Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Spikeless Shoes?

Close2thepin

I read the reviews of this year spikeless shoes. I've always worn regular plastic spiked golf shoes. Does anyone feel a difference when they play for those that have made the switch? I'm due for new spikes and have strongly considered making the jump if there's an advantage to using these instead.

1. Taylormade Speedblade regular flex irons, STX putter, taylormade rocketballz 3 wood

2. Cobra Amp Cell 11.5 regular flex

3. RH

4. PA

5. 18 handicap, but looking to get to 15 by summers end

1)Taylormade Speedblade regular flex irons

2) Cobra Amp Cell  11.5 regular flex Driver

3)Right Handed

4) PA

5) 18 Handicap (but aiming for 15 by end of summer)

I play with both. With the colder temps here in northeast PA I play with my spikes. I also play with them when it is very wet out. If the course is soft I will play in spikeless mainly because I'm 300 lbs and I do less damage to the greens. I like both but I mainly choose based on weather and the course. My spike are FJ DNA and spikeless are a pair of nike(never wear them on the course just to practice because there is no traction) and Eccco biom(these I love). The biom are comfy and work well on all conditions but I'm not risking it in colder or certain conditions.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I play with both. With the colder temps here in northeast PA I play with my spikes. I also play with them when it is very wet out. If the course is soft I will play in spikeless mainly because I'm 300 lbs and I do less damage to the greens. I like both but I mainly choose based on weather and the course. My spike are FJ DNA and spikeless are a pair of nike(never wear them on the course just to practice because there is no traction) and Eccco biom(these I love). The biom are comfy and work well on all conditions but I'm not risking it in colder or certain conditions.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I second that depending on weather, I will switch from spikes to spikeless and vice a versa.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Ok great! I started looking around and wasn't sure if there really was a benefit to one over the other. I like the idea of having them as an option depending on the weather.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

1)Taylormade Speedblade regular flex irons

2) Cobra Amp Cell  11.5 regular flex Driver

3)Right Handed

4) PA

5) 18 Handicap (but aiming for 15 by end of summer)

I will only wear spikeless shoes, regardless of conditions. I know I am giving up some traction, but I'm much less likely to get blisters in spikeless shoes. I'll occasionally slip when it's wet out. Maybe once every couple of rounds. There's always a trade-off.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I have both spiked and spikeless shoes.  I will always wear spikeless when walking because they are more comfortable.  I will wear spikes when riding in a cart when conditions are wet.  My spikeless shoes wear out quickly, but I wear them a lot so I'm not surprised.  I look for spikeless shoes that appear to have good traction tread, are very comfortable, and are on sale because they don't last long anyway.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Don't notice a difference and whether I'm walking or riding I don't wear shoes that don't feel comfortable. I've kinda started only wearing spikeless because the pro s/l are so comfortable as are the lunar vapor

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I jumped on the spikeless bandwagon and don't intend to get off. I haven't had an issue slipping at all since I changed.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I wear cleated shoes.....as I need the grip they provide when I address and swing.  I do have a pair of ecco spikeless(aka Fred Couples) but I only wear them if I play in the afternoon when it is not wet.  I have slipped coming off the green and tee with them when the ground is damp.  With the issues I have with the ligaments in my left ankle, I take the high road and wear cleats.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Spiked - Nike Lunar Command 2 for out on the course. Those suckers are really comfortable, yet stable and with the spikes, lots of traction. 

Spikeless - short practice sessions after work. The only spikeless pair that gave me any sort of traction out on the course was the Adidas Adicross Gripmore. They weren't the most comfortable but definitely held me down to the ground on hard swings. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

I wear spikes but will be buying a pair of spineless for when I'm walking the course. I have about a 400 yd walk on an asphalt road to the course. Figure the roadway would destroy the spikes in no time plus the spikeless would be more comfortable on the roadway.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I play with both, and will choose depending on the course and conditions. I don't notice much difference when wearing them as far as feel, but wearing spike less on a soggy course I've definitely noticed a bit less traction.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I have recently made the switch to spikeless as well. Traction is something that is very important to me, so I was a bit apprehensive at first, but I also really enjoy walking and simply needed something more comfortable than the shoes I had. I feel that I have found the best of both worlds in the True Linkswear Original. The shoes are built for walking comfort and the design of the outsole makes for good traction. Additionally, the thin outsole keeps you closer to the ground, which also helps in the traction department. Overall, these are great shoes and I am glad to have made the switch.

If anyone is interested, the code TRUEDEAL15 will give you 15% off your order.

I just started wearing spikeless golf shoes this season, and to be honest I haven't noticed a huge difference. I have slipped once or twice (not sure the shoes fault though), but for me the comfort of the spikeless (walking 18) is worth it. I got some of the sketchers ones and they are real comfy.

Driver- Titleist 913 D2

3 Wood- RBZ Stage 2

Hybrid- Cobra Bio Cell

Irons- Wilson Staff Tour V6

Wedges- Titleist Vokey 54/58

Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1

I just started wearing spikeless golf shoes this season, and to be honest I haven't noticed a huge difference. I have slipped once or twice (not sure the shoes fault though), but for me the comfort of the spikeless (walking 18) is worth it. I got some of the sketchers ones and they are real comfy.

Not trying to hijack this thread but I like your profile pic. To bad they're not very good. Doesn't stop me either.

Blake

CobraConnectChallenge3

Archived