for idiots like me.

A personal question, if I may. About four years ago, my wife got me a rather expensive laser range finder, at the time is was supposed to be the top of the line. I know that over the last four years there have been technical advancements to golf equipment, can the same be said for rangefinders. If so, what are they. I will need to know if I am to convince the wife to get me a new one. With such information and at your price point, I have a good shot.

TheWahoo,

At our next get together whether happy hour or on the course, or happy hour on the course 😁, you are welcome to try my precision pro NX7!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Welcome! Really cool to see a manufacturer and brand like this very involved. You guys even replied on my “Intro” post which I thought was impressive. I find customer engagement a major plus and really has me interested. Just got two new clubs so another big purchase right now might be a tough call. But might be a good idea to pass along to my wife and kids for Father's Day!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M2 D-Type, 9.5 degrees, (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

3/4W -  :cobra-small: King F6 Black 3-4 Wood (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4H -  :callaway-small: Rogue (Stiff flex) (Stock grip) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4-AW -  :callaway-small: Steelhead XR Irons (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grips, 7i with Winn Dri-Tac X Grip) 

SW -  :callaway-small: 56* X-Wedge

60* -  :callaway-small: MD4 Wedge

Putter - Odyssey White Hot RX #7

Bag -  :callaway-small: ORG 14 cart bag

Welcome aboard! Do you carry the GPS watches?

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Welcome. I bought the nx7 with slope earlier this year and so far so good.

Marking and “catching” the flag is pretty quick and simple. Idiot proof interface and settings.

This is an odd request but it feels just a hair light in hand. A small amount of heft would be appreciated and for my hand the unit is just a little small and sometimes have trouble getting a good grip.

Accuracy seems to be spot on but will be using it much more as the season unwinds.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Thank you for answering.   Having just completed my 7th decade on the planet, that "Shakey Hands" affect is applicable, ever thought about a senior rangefinder for old coots.   Since I have a rangefinder, are those things you have in works worth delaying a purchase until they are available.   The wife likes to buy my golf stuff because she says I don't need anything else, so timing is important and critical in my case.   I can only go to the well so many times, so to speak.

More great questions! Ha ha. This is awesome. 

I think you would appreciate the user-friendliness of the NX7 or NX7 Pro in regards to the "shaky hands" issue. We haven't considered doing a "senior rangefinder" specifically for older players, but we do try to take into account those types of issues with our products. 

We do have plans in the works, but nothing immediate for which I'd recommend you waiting to purchase. That said, we do plan on coming out with a generous "upgrade" program if you buy a rangefinder this year and then would like to upgrade to our new product.

(I might have said too much already, so let's keep this between you, me, and the other tens of thousands of Golf Spies on this forum.) ;)

Precision Pro Golf

Use Discount Code MYGOLFSPY20 for $20 OFF.

#swingwithconfidence #hitmoregreens

www.precisionprogolf.com

Sorry that happened. That sucks. Email me at seth@precisionprogolf with your name and address and we'll send you a new case. 

Precision Pro Golf

www.precisionprogolf.com

Sorry that happened. That sucks. Email me at seth@precisionprogolf with your name and address and we'll send you a new case. 

Thanks!

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Welcome! Really cool to see a manufacturer and brand like this very involved. You guys even replied on my “Intro” post which I thought was impressive. I find customer engagement a major plus and really has me interested. Just got two new clubs so another big purchase right now might be a tough call. But might be a good idea to pass along to my wife and kids for Father's Day!

Thanks for the kind words. We don't want to be the 'big, corporate' brand that's tough to deal with. We're all regular people who love the game of golf. We have great products that we believe in and we want to deliver the industry's best customer service. If you ever think we aren't delivering on that, please let us know. Likewise, comments like yours are also great to hear for moments when you think we're on the right path.  B)

Precision Pro Golf

www.precisionprogolf.com

Welcome aboard! Do you carry the GPS watches?

Sorry, but we've actually discontinued that product.

Precision Pro Golf

www.precisionprogolf.com

And fyi... we will definitely have some great deals for Father's Day, so maybe you can drop some not-so-subtle hints for her and she can keep an eye on at www.precisionprogolf.com. ;)

Precision Pro Golf

www.precisionprogolf.com

Welcome. I bought the nx7 with slope earlier this year and so far so good.

Marking and “catching” the flag is pretty quick and simple. Idiot proof interface and settings.

This is an odd request but it feels just a hair light in hand. A small amount of heft would be appreciated and for my hand the unit is just a little small and sometimes have trouble getting a good grip.

Accuracy seems to be spot on but will be using it much more as the season unwinds.

This is great feedback. Thanks! I'll note this for everyone internally as we have discussions about future products.

Precision Pro Golf

www.precisionprogolf.com

These look like really solid rangefinders. I wanted to get one but couldn't bring myself to do it. For you guys who have owned a rangefinder and a GPS, are lasers a lot better? My handicap is around 6 and I have several high school tournaments lined up this spring/summer, so I feel like I would benefit from one. I need y'all to convince me I need one!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Thanks!

No problem. Sorry again that that happened. Well get a new case in the mail to you ASAP. It'll either go out this afternoon or first thing tomorrow. 

Precision Pro Golf

www.precisionprogolf.com

These look like really solid rangefinders. I wanted to get one but couldn't bring myself to do it. For you guys who have owned a rangefinder and a GPS, are lasers a lot better? My handicap is around 6 and I have several high school tournaments lined up this spring/summer, so I feel like I would benefit from one. I need y'all to convince me I need one!

We'll let golfers on here share their opinions with you in regards to laser rangefinders vs GPS. (We definitely think laser rangefinders are more useful in more situations.) After that, here's a little something to make the decision a bit easier for you. 

Use discount code GOLFSPY for $20 OFF instantly. THEN, on top of that, you can take advantage of a $30 mail-in-rebate through our website. Hope that helps! (Btw... full disclosure... the $30 rebate is only available for a limited time, so it might not be there depending on how long you wait to buy.)

Precision Pro Golf

www.precisionprogolf.com

We'll let golfers on here share their opinions with you in regards to laser rangefinders vs GPS. (We definitely think laser rangefinders are more useful in more situations.) After that, here's a little something to make the decision a bit easier for you.

Use discount code GOLFSPY for $20 OFF instantly. THEN, on top of that, you can take advantage of a $30 mail-in-rebate through our website. Hope that helps! (Btw... full disclosure... the $30 rebate is only available for a limited time, so it might not be there depending on how long you wait to buy.)

Okay, I may have to look into that!

More great questions! Ha ha. This is awesome. 

I think you would appreciate the user-friendliness of the NX7 or NX7 Pro in regards to the "shaky hands" issue. We haven't considered doing a "senior rangefinder" specifically for older players, but we do try to take into account those types of issues with our products. 

We do have plans in the works, but nothing immediate for which I'd recommend you waiting to purchase. That said, we do plan on coming out with a generous "upgrade" program if you buy a rangefinder this year and then would like to upgrade to our new product.

(I might have said too much already, so let's keep this between you, me, and the other tens of thousands of Golf Spies on this forum.) ;)

Again, thank you for answering.   I personally find your proposed "upgrade" program to be really important to some old coots like me.  As I age, compensating technical advancements become more helpful.  It will be especially helpful with the wife. 

Another difficulty that I have is that my rangefinder has a supposed  "pin seeker" feature.   But I find it better named as "flag seeker".   If there is a breeze and the flag is flapping, no real problem.   However, sometimes, especially on long shots, if the flag is just laying limp and is not as visible, so to speak, it doesn't seem to seek as well.   Admittedly, it could me my rather old eyes, but again as an old coot, I could use some extra help with the seeking.   

I have both. Both are very usefull. I use the laser more as it's very easy to shoot the guys on the green in front of you to get a quick yardage.

The GPS obviously is key in blind shots and giving multiple distances at a glance.

Also very easy (and humbling to mark and measure) your drives.

I have the NX7 Pro range finder and almost every round use it in conjunction with the GPS Golf Band another Precision Pro product.

I have both. Both are very usefull. I use the laser more as it's very easy to shoot the guys on the green in front of you to get a quick yardage.

The GPS obviously is key in blind shots and giving multiple distances at a glance.

I have the NX7 Pro range finder and almost every round use it in conjunction with the GPS Golf Band another Precision Pro product.

Is there ever a time where you'd opt for GPS over rangefinder? The problem I have with GPS is remembering to charge it every time I play. That is where I see a huge advantage for a rangefinder. That and the fact that you can get a distance to virtually anywhere. I think I'm sold on the rangefinder...

This. So, so easy to pull out the NX7 Pro and laser a flag or guys on the green. But I'd doesn't give you front middle back distances unless you laser a guy you THINK is those distances and blind tee shots you really are out of luck unless you laser a target right where the dogleg might be. Each has its own strengths but coupled together make both an indespensible tool.

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Is there ever a time where you'd opt for GPS over rangefinder? The problem I have with GPS is remembering to charge it every time I play. That is where I see a huge advantage for a rangefinder. That and the fact that you can get a distance to virtually anywhere. I think I'm sold on the rangefinder...

Really good question.  Your scenario is obviously one advantage of the Laser.  And to that point, I took both the Laser and GPS on last weeks trip to Pinehurst, I ended up using the Laser for all four rounds.  Because I had a fully charged GPS sitting in my backpack at the Condo :(   I don't usually keep it in the golf bag as it needs charging, so it's constantly either charging at home or in my office, neither of which do me any good when I'm on the 7th hole...ha

That certainly isn't the fault of the GPS it's just the nature of the beast.  And it's not like they can be charged while your using them, as the charging port is on the back of the unit.  Kind of tough to get that on, while its on your wrist.

The other big advantage of the Laser is on the driving range.  II use it all the time to verify the distance to flags or other targets on the range, the distance the range provides is not always correct.  And I can pick intermediate targets such as a bare spot about 40 yards out if I want to practice pitch shots..etc. 

So if push came to shove, and I could only have one, it would be the Laser, but I'm glad I can have both. 

Really good question. Your scenario is obviously one advantage of the Laser. And to that point, I took both the Laser and GPS on last weeks trip to Pinehurst, I ended up using the Laser for all four rounds. Because I had a fully charged GPS sitting in my backpack at the Condo :( I don't usually keep it in the golf bag as it needs charging, so it's constantly either charging at home or in my office, neither of which do me any good when I'm on the 7th hole...ha

That certainly isn't the fault of the GPS it's just the nature of the beast. And it's not like they can be charged while your using them, as the charging port is on the back of the unit. Kind of tough to get that on, while its on your wrist.

The other big advantage of the Laser is on the driving range. II use it all the time to verify the distance to flags or other targets on the range, the distance the range provides is not always correct. And I can pick intermediate targets such as a bare spot about 40 yards out if I want to practice pitch shots..etc.

So if push came to shove, and I could only have one, it would be the Laser, but I'm glad I can have both.

Okay, this is good information. I see a lot of benefits to using a laser, but I had never really considered using both. That seems like a good idea, then if you forget to charge the GPS or whatever, you're still in good shape. Thanks for the thoughts!

Alright, big news. I just caved and bought the standard NX7! Super excited to get my first rangefinder!

Really good question.  Your scenario is obviously one advantage of the Laser.  And to that point, I took both the Laser and GPS on last weeks trip to Pinehurst, I ended up using the Laser for all four rounds.  Because I had a fully charged GPS sitting in my backpack at the Condo :(   I don't usually keep it in the golf bag as it needs charging, so it's constantly either charging at home or in my office, neither of which do me any good when I'm on the 7th hole...ha

That certainly isn't the fault of the GPS it's just the nature of the beast.  And it's not like they can be charged while your using them, as the charging port is on the back of the unit.  Kind of tough to get that on, while its on your wrist.

The other big advantage of the Laser is on the driving range.  II use it all the time to verify the distance to flags or other targets on the range, the distance the range provides is not always correct.  And I can pick intermediate targets such as a bare spot about 40 yards out if I want to practice pitch shots..etc. 

This is a big-time underrated advantage of laser rangefinders. Golfers trying to improve should take their laser rangefinders to the driving range with them and do the things you mentioned.

Precision Pro Golf

www.precisionprogolf.com

Alright, big news. I just caved and bought the standard NX7! Super excited get my first rangefinder!

Awesome news! Thanks so much for choosing Precision Pro Golf. We think you're going to love it. :) Please let us know what you think and have fun out on the course this summer!

Precision Pro Golf

www.precisionprogolf.com

Alright, big news. I just caved and bought the standard NX7! Super excited get my first rangefinder!

Congratulations on the purchase and welcome to the NX7 Family😁

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

Congrats. You're going to love it. Also a great company to support.

Welcome and thank you for taking time to answer all the questions. I have an earlier version, the nexus, and it still works great though I'm interested in some of the slope features of the newer models. I see your in Cincinnati? A few of us spies are right up the road in Columbus. Maybe we'll have to make a road trip if you ever accept visitors. I'm sure a cool write up can always be done :)

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

I purchased a Nexus last year based on reviews from MGS. I reviewed the unit on your site. I love it, it's perfect for what I want in a range finder. The only problem is I hate the soft case. I'm not confident the rangefinder is going to stay in place. Can I buy the hard case? Can't find a way to do this on your website. Really glad that you're posting in the forum; wish more mfg's had the fortitude to do so.

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Archived