Shoe Ho's Anonymous

PING Apologist #9

On 3/3/2019 at 7:08 AM, Nmrfgomes said:

One by one i´ll get there. I´m also kind of hard to please when it comes to shoes and sneakers. And when it comes to golf shoes i´m also trying to find the kind i like. This is my 3rd pair in 1 year of golfing. The first ones were kind of soccer shoes with rubbers indentations, the 2nd was a spike less brown casual shoe and these are my first with spikes.

1st

big_1266517.jpg&f=1

classic_1323644.jpg 2nd

4th will be between this...

big_1630651.jpg

big_1630650.jpg

or these

big_1642841.jpg

big_1619692.jpg

It´s also kind of hard to get good golf shoes at an affordable price. We have Portuguese brands with good looking shoes but expensive, and not so many golf shops around. The pro-shops at the clubs don´t have that much of variety.

Your both of your 4th options are pretty sweet looking. Is that a fairly new company?

Edited by M. Parsons
  • In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

7 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

Your both of your 4th options are pretty sweet looking. Is that a fairly new company?

It´s what we call a white Brand... like Kirkland @ costco... a brand that manufacturers for a specific company anything they want. We have a Sports supplies chain called Decathlon ( it´s a French company ) and Inesis is their low cost brand. The models you see are this year golf shoes models. Last year they had #2 at different colors.

• Like 1

To all in the Shoe Ho Anonymous meeting, My name is Tony and I have a problem!

Today on my way into Cleveland, my car unexpectedly careened across the turning lane straight in Golf Galaxy. How it knew to do this I'll never tell. But since I'm here and I coincidentally  or conveniently (which ever works for you), just happen to have some reward coupons with me.. To quench my addiction, I just had to check out the sales. 

Low and behold, last year's Pro SL's were on the deep discount table and miraculously there was one pair left in my size!  I, as many of you would quickly snatched them up and appropriately disposed of my reward certificates 😁. Hopefully you won't think any less of me. I promise not to buy any other golf stuff  (at least for a little while). 

IMG_5776.JPG

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

3 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

To all in the Shoe Ho Anonymous meeting, My name is Tony and I have a problem!

Today on my way into Cleveland, my car unexpectedly careened across the turning lane straight in Golf Galaxy. How it knew to do this I'll never tell. But since I'm here and I coincidentally  or conveniently (which ever works for you), just happen to have some reward coupons with me.. To quench my addiction, I just had to check out the sales. 

Low and behold, last year's Pro SL's were on the deep discount table and miraculously there was one pair left in my size!  I, as many of you would quickly snatched them up and appropriately disposed of my reward certificates 😁. Hopefully you won't think any less of me. I promise not to buy any other golf stuff  (at least for a little while). 

IMG_5776.JPG

Sweet pick-up there! Those look comfy!

BTW, you may want to let the car rental company about that little fault with your car...sounds "troublesome"...😜

• Like 1

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Does 3 pair classify me as a "shoe ho"? No pictures right now, but I currently own a pair of Puma Grip Sport spikeless, FJ Freestyles, and recently purchased Adidas Tour 360 Boost 2.0s.

• Like 2

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Aldila RIP Alpha 60 S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Bridgestone J40 CB (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 4 34"
Ball: Snell MTB-X
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

3 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

Does 3 pair classify me as a "shoe ho"? No pictures right now, but I currently own a pair of Puma Grip Sport spikeless, FJ Freestyles, and recently purchased Adidas Tour 360 Boost 2.0s.

Of course! Welcome to the group! Tell us more about your "affliction".

• Like 2

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

You're in but only on super secret probation.

Here's my latest sitting at the bottom of my FJ shoe rack
IMG_0358.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

This is merely the current rotation roster. And five of this group have identical NIB backups.

71AEC41F-4062-4927-AFC0-4C5EFCF44738.jpeg.4ba91e1d58961b4c239707cdf62e4470.jpeg

Assumed it wasn’t really a problem because I hadn’t attended any anonymous meetings. But since I’m already here, my name is DLK and I’m the worst kind of shoe ho.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

8 minutes ago, downlowkey said:

This is merely the current rotation roster. And five of this group have identical NIB backups.

71AEC41F-4062-4927-AFC0-4C5EFCF44738.jpeg.4ba91e1d58961b4c239707cdf62e4470.jpeg

Assumed it wasn’t really a problem because I hadn’t attended any anonymous meetings. But since I’m already here, my name is DLK and I’m the worst kind of shoe ho.

The NIB back-ups puts you into a whole new realm of "HO"-ness!!! THAT is true sickness and I love it! Nice pic too BTW... 

• Like 6

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve officially been missing out on grip. Just a few swings inside and I feel like I am glued to the floor. Maybe help with my spinning left foot.... comfy too!!

IMG_5224.JPG

Time to retire the adidas European Ryder Cup colors shoes. ☹️ they had a great run, but the soles are starting to separate.

Might be getting a pair of Nike running shoes.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Shankster said:

I’ve officially been missing out on grip. Just a few swings inside and I feel like I am glued to the floor. Maybe help with my spinning left foot.... comfy too!!

IMG_5224.JPG

Time to retire the adidas European Ryder Cup colors shoes. ☹️ they had a great run, but the soles are starting to separate.

Might be getting a pair of Nike running shoes.

If you are a neutral runner, the new Pegasus shoes are some of the best shoes I've run in.  They are nice and soft but have some firmness to them for when you really want to pick it up a notch.

• Like 2

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w, Evenflow Riptide
:nike-small: Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Figured I'd join the club, and I'm actually looking to purchase my first pair of spikeless shoes, I'm leaning towards the sketchers V.3
IMG_2964.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

If you are a neutral runner, the new Pegasus shoes are some of the best shoes I've run in.  They are nice and soft but have some firmness to them for when you really want to pick it up a notch.

I like cushy shoes. Need some.
  • Like 2

On 4/5/2019 at 5:17 AM, M. Parsons said:

Figured I'd join the club, and I'm actually looking to purchase my first pair of spikeless shoes, I'm leaning towards the sketchers V.3
IMG_2964.JPG

I put them on in-store while we were buying a gift and they're pretty comfy. Obviously I can't comment on how it feels to walk an entire round in them, but initial feelings were positive. Plus, they're pretty inexpensive so it's not a huge blow to the wallet if they suck. I got two of my friends to buy them and they both love them and I'd try them if I wasn't such a brand ho.

• Like 2

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 10* Ventus Red

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

I put them on in-store while we were buying a gift and they're pretty comfy. Obviously I can't comment on how it feels to walk an entire round in them, but initial feelings were positive. Plus, they're pretty inexpensive so it's not a huge blow to the wallet if they suck. I got two of my friends to buy them and they both love them and I'd try them if I wasn't such a brand ho.

Well, I purchased the Sketchers a few days ago, but really wanted the Puma Ignite PWRADAPT with the DISC/BOA system, so after going to a different golf shop and trying on about 6 different shoes, I landed up with the FJ SuperLites XP. They are super comfy and very light, slight lighter than the Sketchers. I haven't played in then yet, but here's what they look like.
IMG_3042.JPG

• Like 4

Well, I purchased the Sketchers a few days ago, but really wanted the Puma Ignite PWRADAPT with the DISC/BOA system, so after going to a different golf shop and trying on about 6 different shoes, I landed up with the FJ SuperLites XP. They are super comfy and very light, slight lighter than the Sketchers. I haven't played in then yet, but here's what they look like.
IMG_3042.thumb.JPG.755d16dd2d57fdb10b61498cf7cf9896.JPG

I like the "spikes" they look like they'll give great traction

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 10* Ventus Red

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

7 hours ago, yungkory said:

They stuck to the carpet in the store really well, and they are the same pattern as the SL/Pro, but I'll let you know once I get out on the range/course.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2019 at 11:33 PM, yungkory said:

Well, I got out on the range today with these new kicks and they lived up to the bill for me. They are very light and grip just as well as most of the spiked shoes I've used. My feet did get a little toasty, but the range setup has the sun beating down on my front side, and at 5,000+ feet, it can get pretty hot. I'll have to update after walking a full round in these.

Edited by M. Parsons
  • Like 2

IMG_2964.thumb.JPG.a724271a8d2049bfdd98a8b4b007c30c.JPG

Sketchers are super comfy and I don't notice a difference when it comes to spikeless.

Driver: Titleist 915D3 Diamana White XS
FW: Cobra Fly-Z 16.5 Adila Proto XS
Hybrid: Adams Boxer Proto Gold 19 Adila Proto XS
Irons: Titleist 714 CB 4-PW DG X100
Wedges: Vokey 50-54-58
Putter: Odyssey Versa #7

• Like 1

Take Dead Aim

On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 9:17 AM, M. Parsons said:

IMG_2964.JPG

Welcome to the club fellow Shoe Ho! Good looking line-up there!

• Like 1

Driver

#Powertotheplayers