tony@CIC

Lefty Thread

So I tried adding loft to the driver, and I’m not sure what happened but everything went hard right. My guess is that by adding loft to the club, the setting closes the face. I set the loft back down to 9° and played tonight, and the ball flight low but straight, so I guess I will leave it and play the wind cheater. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Kor.A.Door said:

play the wind cheater

That should be perfect with the last few days we have had! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/19/2018 at 7:57 AM, tony@CIC said:

Calling all Lefties - how about a thread that's dedicated to us. Some thoughts: sources for video Instruction where we don't have to translate it from right hand to left hand. Perhaps best vendors for right hand gloves or clubs? 

For starters here's a link on instruction: http://golf-info-guide.com/golf-tips/left-handed-golf-video-tips/

After my struggles yesterday on the range, I needed this reminder.  I am probably diving into these tips headfirst tonight.  Thank you for finding this @tony@CIC

• Like 3

Any Lefty that is also a Taylormade fan will be disappointed to see that the Taylormade Pre-owned website has now been combined with Global Golf website... This means no more extra discounts for lefties! No Bueno. Looks like my brand loyalty is out the door boys (and ladies). Im a free agent to the marketplace!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, JonMUSC08 said:

Any Lefty that is also a Taylormade fan will be disappointed to see that the Taylormade Pre-owned website has now been combined with Global Golf website... This means no more extra discounts for lefties! No Bueno. Looks like my brand loyalty is out the door boys (and ladies). Im a free agent to the marketplace!

Welcome to the free world.

• Like 4

IMG_4054.JPG

I ventured down to the DSG near my office yesterday in search for some shoes, but the putter hoe in me needed to browse the putter section to finally get my hands on a Tommy Armour mallet. Keep in mind this is a small market DSG so golf is not a priority here. So imagine my surprise that they actually had a lefty mode in stock. But wait there’s more!

They had not one, not two, not even three but 15 lefty TA Impact 3 mallets in stock, a couple of Odysseys and a top flite blade.

Onto the good stuff:

I rolled the TA3 and a red Odyssey O Works #7s side by side for a 15 or so putts a piece . The practice green was tiny, getting maybe a 10 ft putt downhill with a touch of break in it.

Between the two, they both put a great roll on the pink super soft that I was given. The TA3 had slightly softer insert between the two. The TA3 looked very open to me at address, and I had to adjust my stroke a touch to get putts on line. Once that adjustment was made, I could put the ball where I wanted to and had no problem holing putts. The finish on it looks very budget, but that is a minor gripe. For the price, it is a great putter and absolutely worth consideration.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

IMG_4054.JPG

I ventured down to the DSG near my office yesterday in search for some shoes, but the putter hoe in me needed to browse the putter section to finally get my hands on a Tommy Armour mallet. Keep in mind this is a small market DSG so golf is not a priority here. So imagine my surprise that they actually had a lefty mode in stock. But wait there’s more!

They had not one, not two, not even three but 15 lefty TA Impact 3 mallets in stock, a couple of Odysseys and a top flite blade.

Onto the good stuff:

I rolled the TA3 and a red Odyssey O Works #7s side by side for a 15 or so putts a piece . The practice green was tiny, getting maybe a 10 ft putt downhill with a touch of break in it.

Between the two, they both put a great roll on the pink super soft that I was given. The TA3 had slightly softer insert between the two. The TA3 looked very open to me at address, and I had to adjust my stroke a touch to get putts on line. Once that adjustment was made, I could put the ball where I wanted to and had no problem holing putts. The finish on it looks very budget, but that is a minor gripe. For the price, it is a great putter and absolutely worth consideration.

They must have sent them to your store by mistake. That's the whole lefty inventory for the US! 

FYI nice golf shoes 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'll get some pictures next time I'm in the store, but we had a local guy from Truro Nova Scotia come in and promote some of his custom putters. I was delighted to see he also makes a lefty model. Really nice feel and solid product overall. Here is a link if anyone wants to check them out. May see if I can take one out to the course and give it a go!

https://www.sgcputters.com/flatsticks-c1v54

Nice seeing some Canadian made product!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

IMG_4054.JPG

Onto the good stuff:

At my local Golf Galaxy, there are quite a few of the TA3 mallets.  Man it is really nice rolling putts with that thing.

It's tempting to add to the bag as the Cobra Connect challenge is approaching.

• Like 3

On 4/11/2019 at 5:14 PM, tony@CIC said:

They must have sent them to your store by mistake. That's the whole lefty inventory for the US! 

FYI nice golf shoes 😂

Hahaha thanks Tony.  I was wondering who was going to pick up on the shoes 😂

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, txgolfjunkie said:

Has anyone found a lefty armlock putter in the wild? 

Never have.  BUT my Nike Method Origin counterflex is almost an armlock.  Have considered turning it into one.

On 4/24/2019 at 2:08 PM, txgolfjunkie said:

Has anyone found a lefty armlock putter in the wild? 

You just have to keep an eye on eBay, check out Lefty/buy/sell/trade on Facebook. I’ve seen some there before. They are difficult to find. Bettinardi makes some. If you know a good club builder, he may be able to make something for you. 

• Like 1

I finally found a driving range that I like. FYI they had three bays like this! 

IMG_5936.JPG

• Like 1
  • Love 5

22 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

IMG_5936.JPG

This is an awesome sight!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

IMG_5936.JPG

So beautiful, it almost brings a tear to the eye.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

IMG_5936.JPG

Seems pointless.  Why are the mats different for RH or LH?  Our local driving range has mats that don't require moving.

13 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Seems pointless.  Why are the mats different for RH or LH?  Our local driving range has mats that don't require moving.

more than likely due to the bay size which cant accommodate left and right.

27 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

At the other driving range I have to move the mats to the left to avoid hitting the bay supports plus lifting the mat to place the rubber tee. 

It's just nice to know that there are places that will cater to LH players 

• Like 1