Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Wilson C300 forged

Street11

Enjoy! They're beautiful. Looking forward to your review.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

They caught my eye when I had a look at the Wilson Staff gear during the Masters competition. Forged with tech sounds good.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I'll have to give them a whirl at the PGATSS. I own both the C200's and F5's, both of W/S's "C" sticks from a couple years back, and love gaming both.

What's in My Bag?

Driver: Cobra F6

Fairway: Cobra F6 3/4

Hybrids: Wilson Staff D100ES (4 & 5)

Irons: Wilson Staff C200 (6i to GW)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX (52, 56, and 60°)

Putter: Happy Putter Blade

So I was finally able to hit them today on a local par three course and the maiden voyage was a great one. The feel is very similar to any forged iron and feels great with a pretty muted sound. No clicks here. I play a Wilson DUO and the combo with those balls and the C300s feels so soft. Distance maybe a tad longer than my previous set (Nike VR Pro Combos) but that mostly likely due to a stronger loft, though they are pretty standard lofts comparing to modern clubs, PW is *45.

The biggest difference I saw was the longer irons. I went to a range after and wow.... Flex face, power holes, who knows.. but the longer irons were so easy to launch. I striped about 8 4 irons in a row that felt very effortless and easy, and the best part is they look great at address! So far they are checking all the boxes. My MEVO arrives on Tuesday so I'll be able to get more numbers then. Also I got these wedges from a friend today and they are fantastic.

IMG_5596.JPG

:srixon-small: Z765 (Project X HRZDUS Yellow 6.0 63g)

:srixon-small:  Z45 (Kuro Kage stiff flex 70g)

:srixon-small:  U65 20* (Miyazaki X-stiff)

:nike-small: VR Pro Combo 4-PW (Project X PXI 6.5)

:nike-small: Engage wedges 52* 58*

:wilson_staff_small: 8802

What kind of wedges are those? They look sharp

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

What kind of wedges are those? They look sharp

They are EPON Tour wedges. They look FANTASTIC.

:srixon-small: Z765 (Project X HRZDUS Yellow 6.0 63g)

:srixon-small:  Z45 (Kuro Kage stiff flex 70g)

:srixon-small:  U65 20* (Miyazaki X-stiff)

:nike-small: VR Pro Combo 4-PW (Project X PXI 6.5)

:nike-small: Engage wedges 52* 58*

:wilson_staff_small: 8802

Wilson irons have always looked good when I see them on the tour, then I try the local pro's to try them and they dont stock them. Pity as they look good and any iron that has won more majors than any other manufacturer deserves a look. hopefully I can find someone who has them them to trial this year.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

As the consideration for irons continues into 2018, I must say that I want to give some Wilson irons a hit. Seeing these really isn't helping that urge! Cheers OP..

The only downside I've seen before is limited stock shafts, yet still a high price in the UK. That or I'm looking in the wrong places..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I was browsing around in pga superstore the other day and came across these and all I can say is wow. Didn't have time to demo them but they look amazing

Archived