tony@CIC

Lefty Thread

The 3 wood came in the mail today. My bag is set for the year I hope. Also my dog taking a quick peek as well. Hopefully he gives it his paw of approval.
IMG_0332.thumb.JPG.a8ae7f3e8dbf1ea4a346054ddfa50785.JPGIMG_0330.thumb.JPG.3646e27e475b0afeaca0a117ea176ca3.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
Nice set up! I really want to try that driver.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Nice set up! I really want to try that driver.

Thanks! It replaced an M2 and the difference I’m having in accuracy between the two is just amazing. Some of it comes down to shaft but very good driver. Will be interesting to see the most wanted come out with all the great drivers this year.
Let us know how it feels if you end up trying it out.

• Like 2

Thought I'd share my lefty sticks! With latest $35 dollar clearance 3 iron find! That P 790 is going to be a game changer for me off the tee on short par 4's!20190103_131516.thumb.jpeg.24c1aba81e7d44a45ead43280338a631.jpeg20190103_131504.thumb.jpeg.84467171b7f6e0d599c5645eadf4f5aa.jpeg20190103_131435.thumb.jpeg.6c1a505888ab33ce174c905de483b9c1.jpeg20190129_152330.thumb.jpeg.0366007b41e8f64355df1e53c68d786e.jpeg

Nice looking setup! Looking forward to hearing how that nice shiny driver works for you on the course.

• Like 2

Ok lefties. If you like cobra woods and hybrids. Specifically the amp cell line. You should go to Diamond Tour golf. They have drivers, Woods and hybrids for cheap. Go to the components section and check it out. Hybrid heads for 10, the amp cell Blue driver head only for 25, crazy. They also have multiple different types of adapters for any manufacturer for 15. They also have sales on grips, and ferrules if you need some of those. 

• Like 2

On 2/16/2019 at 10:01 PM, palvord said:

Nice looking setup! Looking forward to hearing how that nice shiny driver works for you on the course.

I didnt realize the GAPR came as a 2-iron and in lefty! This just made my day!!

• Like 1

Im in the market for a new driver and its hard to bea tthe prices on TaylormadePreowned site as well as Callaway Preowned site. These days its 25% + whatever club is getting a discount too. Could get as much as 55% off at time. Keeping an eye out for the M5 or M6 to hit the site. Not sure if I am sold on the Epic Flash for my swing. Great club though. Heard the 3wood is legit.

50 minutes ago, JonMUSC08 said:

Im in the market for a new driver and its hard to bea tthe prices on TaylormadePreowned site as well as Callaway Preowned site. These days its 25% + whatever club is getting a discount too. Could get as much as 55% off at time. Keeping an eye out for the M5 or M6 to hit the site. Not sure if I am sold on the Epic Flash for my swing. Great club though. Heard the 3wood is legit.

Have you hit the M5 and M6?  I'm not a low spin player, but found I'd get 1 out of 8 knuckle balls with the M5 at around 1400 spin.  Just something to keep in mind.

For those in the market for a putter and close to the Metro-Detroit area, Carl’s Golfland in Bloomfield Hills had an excellent selection this afternoon, including a few Evnrolls. It was fun to dream of having one of those in the bag this year while messing around on the practice green.

For those in the market for a putter and close to the Metro-Detroit area, Carl’s Golfland in Bloomfield Hills had an excellent selection this afternoon, including a few Evnrolls. It was fun to dream of having one of those in the bag this year while messing around on the practice green.

I've stopped the putter ho train at the Evnroll stop for some time now. I don't see myself changing out anytime soon. I averaged about 8-10 putters a year for 7 years but after the purchase of the ER5, verification by my recent SAM fitting, and results on the course, it's going to be tough to swap this out. If the price scares you, there's plenty on second hand sites. The gravity grip is phenomenal as well.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2019 at 12:47 PM, juspoole said:

Have you hit the M5 and M6?  I'm not a low spin player, but found I'd get 1 out of 8 knuckle balls with the M5 at around 1400 spin.  Just something to keep in mind.

Yea i have tried the M5 and M6. Hard to tell which worked better for me since im not THAT consistent. Hit them both very well around the 2400-2600rpm or correctly struck shots. My distance seemed worthy up an upgrade too.

• Like 1

Well, I think I might have found my new driver. My typical miss with driver is a pull hook, or sometimes just a hook, hook. Either way the ball goes right, far right. I also have a miss where I can feel in the down swing that I am going to pull hook it, so instead of turning my hands over I just let it go and hang it out to the left, sort of a high and left shot. So I have been searching and ended up at a site where I will by grips and maybe a shaft or 2, Diamond Tour Golf. As I was looking I saw that they had the cobra amp cell hybrids that I currently use and Love. He’sd only for 9.99, so I had to pick one of those up as a backup, no brainer there, while there I checked to see what other clearance sales they had and found a Cobra Bio Cell Blue for 24.99 head only. New in wrapper. I have a shaft I really like it’s the bimatrix blue shaft (same shaft as Bubba Watson, only it’s blue instead of pink.) X-flex 80 gram so quite heavy. I thought for 25 bucks it can’t hurt to try. I built it up and took it out on Saturday, I used it on 3, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12, 14, 17, 18. I missed 2 fairways with it by a total of about 6 yards. My first swing with this club was on the tee at #3. So I have only hit it 9 times ever. It was only about 10-15 yards shorter, but the right miss was eliminated and I felt like I could really swing it. One thing I did have issue with was gettig the ball flight I want. It was lower than I like, but I think I can fix that with the loft setting, I had it set to 9.5, but with the heavier low launch shaft with X-stiff flex I need to bring the loft up to 10.5 or maybe 11.5 to get a bit more spin on the ball and get it to launch higher to carry further. I am just really excited that I seem to be able to keep the ball between the lines with this one. It just shows you don’t have to spend crazy dollars to find good equipment, you just have to look around for a deal. You never know, 25 bucks could change the game for you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kor.A.Door said:

I need to bring the loft up to 10.5 or maybe 11.5 to get a bit more spin on the ball and get it to launch higher to carry further

Do you find that raising the loft like that will pull it back to the right a bit?

14 hours ago, Kor.A.Door said:

Well, I think I might have found my new driver. My typical miss with driver is a pull hook, or sometimes just a hook, hook. Either way the ball goes right, far right. I also have a miss where I can feel in the down swing that I am going to pull hook it, so instead of turning my hands over I just let it go and hang it out to the left, sort of a high and left shot. So I have been searching and ended up at a site where I will by grips and maybe a shaft or 2, Diamond Tour Golf. As I was looking I saw that they had the cobra amp cell hybrids that I currently use and Love. He’sd only for 9.99, so I had to pick one of those up as a backup, no brainer there, while there I checked to see what other clearance sales they had and found a Cobra Bio Cell Blue for 24.99 head only. New in wrapper. I have a shaft I really like it’s the bimatrix blue shaft (same shaft as Bubba Watson, only it’s blue instead of pink.) X-flex 80 gram so quite heavy. I thought for 25 bucks it can’t hurt to try. I built it up and took it out on Saturday, I used it on 3, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12, 14, 17, 18. I missed 2 fairways with it by a total of about 6 yards. My first swing with this club was on the tee at #3. So I have only hit it 9 times ever. It was only about 10-15 yards shorter, but the right miss was eliminated and I felt like I could really swing it. One thing I did have issue with was gettig the ball flight I want. It was lower than I like, but I think I can fix that with the loft setting, I had it set to 9.5, but with the heavier low launch shaft with X-stiff flex I need to bring the loft up to 10.5 or maybe 11.5 to get a bit more spin on the ball and get it to launch higher to carry further. I am just really excited that I seem to be able to keep the ball between the lines with this one. It just shows you don’t have to spend crazy dollars to find good equipment, you just have to look around for a deal. You never know, 25 bucks could change the game for you. 

Yes that Bi-Matrix shaft will do the trick on eliminating the right side of the fairway at the cost of a few yards. That shaft is a freaking beast. I played it in my Ping I-20 and I never missed it right...just short baby fades all day. Super stable setup but yes, you might want to bump the loft because that shaft is super low spin with the steel tip. 

Always good to see someone build a fairway finder on a budget. Keep us posted on how it works for you going forward. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, txgolfjunkie said:

Yes that Bi-Matrix shaft will do the trick on eliminating the right side of the fairway at the cost of a few yards. That shaft is a freaking beast. I played it in my Ping I-20 and I never missed it right...just short baby fades all day. Super stable setup but yes, you might want to bump the loft because that shaft is super low spin with the steel tip. 

Always good to see someone build a fairway finder on a budget. Keep us posted on how it works for you going forward. 

Thanks. It seemed to really work well, I used to be able to really handle that shaft, but at 47 with a bad back it is a little beyond my capabilities to really take full advantage, but a few less yards and in the fairway still beats the fear of the unknown. The plan is to add a degree of loft and pay attention to the ball flight, I am pretty good at knowing the ball flight I want so it should be easy to see.  Hopefully this will work for good long time and I can stop searching.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kor.A.Door said:

You never know, 25 bucks could change the game for you. 

Glad to hear the Bio Cell project is working!  Time to get back up for a game!

On 3/11/2019 at 11:09 AM, JohnSmalls said:

Glad to hear the Bio Cell project is working!  Time to get back up for a game!

Yes we do. We should try sometime in April or May. 

On 3/10/2019 at 8:02 PM, Kor.A.Door said:

I have the Stiff Bi-Matrix shaft in my TM R1 driver and really enjoyed it for the most part. It was tough to get the feel down at first bc it was a bit stiffer and such low trajectory but i adjusted. At the time, the driver shafts i had been using had WAY too much torque and i could feel the heads twisting. This definitely eliminated that.

I'm getting fit for a new driver tmrw by a Top 100 fitter so we'll see how he can optimize my game with the right equipment. Excited to see!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

Looks like Titleist is showing some lefty love with their latest and greatest "exclusive sell your house for our new clubs" model.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TITLEIST-CNCPT-01-IRON-SET-REGULAR-FLEX-TENSEI-GRAPHITE-4-PW-48-SW-0732709-LEFTY/372601028293?hash=item56c0c07ec5:g:q1gAAOSwRYNcZkjb

Yes but just think you will save $245.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, tony@CIC said:

Yes but just think you will save $245.

So what you're saying is, I can sell the house, buy the clubs, afford to go play golf and  buy dinner, all because I'm a lefty?  Titleist coming through with the deal of the century!

• Like 3