TESTERS WANTED! ×

Live To Tape Coverage

So, as I was perusing Golf Twitter yesterday, I saw a lot of people complaining about the fact that with the pushed up start times you couldn't watch any of the golf live. The fact that the tournament was over just around the same time coverage was beginning on CBS seemed pretty pointless. However, for some of us without the ability to stream, the only way we could watch is on the network broadcast.

So I guess my question to y'all is this? In this day an age of PGA Tour Live and multiple streaming options, should the PGA Tour offer these events live instead of making us watch taped coverage in their live windows? I, for one, think they should. It frees up our afternoons for other entertainment options instead of watching old coverage. I was super frustrated to watch the Golf Central guys talk about all the players coming down the stretch and then they threw to their 1:00 coverage window with Luke List and Si Woo Kim teeing off on 1. Awful.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Unless I'm mistaken, the pushed up start times were weather-driven. Not much that the broadcaster can do with that, as they are very unlikely to change their entire broadcast schedule for the day. But I didn't understand why the live stream was on the same delay as the television broadcast.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

My guess is that the online live stream has to be delayed to sync up with the TV coverage based on contractual obligations between the PGA tour and the networks.

The scores are automatically sent to the media sites to allow people without access to follow along and I doubt there is a process in place to delay the feeds to these sites. The commentary by individuals and media is just something that can't be avoided.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I wasn't aware that the tee times had been moved up, but saw the "taped earlier" notice.   Honestly, I figured it was because that in the event of a playoff that did occur, they didn't want to cause a delay in the broadcast of the Country Music awards.  

I think they should do both. Give us the streaming option if we want, but stick with the normal broadcast as well.

On another note, I saw that fox is going to have 40+ hours of coverage for the US open this year. Easier for them since they don't do too many tournaments besides the USGA ones but still cool!

Driver- Titleist 913 D2

3 Wood- RBZ Stage 2

Hybrid- Cobra Bio Cell

Irons- Wilson Staff Tour V6

Wedges- Titleist Vokey 54/58

Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1

Archived