jlukes

New Jersey/Eastern PA Thread

Starting next month I'm able to travel to golf because I'm not working 5 days a week. I'd like golf with some of the guys in Jersey to NEPA

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

I just stumbled across this thread and wanted to introduce myself. I'm in Burlington, right near the Bristol Bridge. Closest course to me is Rancocas, but there's lots of courses within 20 miles or so. I'd be up for getting together for a round sometime. Don't mind driving a bit. My golf time is mostly Friday afternoons and weekends.

• Like 1

We just re joined for a weekday membership at Basking Ridge. Friday - Sunday I'm down for playing anywhere. :)

Ha ha .. love Monty Python!!!
  • Like 1

Burlington! Nice I'm right up the road in Delran. Rancocas I absolutely hate but try melrose in Pa short course but very challenging

• Like 1

Where would you be looking to play?

I'm willing to drive an hour or so anywhere from philly to scranton and the pa Jersey border

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I'm in Monmouth Beach, NJ and mainly play the Monmouth county golf courses, let me know if anyone is heading down this way perhaps we can get together for a round.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

HOMINY HILL!

I have only been playing golf regularly for 3 years now (a few years prior at corporate outings - and one day I fell hard for the game and it's been a love affair ever since) and have played a lot of courses in NJ, and I have to say that Hominy Hill has got to be the best public course in NJ! Robert Trent Jones designed and in great shape! 

• Like 1

Hey guys. Going to be playing the Crystal spring courses next Thursday. Wanted to play Wild Turkey and Ballyowen but Ballyowen has an outing that day and won't be open till almost 3pm. Which other courses do you recommend there and in which order?

Hey guys. Going to be playing the Crystal spring courses next Thursday. Wanted to play Wild Turkey and Ballyowen but Ballyowen has an outing that day and won't be open till almost 3pm. Which other courses do you recommend there and in which order?

They are all pretty nice. I'd say in order

Ballyowen

Wild turkey

Crystal springs

Black bear

• Like 1

Love them all just recently played Ballyowen a few weeks back and got to say the bunkers were in horrid condition, hard pan sand not good, greens good but would have played somewhere else. Oh and it was cart path only, suggestion if you are not a walker make sure whichever you play you inquire if it's cart path only as they are all walks with a lot of hills. I always liked crystal springs but be prepared to be penalized for hitting some fairways as there are a bunch of moguls and you end up with uphill sidehill lies a lot. Overall a great set of courses.

• Like 1

HOMINY HILL!

I have only been playing golf regularly for 3 years now (a few years prior at corporate outings - and one day I fell hard for the game and it's been a love affair ever since) and have played a lot of courses in NJ, and I have to say that Hominy Hill has got to be the best public course in NJ! Robert Trent Jones designed and in great shape!

I live in toms River and somehow never found my way there. I wish I lived in Monmouth county, would get the county card in a heartbeat and there's a few options I believe. Toms River has bey Lea (blegh, but also my home course), and then for county courses just forget pond and Atlantis down in tuckerton or something

Cedar Creek in bayville has stepped up their game lately though just fyi for anyone

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hey Guys...I started a separate thread about this, so if you're interested post in it...so we can keep all the discussion in one place but wanted everyone here to see it.

So typically we--all be it on another forum--have held an end of season final local outing the last weekend in October.   So why not do it here.  Talking to a few people yesterday it seems Pilgrims Oak in SE PA, not too far from Baltimore area as well might make a somewhat central location for MD/PA/NJ guys.

The course is reportedly in fantastic shape, offers a good value and generally never disappoints.   So ;putting this out there to judge the interest.  I'll post it in the local DMV and NJ heads as well. 

But I first wanted to get an idea of the level of interest.  Post here if you are seriously interested or possibly or not even remotely...at least then we'll know...ha

https://www.pilgrimsoak.com/

• Like 1

Playing Northampton Valley Cc at 11am on Friday with my buddy. There are still two spots available on golf now if anyone wants to join

5 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Playing Northampton Valley Cc at 11am on Friday with my buddy. There are still two spots available on golf now if anyone wants to join

I wish I could but I have a class for work. I hope you get a few more to join you.

On 10/11/2018 at 4:26 PM, GolfSpy Rob said:

Hey Guys...I started a separate thread about this, so if you're interested post in it...so we can keep all the discussion in one place but wanted everyone here to see it.

So typically we--all be it on another forum--have held an end of season final local outing the last weekend in October.   So why not do it here.  Talking to a few people yesterday it seems Pilgrims Oak in SE PA, not too far from Baltimore area as well might make a somewhat central location for MD/PA/NJ guys.

The course is reportedly in fantastic shape, offers a good value and generally never disappoints.   So ;putting this out there to judge the interest.  I'll post it in the local DMV and NJ heads as well. 

But I first wanted to get an idea of the level of interest.  Post here if you are seriously interested or possibly or not even remotely...at least then we'll know...ha

https://www.pilgrimsoak.com/

Ah man. Not a great weekend for me but that would've been a perfect location for me. About an hour drive from my house....Oh well. Next time!

• Like 1