tony@CIC

Lefty Thread

If I do everything right handed except swing clubs, bats and sticks, do I still get to join the left handed thread? :huh:

im the same way. I was a baseball player growing up and my dad made me a lefty since most of the pitching is right handed. Makes it much easier to hit the curve.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Supposedly the Left Handers represent 10% of the population. If MGS has over 60,000 subscribers  - where are the rest of the LH? We could use your input. 

• Like 1

Anyone on here ever tried playing a round right handed? How'd it go? I actually bought some righty clubs because I wanted to be a "switch swinger." Probably doesn't need to be stated, but I wasnmy parents and didn't hove 't very good...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I played 9 holes a long time ago right handed. I was with my parents and didn't have my clubs, so I played out of my Dad's bag. He happens to be my opposite, a lefty who plays right handed.  My recollection is that I hit them pretty well but I was probably 15 or 16 and more athletic.  I'll occasionally  end up with a righty club in my bag for an emergency "can't get a swing lefty club." 

My righty son just grabbed one of my spare lefty putters. He's feeling pretty good with it.  

• Like 2

Anyone on here ever tried playing a round right handed? How'd it go? I actually bought some righty clubs because I wanted to be a "switch swinger." Probably doesn't need to be stated, but I wasn't very good...

I actually learned how to play golf right handed, it was all we had at the house growing up, I was the only lefty out of 6. I can turn my 8 iron over toe down and hit it 135 yards.

• Like 2

I actually learned how to play golf right handed, it was all we had at the house growing up, I was the only lefty out of 6. I can turn my 8 iron over toe down and hit it 135 yards.

Nice!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Put my name in the left handed rooster.   I am confined to using my left hand for just about everything.  My right hand is there just to sometimes support my left hand when needed.  Although, I have found sometimes that by the time left handed golf equipment is available, new right hand equipment is out making available left handed equipment cheaper.  

• Like 2

Many of us - especially those that are older and went to catholic school are ambidextrous. I'll let you figure out what that means.  :lol:

Sounds like one of them dinosaurs to me!  :blink:

• Like 2

Rulers are not your friend. I just kept on writing lefty.

MDGolfHacker

Yup Sister Mary of Perpetual Pain was always using the ruler on me - I was incorrigible. 

• Like 1

Sounds like one of them dinosaurs to me!  :blink:

Sometimes it takes both hands to do certain things to assure control so to speak.   You know, when ya gotta pee like a 10 pecker dinosaur.

• Like 1

Calling all Lefties - how about a thread that's dedicated to us. Some thoughts: sources for video Instruction where we don't have to translate it from right hand to left hand. Perhaps best vendors for right hand gloves or clubs?

For starters here's a link on instruction: http://golf-info-guide.com/golf-tips/left-handed-golf-video-tips/

Yea!! Thanks for getting this going! Hope it takes off!

When you boys go pee do you hold it with ya left hand? :D I tried for kicks and peed all over myself. :unsure:

Not sure, gonna have to wait on that answer

• Like 1

If I do everything right handed except swing clubs, bats and sticks, do I still get to join the left handed thread? :huh:

Yes

• Like 1

WHAT UP MY FELLOW LEFTIES?! 

Love that we have our own thread. I too was encouraged to switch to righty when I took my first lesson some time in middle school, but my grandfather who got me into the game quickly snapped back at the instructor that I was lefty and there was no reason to force me to do otherwise. I'm glad he did, I enjoy the slightly unique twist it provides to the game both playing and following the pros. 

So, are there specific Manufacturers that some of you like to go with specifically because they provide a decent amount of equipment for the Lefty? I have found that Cally, Mizuno and Cobra Golf do a pretty good job of making LH equipment available, so I try to look in that direction first, because the more they sell, the better chance we have for it to continue. Anyone else have their favorite OEM

Cobra does ok, but I have a small beef with them right now. I've been trying to find a still shaft 5-6 wood for over 5 months and I can't find a single one in the entire country. I've gone as far as reaching out to various people at corporate to see if they can just send me a head but have had zero luck. They also didn't sent out any demo or sample clubs of the new forge tech blacks to any retailers, so right now I'm a bit down on them. 

One major thing I've noticed is that I see very few lefties who are hardcore brand loyal. We have a large % of lefties in the Detroit area for whatever reason and rarely do I see any sporting just one or two brands in their bag. 

And if you sign up to receive the Pre-Owned Taylormade website promos, they'll do flash sales for lefty equipment on top of the standard 35% off. I snagged a couple 'like new' M2 drivers for under $100/each and then flipped them on another site with a 75% markup. 

Good tip. I wished they stocked more lefty irons sets but they seem to barely ever have anything listed. 

• Like 1

Went to Red Saux Nation meeting tonight and guest speaker Terry O'Reilly another lefty

• Like 2

Went to Red Saux Nation meeting tonight and guest speaker Terry O'Reilly another lefty

And his Bruins took it to Toronto tonight, but that's another thread........

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was going to go mizuno until I found out they don't favor lefties, so I went titleist for irons at least

• Like 1

Anyone on here ever tried playing a round right handed? How'd it go? I actually bought some righty clubs because I wanted to be a "switch swinger." Probably doesn't need to be stated, but I wasn't very good...

In one of early videos that Ian and Matt (TXG) did. They had Matt who is a left handed scratch golfer hit right handed to see if Ian could fit his 15 handicap RH swing. His RH swing looks a lot better than my RH swing. Ha

• Like 2

You what really grinds my gears about golf

Galaxy... I walk in looking for putters and I'm giving about 10 total putters to try. And 3 out of the 10 are for my slight arc putting stroke. I have to drive 2hrs to a pga superstore to get the proper club selection

• Like 2

It amazes me when I get paired up with a group at a course get up to the first tee box and there is always that one guy who says “o you're swinging from the wrong side”, I don't get upset but I think to myself does he see me as a unicorn do people not often play with lefties

• Like 1