tony@CIC

Lefty Thread

I haven't a good friend that throws baseballs with his left hand but footballs with his right. He does most other things right handed but writes lefty. He doesn't golf so he plays equally bad from both sides when I make him come with me

A while back I had elbow surgery with a year recovery and had to learn to play ping pong, darts, pool, bowling etc left handed. Got pretty decent at all and in some cases better than righty....my siblings hated it. Can I be an honorary member of the lefty club?

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Sure. We're an equal opportunity thread😁

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

I have a good friend that throws baseballs with his left hand but footballs with his right. He does most other things right handed but writes lefty. He doesn't golf so he plays equally bad from both sides when I make him come with me

A while back I had elbow surgery with a year recovery and had to learn to play ping pong, darts, pool, bowling etc left handed. Got pretty decent at all and in some cases better than righty....my siblings hated it. Can I be an honorary member of the lefty club?

Your friend sounds confused haha :lol:
  • Like 1

I like this. There used to just a few of here, now it seems like we have about 20. This is a great idea.

• Like 1

When you boys go pee do you hold it with ya left hand? :D I tried for kicks and peed all over myself. :unsure:

When you live in a RH world, you learn to use both hands. That way if you are in a predicament where you only have your Rh to assist, you don't pee on yourself. Also, never Pee into the wind.

• Like 3

Just saw this on Instagram. Something for you lefties 50% off any MLA putter.

Advertise for LH but use a photo of RH. That doesn't give me much confidence

• Like 2

If I do everything right handed except swing clubs, bats and sticks, do I still get to join the left handed thread? :huh:

Let's consult the board or trustees.

They say OK, but there is a fee.

• Like 2

Oh poop! I'm the same way

So your name is SouthPaw51, but you don't Golf LH. Access denied.😁

• Like 2

I have a good friend that throws baseballs with his left hand but footballs with his right. He does most other things right handed but writes lefty. He doesn't golf so he plays equally bad from both sides when I make him come with me

I think there is a monthly fee for righties to join the Lefty thread, let me IM my address to you, you can pay directly to me, I'll make sure that it gets to the appropriate people.

• Like 2

So, are there specific Manufacturers that some of you like to go with specifically because they provide a decent amount of equipment for the Lefty? I have found that Cally, Mizuno and Cobra Golf do a pretty good job of making LH equipment available, so I try to look in that direction first, because the more they sell, the better chance we have for it to continue. Anyone else have their favorite OEM

• Like 2

When you live in a RH world, you learn to use both hands. That way if you are in a predicament where you only have your Rh to assist, you don't pee on yourself. Also, never Pee into the wind.

Or straight down... Lol

MDGolfHacker

So your name is SouthPaw51, but you don't Golf LH. Access denied.

Lol totally play golf left handed, and batted in baseball from the left side. I'm mostly blind in my right eye from taking a baseball to the right temple. Which is also ironically the reason I started playing golf. I thought I was the only one for a very very long time.
  • Like 2

So, are there specific Manufacturers that some of you like to go with specifically because they provide a decent amount of equipment for the Lefty? I have found that Cally, Mizuno and Cobra Golf do a pretty good job of making LH equipment available, so I try to look in that direction first, because the more they sell, the better chance we have for it to continue. Anyone else have their favorite OEM

Cleveland golf always tends to have lefty equipment as does titleist and ping. Srixon has some of their stuff in lh versions.

MDGolfHacker

• Like 3

I had better get in on this thread! I'm really surprised how many lefties we have here on MGS.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Anyone on here ever tried playing a round right handed? How'd it go? I actually bought some righty clubs because I wanted to be a "switch swinger." Probably doesn't need to be stated, but I wasn't very good...

• Like 3

A long time ago, when I went to the driving range for shits and giggles, I used to hit right handed. I was young and not into golf at all. The only thing that interested me was smashing the ball with a driver and watching it fly.

Thinking of this reminds me that the driving range wasn't a driving range, but instead like a huge open field with a few yardage markers, and grass that was never mowed. Here's the kicker, you had to bring your own balls and go fetch them when you wanted to hit more.

• Like 3

Anyone on here ever tried playing a round right handed? How'd it go? I actually bought some righty clubs because I wanted to be a "switch swinger." Probably doesn't need to be stated, but I wasn't very good...

I actually swung the clubs equally well both ways when I started. Choose to play lefty since I did everything else lefty. Might be an experiment we'll have to try down the road 😁

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

My brother's a lefty and I've tried to hit his clubs with not much success. That being said, using his putter and going right hand low I wasn't much worse than my normal righty stroke.

• Like 2

I have a buddy who used to be really good right handed. About scratch and he had shot a 65. He switched to playing left handed because it was more comfortable and he has gotten to the point where he can shoot in the 70s. I wish I could switch around like that!

• Like 2

Even though their products are overrated in my mind, Titleist does a great job keeping the lefties happy with equipment selection, including the vokey wedges. Taylormade makes most of their stuff in left hand. Maybe not 'tour' models but just about everything else. 

Callaway doesn't make all their grinds available to lefties, same with Cleveland. That irks me a lot. We'll give righties 30 different loft and grind options for wedges, but lefties get 5 lofts...all with the basic grind. 

I like Wilson's resurgence over the past two years, but one loft option in their driver, basic 52/56/60 lofts in their wedges and constantly back-ordered lefty inventory leave a sour taste in my mouth. 

Looking back 20+ years, Phil has been the only lefty to put his name on clubs. I gamed the Yonex PM 8802 style putter with the graphite shaft. I could 3 putt with that thing all day...and had the feel of graphite while doing it. Only recently has Bubba had an effect on manufacturers...even if it's just a different paint job. 

• Like 3