Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Lefty Thread

tony@CIC

So your name is SouthPaw51, but you don't Golf LH. Access denied.

Lol totally play golf left handed, and batted in baseball from the left side. I'm mostly blind in my right eye from taking a baseball to the right temple. Which is also ironically the reason I started playing golf. I thought I was the only one for a very very long time.

So, are there specific Manufacturers that some of you like to go with specifically because they provide a decent amount of equipment for the Lefty? I have found that Cally, Mizuno and Cobra Golf do a pretty good job of making LH equipment available, so I try to look in that direction first, because the more they sell, the better chance we have for it to continue. Anyone else have their favorite OEM

Cleveland golf always tends to have lefty equipment as does titleist and ping. Srixon has some of their stuff in lh versions.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I had better get in on this thread! I'm really surprised how many lefties we have here on MGS.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Anyone on here ever tried playing a round right handed? How'd it go? I actually bought some righty clubs because I wanted to be a "switch swinger." Probably doesn't need to be stated, but I wasn't very good...

A long time ago, when I went to the driving range for shits and giggles, I used to hit right handed. I was young and not into golf at all. The only thing that interested me was smashing the ball with a driver and watching it fly.

Thinking of this reminds me that the driving range wasn't a driving range, but instead like a huge open field with a few yardage markers, and grass that was never mowed. Here's the kicker, you had to bring your own balls and go fetch them when you wanted to hit more.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Anyone on here ever tried playing a round right handed? How'd it go? I actually bought some righty clubs because I wanted to be a "switch swinger." Probably doesn't need to be stated, but I wasn't very good...

I actually swung the clubs equally well both ways when I started. Choose to play lefty since I did everything else lefty. Might be an experiment we'll have to try down the road 😁

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

My brother's a lefty and I've tried to hit his clubs with not much success. That being said, using his putter and going right hand low I wasn't much worse than my normal righty stroke.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

I have a buddy who used to be really good right handed. About scratch and he had shot a 65. He switched to playing left handed because it was more comfortable and he has gotten to the point where he can shoot in the 70s. I wish I could switch around like that!

So, are there specific Manufacturers that some of you like to go with specifically because they provide a decent amount of equipment for the Lefty? I have found that Cally, Mizuno and Cobra Golf do a pretty good job of making LH equipment available, so I try to look in that direction first, because the more they sell, the better chance we have for it to continue. Anyone else have their favorite OEM

Even though their products are overrated in my mind, Titleist does a great job keeping the lefties happy with equipment selection, including the vokey wedges. Taylormade makes most of their stuff in left hand. Maybe not 'tour' models but just about everything else. 

Callaway doesn't make all their grinds available to lefties, same with Cleveland. That irks me a lot. We'll give righties 30 different loft and grind options for wedges, but lefties get 5 lofts...all with the basic grind. 

I like Wilson's resurgence over the past two years, but one loft option in their driver, basic 52/56/60 lofts in their wedges and constantly back-ordered lefty inventory leave a sour taste in my mouth. 

Looking back 20+ years, Phil has been the only lefty to put his name on clubs. I gamed the Yonex PM 8802 style putter with the graphite shaft. I could 3 putt with that thing all day...and had the feel of graphite while doing it. Only recently has Bubba had an effect on manufacturers...even if it's just a different paint job. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

If I do everything right handed except swing clubs, bats and sticks, do I still get to join the left handed thread? :huh:

im the same way. I was a baseball player growing up and my dad made me a lefty since most of the pitching is right handed. Makes it much easier to hit the curve.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Supposedly the Left Handers represent 10% of the population. If MGS has over 60,000 subscribers  - where are the rest of the LH? We could use your input. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Anyone on here ever tried playing a round right handed? How'd it go? I actually bought some righty clubs because I wanted to be a "switch swinger." Probably doesn't need to be stated, but I wasnmy parents and didn't hove 't very good...

I played 9 holes a long time ago right handed. I was with my parents and didn't have my clubs, so I played out of my Dad's bag. He happens to be my opposite, a lefty who plays right handed.  My recollection is that I hit them pretty well but I was probably 15 or 16 and more athletic.  I'll occasionally  end up with a righty club in my bag for an emergency "can't get a swing lefty club." 

My righty son just grabbed one of my spare lefty putters. He's feeling pretty good with it.  

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

I actually learned how to play golf right handed, it was all we had at the house growing up, I was the only lefty out of 6. I can turn my 8 iron over toe down and hit it 135 yards.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I actually learned how to play golf right handed, it was all we had at the house growing up, I was the only lefty out of 6. I can turn my 8 iron over toe down and hit it 135 yards.

Nice!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

My Bag:

Put my name in the left handed rooster.   I am confined to using my left hand for just about everything.  My right hand is there just to sometimes support my left hand when needed.  Although, I have found sometimes that by the time left handed golf equipment is available, new right hand equipment is out making available left handed equipment cheaper.  

Many of us - especially those that are older and went to catholic school are ambidextrous. I'll let you figure out what that means.  :lol:

Sounds like one of them dinosaurs to me!  :blink:

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Rulers are not your friend. I just kept on writing lefty.

MDGolfHacker

Yup Sister Mary of Perpetual Pain was always using the ruler on me - I was incorrigible. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Calling all Lefties - how about a thread that's dedicated to us. Some thoughts: sources for video Instruction where we don't have to translate it from right hand to left hand. Perhaps best vendors for right hand gloves or clubs?

For starters here's a link on instruction: http://golf-info-guide.com/golf-tips/left-handed-golf-video-tips/

Yea!! Thanks for getting this going! Hope it takes off!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

When you boys go pee do you hold it with ya left hand? :D I tried for kicks and peed all over myself. :unsure:

Not sure, gonna have to wait on that answer

Rick

Left Hand, 

If I do everything right handed except swing clubs, bats and sticks, do I still get to join the left handed thread? :huh:

Yes

Rick

Left Hand, 

WHAT UP MY FELLOW LEFTIES?! 

Love that we have our own thread. I too was encouraged to switch to righty when I took my first lesson some time in middle school, but my grandfather who got me into the game quickly snapped back at the instructor that I was lefty and there was no reason to force me to do otherwise. I'm glad he did, I enjoy the slightly unique twist it provides to the game both playing and following the pros. 

Cobra does ok, but I have a small beef with them right now. I've been trying to find a still shaft 5-6 wood for over 5 months and I can't find a single one in the entire country. I've gone as far as reaching out to various people at corporate to see if they can just send me a head but have had zero luck. They also didn't sent out any demo or sample clubs of the new forge tech blacks to any retailers, so right now I'm a bit down on them. 

One major thing I've noticed is that I see very few lefties who are hardcore brand loyal. We have a large % of lefties in the Detroit area for whatever reason and rarely do I see any sporting just one or two brands in their bag. 

And if you sign up to receive the Pre-Owned Taylormade website promos, they'll do flash sales for lefty equipment on top of the standard 35% off. I snagged a couple 'like new' M2 drivers for under $100/each and then flipped them on another site with a 75% markup. 

Good tip. I wished they stocked more lefty irons sets but they seem to barely ever have anything listed. 

Lefty in the Mitten State currently carrying: TM '17 M2 9.5  w/ Fujikura Pro XLR8 Â· Exotics EX10 15° w/ GD Tour AD Stiff ·  :cobra-small: F7 HY @ 20° ·   :cobra-small:   Forged Tec Black 5i-AW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 ·  :callaway-small:  MD2 56°+ 60° ·  :nike-small:  Method B2-01 · Kirkland Signature · Clicgear 2.0 · Course photo albums: Boyne Highlands + Bay Harbor (Michigan) | Wailea Gold & Emerald (Maui) | Forest Dunes (Michigan)

Went to Red Saux Nation meeting tonight and guest speaker Terry O'Reilly another lefty

Rick

Left Hand, 

Went to Red Saux Nation meeting tonight and guest speaker Terry O'Reilly another lefty

And his Bruins took it to Toronto tonight, but that's another thread........

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

My Bag:

In one of early videos that Ian and Matt (TXG) did. They had Matt who is a left handed scratch golfer hit right handed to see if Ian could fit his 15 handicap RH swing. His RH swing looks a lot better than my RH swing. Ha

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

It amazes me when I get paired up with a group at a course get up to the first tee box and there is always that one guy who says “o you're swinging from the wrong side”, I don't get upset but I think to myself does he see me as a unicorn do people not often play with lefties