Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

The 5 wood

Zylem

Lots of great info, thanks all!!! Guess I need to start doing some research and demos to see what I like. Actually been interested in trying out the Tour Exotics clubs. Got a chance to demo a hybrid and was very impressed, only reason I didn't purchase it was because it was not offered in the loft I wanted.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Definitely demo, test, re-rest and demo some more! In addition to going into a store, seems more companies and online retailers are offering cheap try-before-you-buy programs.

See what works for you, and fills the gap you need.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started bagging a 5W .. an XR16 .. last season after on-and-off (mostly off...) relationships with a few different 3Hs.

I find, for me, the 5W flies higher and lands softer; ie. less rollout. (Don't know if that's generally true or not?)

I carry a 4H which is my general-purpose go-to utility club.

How do you like the Xr16? I found the right driver wondering if it's just smarter to go same TM as my driver in a 4 wood or 3HL as it were. My swing seems to agree with a 70 gram shaft.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Definitely demo, test, re-rest and demo some more! In addition to going into a store, seems more companies and online retailers are offering cheap try-before-you-buy programs.

See what works for you, and fills the gap you need.

I think to start I am going to use my club's trackman on the range and check all the gaps in my clubs first. The gap maybe smaller in reality than it is in my mind.

How do you like the Xr16? I found the right driver wondering if it's just smarter to go same TM as my driver in a 4 wood or 3HL as it were. My swing seems to agree with a 70 gram shaft.

Liking it a lot! Getting more and more comfortable with it as my swing evolves and improves, so am hitting it more often from more lies.

Of course, this particular one is not going to be good for everyone.

Also .. and probably good for a separate thread .. is the pros vs cons of "staying in the family" with the woods (or hybrids, too, I guess). My opinion is each club is a tool and you should use the best tool for the job at hand.......

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Liking it a lot! Getting more and more comfortable with it as my swing evolves and improves, so am hitting it more often from more lies.

Of course, this particular one is not going to be good for everyone.

Also .. and probably good for a separate thread .. is the pros vs cons of "staying in the family" with the woods (or hybrids, too, I guess). My opinion is each club is a tool and you should use the best tool for the job at hand.......

That could be an interesting debate. I tend to stay in the family so to say because if I have confidence in one club than I usually have the same level of confidence in the other. If that makes sense.

But Taylormade isn't paying me anything so if I found another club that I hit better / felt better it would go in the bag.

I own a 5 wood and a hybrid that's currently set to 18.5 loft. I can hit both pretty well. I keep playing with the idea of switching back to 5 wood but I haven't missed with my hybrid lately.

RBZ 5 wood

Cobra FlyZ Hybrid

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

I've carried a 5 wood for years because it's so easy to hit but I'm re-evaluating my whole bag this year and bought a 3 hybrid to swap it out with.  Carried two drivers last year and left out the three wood because I haven't been hitting it off the deck very well but I worked on it over the winter and it's going back in the bag, hopefully to make a couple of those par 5's reachable :rolleyes:

This thread really got me thinking. I went in to local golf shop today to look at some hybrids and fairway woods. My bag at that time consisted of TM M1 2017 driver which I just got fit for, TM Rescue Mid 2 iron, 3 iron, and 4 iron. The 2 iron had the stock stiff TM shaft, the 3 and 4 have Aldilla NV 85 Stiff shafts. The results were about 225 to 232 with 2 iron hybrid, 205 to 208 with the 3 iron hybrid and 204 to 208 with 4 iron hybrid. Pretty crazy right. Also figured out the shaft was way too heavy for me which led to a shot missed to the right more often than not. Replaced the 2 iron with a Callaway XR16 5 wood with Project X stiff shaft pushed the distance out to  230 to 242 and a M2 hybrid 3 iron with stock stiff shaft Fujikua Pro distance 208 to 218. Really amazing stuff and I couldn't hit the 3 wood consistently at all thats why I went with the 5 wood. Haven't had a fairway wood in the bag for quite some time. This new setup optimized my bag and gave me not only more distance but much tighter dispersion overall. Best of all got both used in great shape around $200 for them together. Bad thing is didn't get a head cover for the 5 wood so I will be looking for one. I also bought the top rated Puma spineless shoes from the most recent most wanted spikeless shoes review on MGS. Wow they are awesome much better than my footboys from last year. I am concerned though that I will have a pretty big gap between my I200 5 iron and the M2 3 hybrid but we will address that at a later date.

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

This thread really got me thinking. I went in to local golf shop today to look at some hybrids and fairway woods. My bag at that time consisted of TM M1 2017 driver which I just got fit for, TM Rescue Mid 2 iron, 3 iron, and 4 iron. The 2 iron had the stock stiff TM shaft, the 3 and 4 have Aldilla NV 85 Stiff shafts. The results were about 225 to 232 with 2 iron hybrid, 205 to 208 with the 3 iron hybrid and 204 to 208 with 4 iron hybrid. Pretty crazy right. Also figured out the shaft was way too heavy for me which led to a shot missed to the right more often than not. Replaced the 2 iron with a Callaway XR16 5 wood with Project X stiff shaft pushed the distance out to 230 to 242 and a M2 hybrid 3 iron with stock stiff shaft Fujikua Pro distance 208 to 218. Really amazing stuff and I couldn't hit the 3 wood consistently at all thats why I went with the 5 wood. Haven't had a fairway wood in the bag for quite some time. This new setup optimized my bag and gave me not only more distance but much tighter dispersion overall. Best of all got both used in great shape around $200 for them together. Bad thing is didn't get a head cover for the 5 wood so I will be looking for one. I also bought the top rated Puma spineless shoes from the most recent most wanted spikeless shoes review on MGS. Wow they are awesome much better than my footboys from last year. I am concerned though that I will have a pretty big gap between my I200 5 iron and the M2 3 hybrid but we will address that at a later date.

Awesome, glad all this info helped you out. I really think all the new hybrid and fairway wood tech that's come out in the past few years can help us amateurs more if we just give it an honest shot.

Awesome, glad all this info helped you out. I really think all the new hybrid and fairway wood tech that's come out in the past few years can help us amateurs more if we just give it an honest shot.

I couldn't agree more I was getting better distance but the forgiveness between 2002 and 2016 is night and day I really love this forum

Bryson DeChambeau

I couldn't agree more I was getting better distance but the forgiveness between 2002 and 2016 is night and day I really love this forum

Yeah I would go out on a limb and say in the near future the 4 iron will be disappearing next. These types of clubs now are just too easy to hit and as you said the forgiveness on miss hits is nuts. It almost feels like cheating some times lol.

Lots of great info, thanks all!!! Guess I need to start doing some research and demos to see what I like. Actually been interested in trying out the Tour Exotics clubs. Got a chance to demo a hybrid and was very impressed, only reason I didn't purchase it was because it was not offered in the loft I wanted.

I have what I fondly call my 6 wood.

It's a 5 wood with a 7 wood 42" inch shaft. It allows me to make more solid contact. I was torn between a 5w and 3 hybrid. At the recommendation of a local fitter, I tried this combo and it was instant success. It's literally my favorite club to hit.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Golfspy Rob that is really interesting. I am thinking that the 3 and 4 hybrids I was using were both the same length maybe because they went roughly the same distance with slightly different trajectories.

Bryson DeChambeau

This thread really got me thinking. I went in to local golf shop today to look at some hybrids and fairway woods. My bag at that time consisted of TM M1 2017 driver which I just got fit for, TM Rescue Mid 2 iron, 3 iron, and 4 iron. The 2 iron had the stock stiff TM shaft, the 3 and 4 have Aldilla NV 85 Stiff shafts. The results were about 225 to 232 with 2 iron hybrid, 205 to 208 with the 3 iron hybrid and 204 to 208 with 4 iron hybrid. Pretty crazy right. Also figured out the shaft was way too heavy for me which led to a shot missed to the right more often than not. Replaced the 2 iron with a Callaway XR16 5 wood with Project X stiff shaft pushed the distance out to  230 to 242 and a M2 hybrid 3 iron with stock stiff shaft Fujikua Pro distance 208 to 218. Really amazing stuff and I couldn't hit the 3 wood consistently at all thats why I went with the 5 wood. Haven't had a fairway wood in the bag for quite some time. This new setup optimized my bag and gave me not only more distance but much tighter dispersion overall. Best of all got both used in great shape around $200 for them together. Bad thing is didn't get a head cover for the 5 wood so I will be looking for one. I also bought the top rated Puma spineless shoes from the most recent most wanted spikeless shoes review on MGS. Wow they are awesome much better than my footboys from last year. I am concerned though that I will have a pretty big gap between my I200 5 iron and the M2 3 hybrid but we will address that at a later date.

The XR16 line is pretty amazing. I don't get along with the driver, but the 3w I bag, and the 5w that I've borrowed from my friend (same shaft) are pretty amazing. The face feels like it's juiced, it's crazy how high and far I can hit my 3W off the deck or a tee.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I love my Epic SZ 18* 5 wood. My only issue with it is I hit it very high. My issue is almost identical to the issue Matt with TXG had in the fairway wood fitting video they did. Very high trajectory and steep attack angle. It's definitely a good fairway finder for me, until any wind whatsoever comes into play. I'd say I use it most for par 4s and 5s with tight fairways, or to go at a par 5 in two. Its typically a 240 to 250 carry with no rollout at all.

I'm pretty sure a shaft change is in order. I have a 75 gram Project X HXRDUS Yellow shaft that is tipped 3/4 of an inch and butt trimmed to play at 41.5 inch that I haven't swung yet that I'm thinking will help.

Driver: :callaway-small:  Rogue 9*, -1" length
FW: :callaway-small:  Epic SZ 13.5*, 18* -.5" length

Utility: :titelist-small:  816 H2 21*
Irons: :callaway-small: Apex CF 16, std. lenght/lie
Wedges: :mizuno-small:  T7 Blue Ion, 52*, 56*, 60*
Putter: :odyssey-small:  #7S
Ball: K-sig (until I run out)

RH golfer from Detroit, MI with a 14 handicap, working towards single digits

Possibly an adjustable 4-5 wood such as the Cobra F6 Baffler

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I hate hybrids, something about my swing and eye does not fit them. I went to a 5 wood 2 years ago and smash the sucker! 230-240 typically. I LOVE IT! Best purchase I have made. Fills the gaps left between my 4 iron and the 3 wood, versatile and easy to hit. Honestly I could go on and on about how much I love it (Adams Tight Lies 2) I think more people should play 5 wood.

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

The XR16 line is pretty amazing. I don't get along with the driver, but the 3w I bag, and the 5w that I've borrowed from my friend (same shaft) are pretty amazing. The face feels like it's juiced, it's crazy how high and far I can hit my 3W off the deck or a tee.

I agree the xr16 line is hot I mean a week ago I was hitting my driver 245 now 5 wood same distance and it was weird my driver speed and 5 wood are about the same

Bryson DeChambeau

Golfspy Rob that is really interesting. I am thinking that the 3 and 4 hybrids I was using were both the same length maybe because they went roughly the same distance with slightly different trajectories.

Yeah to me the perfect combo. I went to him wanting to find a 185 to 190 yard club and said I didn't know if that would be a 5w or 3h.

I hit the 3h first and was getting maybe 175 to 180 max out of it and a bit too much of a fade.

The 5w when I hit it clean was perfect actually 190 to 195 (we were on a trackam hitting ok it doors so it was real life condirimd) but I was hitting every third one a bit far and coming up very short.

He asked for the club back made some changes without telling me what it was. Bingo instant success from the first shot and hasn't stopped yet.

Getting the advantage of loft--here's a plug for the TXG fitting for a higher handicap (Sam) for hybrid video if you haven't seen it yet--really on a shaft that you can control really does pay off.

It's a 5 wood with a 7 wood 42" inch shaft. It allows me to make more solid contact. I was torn between a 5w and 3 hybrid. At the recommendation of a local fitter, I tried this combo and it was instant success. It's literally my favorite club to hit.

What a cool idea!   I've never heard of that type setup however I can see how it would be easy to hit. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Same here. I have four different brands at the top of the bag. Every club needs to fight for its spot. None of them get a guaranteed spot because of a sibling.

At least for another month or so...

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Kinda the opposite of the Heavenwood- Hellwood? Anyways my Dad plays two 7 woods, one with a longer and one with a shorter shaft. He will likely be buried with them.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

What a cool idea! I've never heard of that type setup however I can see how it would be easy to hit.

Yep i gave it a big ole Gomer Pyle....Goooolllly!

Maybe I'm confused, but my 5wood (TM 2017 M1) is 42.25" from the factory.

Mine is fhe Titliest 917 F2. The 18 degree was 42.5 stock and the 21 degeee is 42.

Love my 5 wood. Although I do technically carry 1 club too many,  if I had to take a club out, I'd be AW wedge or 4 iron

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

My 3-woods are as follows: 1. An RBZ2 with stock regular shaft- pretty great off the tee, reasonable off the deck, when (key word) I can time it right- might look at a cheap (stiffer) shaft upgrade, and 2. An XHot 3Deep with PX 6.0- absolute monster off the tee (hence the "animal" headcover), good off the deck. I may be looking to move into an adjustable model, either a 3 I can crank up, or a 5 I can crank down I'm looking for more versatility for some of the courses I play, and something I can easily hit off the deck when needed. Soo far the Cobra's seem to be in the lead, with the rails and all, but time and my 2 hybrid will tell...

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

It's crazy how shaft length and composition can change what you think a club is going to do. My pro let me borrow an 18* TaylorMade M2 with an Atmos Tour Black shaft (41.5”). We were thinking it was going to fill my 3w-4 iron gap but I ended up hitting it lower and longer total distance than my Ping 3 wood. It was a beautiful ball flight for a 3 wood but I was looking for something higher launching. Definitely cemented the fact that I need to look at the shaft in my 3 wood and work on maximizing my distances at that end of the bag a bit. I may shorten the shaft on my 3 wood a bit to free up that swing as well. Gonna choke down on it for awhile and test it out.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

Just curious how many people here use/own a 5 wood?

I was playing with my mother in a charity tournament (she's 63 and can still break 80 regularly) over the weekend and I was complaining about the gap between my 3 wood and 4 hybrid. She suggested I get a 5 wood to fill in that gap when needed. Now I have a 2 hybrid I will swap in for my lob wedge on occasions but her comment got me thinking has the 5 wood gone the way of the dinosaur thanks to hotter lofted irons and hybrid technology? What are y'alls thoughts?

I carry a 5W. It carries about the same for me as my 3H but I only use it from the short grass. I'll break out the 3H instead when in the first cut...which is more often than not unfortunately. I love the sound it makes when I'm on it-it's very satisfying to hear that crisp "TINK" sound it makes. In fact all my fairway woods and hybrid make that sound which I love, but my driver....HATE IT! It's louder than being in those damn aluminum-hulled AMTRACKS we had in the Corps while getting hit by small arms fire...!!! Yes, it's that unsettling... :wacko: 

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

5 wood is one of my most often used clubs. I use it instead of a 3 wood. It's more reliable, goes 215, and can hold a green. I also carry a 5 and 6 hybrid. Gaps then are 170, 185, 215, 240 (driver).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

FWIW: I moved to a 4wood from a 3wd bc of gapping and really like the setup.  the 4wd gives great distance and lands soft.  Easier to hit off the deck than a 3wd.  I used a Titleist 917 F2 and that was a monster club but was just too long and too low of a ball flight when hitting off the deck, so it would just run and run.  Not exactly what the OP was about but I have a 20* hy and the 4wd and they fit into the gapping really well.

:callaway-small:  Epic Flash SZ 9o w/ Ventus 6X

:callaway-small:  Rogue 4wd w/ ATMOS Red 7X

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 20o w/ ATMOS Blue 7S tipped 1"

:mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour 4i - PW (standard lofts) Rifle

:titelist-small:  SM6 51o, 59o, SM7 55o   

:titelist-small:  2019 ProV1x

:tp-mills-1: Custom Ming

Archived