2018 Best Driver for average swing speed

Our Sponsors

https://mygolfspy.com/2018-best-driver-average-swing-speed/

Wow! 3 #1's! Rogue Sub Zero, G400LST and ST 180.

I wonder how the ST 180 will perform against my JPX-EZ? <_>

• Like 3

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Generally it was the most common shaft that you would see in stores for that particular driver. In essence that shaft profile the OEM will fit the widest range of golfers. Ping for example was the A

Some of them are my swings        

Indeed! TAKE MY $ PING!!!

Is it just me or does that ping 400 series of drivers seem bad ass

Nope, it's not just you! B)

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:cleveland-small: Halo 3h

PGF Southpaw 7W

:ping-small:  Eye 2  5-SW  or

:wilson-small: C200 5 - AW

:cleveland-small:  Oil Can 56* and 60*

:rife-putters-1:  2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

I wish we could see a breakdown of which Shafts appeared in the optimal setups the most often. Basically, this same test just with the data for the shafts used as the variable instead of the club head. 

Having this wide array of shafts in the tests makes me curious how big of difference they made. 

• Like 5

WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 19.5° Utility

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i

Wedges:  :Sub70:  56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

image.png

I've hit the Rogue sub zero and it seemed to fit me better then the G400. Maybe the G400LST is just as good for me. I like Ping but the Rogue killed it and I enjoyed the crisp sound it made. Was a bit longer too.

• Like 2

Krank Formula X LAGP Ozik Black Tie 70X 45" 9*

:755178188_TourEdge:CBX 3 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 43" 15*

Krank Formula X 5 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 42" 18*

Wishon Golf 775HS 3H Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid X-Flex  39.75" 21*

Wishon Golf 585HI 3DI  same shaft as irons 38.25" 21*

Wishon Golf 575 MMC Forged 5-A N.S.Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Wishon Golf Micro-Groove HM S, L same shaft as irons 

:EVNROLL: ER7B Gravity Grip 35"

To truely find out which driver is best for your game, you need to hit everything and go with what works best for your game. No chart will give you the answer, it can point you in the right direction. These tests are someone's else's swing not yours.

• Like 2

Adams Speedline 4G ultralite driver stiff shaft

Taylormade SLDR driver extra stiff shaft

Ping G20 3 wood stiff shaft

Adams redline 3&4 hybrids stiff shaft

Adams redline 5-PW stiff shaft

Titleist Vokey sm5 wedges 52, 56, 60

Boccieri golf Heavy putter

Is it just me or does that ping 400 series of drivers seem bad ass

Indeed! TAKE MY $ PING!!!

• Like 7

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Hit the Ping today at demo day, it's as the test show, a great feeling club.

• Like 3

:cobra-small: Driver F9                     

:cobra-small: 5 wood 18 TS2 

:mizuno-small:  Irons 4i / 9i MP-20 HMB   
:mizuno-small: wedge T20 46* 50*                                                           

:callaway-small: Wedges MD5 Jaws  58/x

:mizuno-small: Putter M-Craft II black

:titelist-small: Tour speed

I hit the Callaway rogue draw, g400 max and g400 sft  today at a Callaway demo day.  after a couple adjustments to the rogue it went like a rocket and my dispersion went from all over the map to center right instead of my usual left handed slice.  

I went to my local shop intent on testing and likely buying the g400 max and so they set it up for me and the rogue out distanced it by 20-25 yards and honestly I asked in a previous thread about sound making a difference and I finally got the difference yesterday, the sound the rogue made when I hit what is for me a great shot (200-210 carry) was confidence boosting, and the roll out difference was not comparable. I could carry 210 and end up rolling another 15-20 yards where the ping seemed to drop from the sky and stop dead, similar carry but no roll out. 

I really do appreciate the commentary and reviews this site provides really enjoy reading about other peoples experiences and recommendations. 

• Like 4

DRIVER -  Sim Max 10.5 lowered to 9.75 Ventus Red 5 S  shaft 

Woods -  Taylormade Sim Ti 3wood - Diamana reg 65

Taylormade  5 wood-  Ventus 6r 

Rescue/Hybrid -  

IRONS -  Callaway Mavrik 6- PW, AW   KBS 80 R steel 

WEDGES-  Vokey SM 8   50/54/58 

PUTTER-  Odyssey Stroke Lab Bird of Prey. 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

I hit the Callaway rogue draw, g400 max and g400 sft  today at a Callaway demo day.  after a couple adjustments to the rogue it went like a rocket and my dispersion went from all over the map to center right instead of my usual left handed slice.  

I went to my local shop intent on testing and likely buying the g400 max and so they set it up for me and the rogue out distanced it by 20-25 yards and honestly I asked in a previous thread about sound making a difference and I finally got the difference yesterday, the sound the rogue made when I hit what is for me a great shot (200-210 carry) was confidence boosting, and the roll out difference was not comparable. I could carry 210 and end up rolling another 15-20 yards where the ping seemed to drop from the sky and stop dead, similar carry but no roll out. 

I really do appreciate the commentary and reviews this site provides really enjoy reading about other peoples experiences and recommendations. 

The all over the map thing is my problem. It's not necessarily a length issue. I'd really like to try that rogue sub zero.

:cobra-small: F8 Driver - Project X Even Flow Blue

:callaway-small:  Rogue 3 wood - Aldila Synergy 

:callaway-small:  Rogue SZ 5 wood- Project X Even Flow Blue

:titelist-small:  818 H1 21* hybrid- Project X Even Flow Blue

:taylormade-small: M4 5-AW - KBS Max 

:cleveland-small: RTX3-CB 55*

:ping-small:  Sigma G B-60

:taylormade-small: TP5X balls

:travis-mathew-1:

• 2 weeks later...

To truely find out which driver is best for your game, you need to hit everything and go with what works best for your game. No chart will give you the answer, it can point you in the right direction. These tests are someone's else's swing not yours.

My impression of the testing is that the results are so close, any driver head will actually work for most golfers, it's a matter of getting the right shaft and personal preference to max it out for you. 

• Like 2

My impression of the testing is that the results are so close, any driver head will actually work for most golfers, it's a matter of getting the right shaft and personal preference to max it out for you. 

No doubt the right shaft for your swing is KEY to making a  driver perform to its max.

• Like 2

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

As a generality that is true. However, don't discount the head as there are characteristics to each that may make one better than another.

• Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

As a generality that is true. However, don't discount the head as there are characteristics to each that may make one better than another.

What are these characteristics, which drivers possess them and why didn't anything really anamalous show up in the testing?  

What are these characteristics, which drivers possess them and why didn't anything really anamalous show up in the testing?

Same characteristics that occur with the shafts - spin, launch angles, dispersion, efficiency, etc. generally when doing a fitting, the shaft is selected first and then heads are tested to fine tune performance. All clubs are like this due to different weight heads, CoG location, MOI, face thicknesses, head design, etc

In the most wanted testing the number you see are averages across the entire group of testers and different shafts in each driver. My guess is that if you used the same shaft and looked at a single tester you could see the differences.

Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Same characteristics that occur with the shafts - spin, launch angles, dispersion, efficiency, etc. generally when doing a fitting, the shaft is selected first and then heads are tested to fine tune performance. All clubs are like this due to different weight heads, CoG location, MOI, face thicknesses, head design, etc

In the most wanted testing the number you see are averages across the entire group of testers and different shafts in each driver. My guess is that if you used the same shaft and looked at a single tester you could see the differences.

That doesn't jive with the results though.  The results show that most of the drivers test out at almost the exact same distances and dispersion.  If those things you mentioned were inherent characteristics of a given driver off the shelf it would have shown up in the testing.  The averages being so close together literally means the differences between the clubs is just about statistically insignificant.  

That doesn't jive with the results though. The results show that most of the drivers test out at almost the exact same distances and dispersion. If those things you mentioned were inherent characteristics of a given driver off the shelf it would have shown up in the testing. The averages being so close together literally means the differences between the clubs is just about statistically insignificant.

Ok, go get a fitting and you can see those type of results for yourself. I saw my numbers from the most wanted testing and I can tell you there were what I consider differences between the drivers when looking from top to bottom.

Also, if the same shaft was used across the board, you would see the head differences.

Averaged out across multiple people, yes all drivers are basically the same.

• Like 1

That doesn't jive with the results though.  The results show that most of the drivers test out at almost the exact same distances and dispersion.  If those things you mentioned were inherent characteristics of a given driver off the shelf it would have shown up in the testing.  The averages being so close together literally means the differences between the clubs is just about statistically insignificant.  

Like cnosil points out, though, the results are across multiple testers with multiple shafts. If you could isolate one person's results, even with different shafts, you would see greater differences between drivers. Even more if they had used the same shaft for each head. 

When I went for my fitting in January, my swing performed much better with the Rogue Subzero than any other model. Same shaft, same swing speed, same swing characteristics. My best numbers (dispersion and distance) came from that club. I even retested after taking a break to do a putter fitting mid-session because I wanted to be sure it wasn't just when in the order I tested it. 

• Like 2

Driver: TS3, 9* (C1 setting, surefit cartridge in fade setting)

3/4 Wood: 917D2, 16.5 degrees (D1 setting, surefit cartridge neutral)

Hybrid: Titleist 818 H2, 19 degrees (C3 setting, surefit cartridge neutral)

Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 4-Iron (23 degrees); Mizuno MP-18 SC 5-iron(26) and 6-iron(30); Mizuno MP-18 7-iron(34), 8-iron(38), 9-iron(42), and P Wedge(46). Nippon Modus 120x shafts. 1 degree upright.

Wedges: Mizuno S-18 50, 54, and 58 degrees. 50 is 1 degree upright, 54 and 58 are standard lie. Nippon Modus 120x, soft stepped in the 54 and 58.

Putter: Evnroll ER1

Right-handed

Atlanta, GA