TESTERS WANTED! ×

Branded or non branded stand bag

GeekingGolf

Just wondering everyone's preference on golf bags. I know that Ping pretty much took all the top spots in golf bags for the most wanted lists. I prefer a non branded bag meaning not one from a club manufacturer. I love Ping clubs don't get me wrong most of my current bag is Ping but it would feel odd having a Ping bag and other clubs in that bag. Tell me I'm crazy just wondering everyone's thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

I am the same way.  For some reason it never bothers me to have different brands of clubs in the bag though.  I am too lazy to walk when I play so I bought a Bag Boy Revolver cart bag.  I like the fact that it holds all clubs in place even when tipped upside down and rotates to easily remove the clubs while on the cart.

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Just wondering everyone's preference on golf bags. I know that Ping pretty much took all the top spots in golf bags for the most wanted lists. I prefer a non branded bag meaning not one from a club manufacturer. I love Ping clubs don't get me wrong most of my current bag is Ping but it would feel odd having a Ping bag and other clubs in that bag. Tell me I'm crazy just wondering everyone's thoughts.

Bag branding... Well, I usually wear and accessorize based on my irons so for example, I have Mizuno irons - my hats are Mizuno hats, shirts are addidas for when they were TM-addidas and match my woods, and for the bag I've always wanted a Mizuno bag but it's never happened. I had an Ogio Exo bag since it came out but it finally broke a year or so ago and was replaced by a sun mountain four 5. So I tend to be brand agnostic for golf bags.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I play multiple brands of clubs so I try to go non branded. However if I did go branded I'd go Mizuno or Evnroll (if they had a branded bag I liked).

My OCD would never let me use a branded bag of an OEM I didn't play any clubs of.

Not crazy. Just personal preference. I don't care whether my bag is branded or not. (Until I get one of those rockin' MGS bags!) I'm much more interested in the colors and configuration. I just want it to work for me, and be a color I can stand. My current bag is a camo Nike bought at Ross for 40 bucks, if I remember correctly. I like the 14 dividers and the layout of the pockets, so it's all good.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

I had a My Ping Pioneer bag when I had no Ping clubs in the bag, but just because it was so well reviewed and thought out. I must admit it bothered my OCD at the time, but thankfully I have put some Ping clubs in the bag so problem solved!

I will not wear a hat of a brand I don't have in the bag though.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

I don't like the big brand logo on the bag, although my previous two bags were both Sun Mountain so it didn't matter what clubs were in it.

Ping Hoofer bags are very well regarded and people have used them for years, even when they don't carry Pings in them, so I don't think it matters.

Now maybe it would be different if it was a more obscure brand like “Srixon” emblazoned across it and it's filled with Callaway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

That's why I ask I currently have I200 in the bag but my current Sun Mountain bag has lasted about 10 years time to get a new one and am leaning toward the Hoofer because MGS says it's the best. Love that 3.5 Jlukes

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

That's why I ask I currently have I200 in the bag but my current Sun Mountain bag has lasted about 10 years time to get a new one and am leaning toward the Hoofer because MGS says it's the best. Love that 3.5 Jlukes

Yeah the 3.5LS is a fantastic bag.  If I was a ping irons guy I might have a Hoofer because I love walking and it's hard to beat a Hoofer when it comes to stand bags

I love the look of the Hoofer bags and would still have one if the dividers didn't suck (imo). The SM divider shape for some reason just works better in not getting club tangle.

I'm about as big of a brand ho as you can be, but since Nike doesn't make bags, I don't feel forced to use one haha. I'd love a 3.5LS with monster energy logos so I could pretend to be tiger more than I already do

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Usually branded. If i have a mixed bag then whatever brand has the most spots in my bag could potentially be the branded bag. But I'm a fan of su mountain so they would be the bag I go with unbranded

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I lean more towards the non OEM branded stand bag, for me it needs to be light as I mostly walk, I've gone through 3 different single strapped bags, Jones/ Titleist and now the new Stitch SL1 with a sun mountain H2NO in between so aside from the Titleist bag I don't think I'd ever go branded, but if you haven't checked it out yet take a look at the Stitch SL1 bag it is a beautiful single strap stand bag that I'm truly in love with.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I've had Sun Mountain cart bags for many years, and I carried many different brands in them.  Well, I needed a new bag and had recently added Wilson Staff woods/hybrids.  As luck would have it, I found a camo W/S carry bag for $50 and love it.  It's lighter and fits on my push cart as well as my old cart bag did.  If I ever get rid of the W/S woods, I would probably look for a new bag but it would have to fit my push cart as well as this bag does or I will keep the W/S bag until it falls apart.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Looks like I'm in the minority, but I've never worried about brand matching. For years, I carried a Titleist bag with just a Vokey lob wedge in it. I lucked up last year and found a forest green Sun Mountain 2.5 with no SM logo on it. No logo. I couldn't believe it.

Oh, and I wore a Callaway hat when I played today, with no Callaway clubs in my bag. The hat is green and gold, and I'll wear anything green and gold (Go Tribe!).

I guess I'll be very brand consistent throughout the bag soon, but I'll still wear my green and gold Cally, TM and Ping hats.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Looks like I'm in the minority, but I've never worried about brand matching. For years, I carried a Titleist bag with just a Vokey lob wedge in it. I lucked up last year and found a forest green Sun Mountain 2.5 with no SM logo on it. No logo. I couldn't believe it.

Oh, and I wore a Callaway hat when I played today, with no Callaway clubs in my bag. The hat is green and gold, and I'll wear anything green and gold (Go Tribe!).

I guess I'll be very brand consistent throughout the bag soon, but I'll still wear my green and gold Cally, TM and Ping hats.

You are exactly like I am as in do not give two hoots. LOL I have been known to wear a Ping visor and not have a Ping club in the bag. I have an older Titleist staff bag but lately have began to really like my 10 year old or older Titleist stand bag. Lets see yesterday I did not even have anything resembling Titleist in it did not even play a Pro V played a Q Star. Had 6 different brands in there though.

I guess my being "proper" does filter over on the vintage side. If riding playing vintage I will have a vintage all Macgregor set in a vintage Macgregor green and white staff bag. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I am not a billboard and do not get paid to advertise anything so I try to avoid logos when possible.  I won't wear or carry branding by the large OEMs.  For a bag I have to live with the four5 from Sun Mountain, not many choices in golf bags. 

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

I guess I don't understand the question. What do you mean by "branded"? No matter what you buy/use...it's a brand, isn't it?

Do you mean is everything in the bag the same brand, including the bag? If that's it.... no, I don't have a branded bag. I have a Sun Mountain bag with Titleist driver and woods, Mizuno irons and an EVNRoll ER2 putter. I wear Hogan shirts and shorts  (usually) and I wear a Raiders ball cap. I wear Foot Joy shoes. I guess I'm an equal opportunity golfer...lol.

I guess I don't understand the question. What do you mean by "branded"? No matter what you buy/use...it's a brand, isn't it?

Do you mean is everything in the bag the same brand, including the bag? If that's it.... no, I don't have a branded bag. I have a Sun Mountain bag with Titleist driver and woods, Mizuno irons and an EVNRoll ER2 putter. I wear Hogan shirts and shorts (usually) and I wear a Raiders ball cap. I wear Foot Joy shoes. I guess I'm an equal opportunity golfer...lol.

I think he means would you, for instance, use a ping bag even though you don't have any ping clubs in your bag

I have a friend that is a Mizzy nut and has all Mizuno gear in a blue and white Mizzy bag.

Myself, I have a Sun Mountain Sync bag to go with my SM speed cart with 6 brands of clubs. I also have a Titleist stand bag I use for the range. It does match a 3w and my irons but I bought it when I had Tommy Armour 845's

Once I get a check for sponsorship from a manufacturer I'll have a branded bag - until then........

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I like to have plain/ discrete branded equipment and apparel that can match in with everything else. My bag goes on my push cart when I play and it's carried around the range hence why I went with a Bagboy Hybrid stand bag in black. Best of both worlds.

Have a look at Vessel if you want your own tour spec custom bag.

<p><strong>Driver: </strong><em>Ping G400 Max 9*</em><em>, VTS silver S </em><strong>Fairway 5: </strong><em>Cobra F7, VTS silver S</em><strong>Hybrid 4: </strong><em>Ping G400, VTS silver S</em><strong>Irons 5-PW: </strong><em>Srixon Z765, Steelfiber i110cw</em><strong>Wedges:</strong> <em>Grindworks 50F/56F/60F 86 Series</em><strong>Putter: </strong><em>Evnroll ER2 CS</em><strong>Bag/ Buggy:</strong><em> Bagboy Hybrid Chiller/ Caddy Tek EZ Fold</em><strong>Ball: </strong><em>Q Star Tour</em>

I use the bag I like. Have had a SM C-130 for three or four years now and when it comes time to check it, I will look into PING and Cobra bags (which have scored well the past years) among others even though I don't have a representative from either company currently in my bag. Play what you like and think looks cool

Edit: forgot I have the Cobra Utility iron remember kids: a redhead is just a blonde with high blood pressure

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

You're crazy! 🤣

I never gamed a Nike club in my life and my far and away best bag was a Nike. I loved that bag -

Buy the bag that best suits your needs.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

So, when I played in high school, my carry bag was a red Mizuno with no Mizuno clubs in there. Currently I've got a Puma bag, mostly full of Cobra, so slight cross promotion there. My theory on bags has always been to buy cheap and effective for my needs, brand be damned.

However, I understand the mental part though for some of you to want that continuity with clubs and bags. It makes you feel more professional and that can be a boon to your game if that's the way your brain is wired. It just isn't for me.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

I think all in all I dont like bags from the manufacturer of the clubs I play. That is why I have used Sun Mountain but of course I want a great bag that will serve my needs. I rarely walk anymore because my friends prefer to ride but I love stand bags just because of their functionality I had a cart bag for a bit but returned it nothing like putting on a green and hearing your bag topple over with a grand worth of clubs in it.

Bryson DeChambeau

I have both, branded for that brands clubs, 1 for whatever clubs, to me its like having a ol Ford & putting a Chevy engine in it... that's just blasphemy.

LOL I am going off topic for a minute but that is expected of me--- Back in the day there was a guy running around Charlotte NC in a 66 Mustang Fastback. Had a light bulb painted on the trunk or hatch lid with the statement  "Ford has a Better Idea Powered by Chevy" He in fact had a built Chevy small block 350 in it. My Frankenstein creation in those days was a 64 4 door Rambler with a 327 Chevy in it

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

LOL I am going off topic for a minute but that is expected of me--- Back in the day there was a guy running around Charlotte NC in a 66 Mustang Fastback. Had a light bulb painted on the trunk or hatch lid with the statement "Ford has a Better Idea Powered by Chevy" He in fact had a built Chevy small block 350 in it. My Frankenstein creation in those days was a 64 4 door Rambler with a 327 Chevy in it

Can understand the Rambler but the Mustang. Should be taken away from him

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Archived