tony@CIC

Lefty Thread

Our Sponsors

Great thread! just found you guys and wanted to say hi from southern new jersey. I'm right handed, but swing lefty, so we all feel the same equipment pain when it comes to this game. Hope i can add to the thread or just bs with everyone.

Welcome to the thread for guys who stand on the right side of the ball! After 5 posts here we'll take you off super secret probation and give you the secret handshake

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

21 hours ago, canam13 said:

Great thread! just found you guys and wanted to say hi from southern new jersey. I'm right handed, but swing lefty, so we all feel the same equipment pain when it comes to this game. Hope i can add to the thread or just bs with everyone.

Welcome to the forum!  Glad you found our little corner.  There is plenty of room to add or bs, we like to do a lot of both.

• Like 1

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:cobra-small: F9 TL, Atmos TS Blue
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:bridgestone-small: BXS

Romans 10:9

Anyone play the Ping 3.0 glides with the zz115 shaft? Just got a new set of I500 with modus3 105's and wanted to know how the 105's will blend with the zz115 shaft? I typically have a higher launch- high spin in my scoring irons.

• :taylormade-small: Sim 9* - Diamana white board S
  • :taylormade-small: 3W -  M2 HL 16.5 Diamana white board  X-flex
  • :callaway-small: 19 & 23 deg. X-Hot Hybrids  Fuji Pro 70 hyb S-flex
  • :ping-small:  5-PW I500 - Modus3 105 S-flex
  • Snake Eyes 50 & 54 Custom Wedges - Dyn Gold 115 wedge shafts
  • :mizuno-small: 58deg T7 Wedge - Dyn Gold 115 wedge shaft - Custom grind
  • :taylormade-small:  Rosa  34 1/2" winn grip
  • Ball - :bridgestone-small: Tour BX /  Maxfli Tour X
  • :1590477705_SunMountain: 14/5 BAG on a :Clicgear: 2.0
  • :ShotScope:

On 2/26/2020 at 6:31 AM, canam13 said:

Anyone play the Ping 3.0 glides with the zz115 shaft? Just got a new set of I500 with modus3 105's and wanted to know how the 105's will blend with the zz115 shaft? I typically have a higher launch- high spin in my scoring irons.

I don't have any personal experience with the Ping Glides.

If you don't get any info from us folks on the right side of the ball, perhaps check with those lunatics on the other side of the ball in the Shiny Metal section of the forum.

• Like 3

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH - Aldila Synergy Blue 50 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Tracked By: :Arccos:

29 minutes ago, GimmeAnother1 said:

Hey Lefty’s Wake Up! 🙂

[attachment]IMG_4369.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment]IMG_4365.jpg[/attachment]

IMG_4369.jpgIMG_4365.jpg

Sweet!   Won't be seeing a course anytime soon with the covid virus flying about.  Courses just shutdown around me.

MDGolfHacker

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver:  :cobra-small: F8 10.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag:  :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing:

Yesterday it was 8°C (46°F). Now I just woke up to -2°C (28°F). No matter how mild winter is here, it always has a hard time giving way to spring.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

DRIVER :ping-small: G410 PLUS 10.5°  TENSEI CK ORANGE 60 S

FAIRWAY :ping-small: G410 3/14.5°  PROJECT X EVENFLOW BLACK 85 6.0

HYBRIDS :ping-small: G410 19°, 20°  ALTA CB 70 RED

IRONS :mizuno-small: JPX 900 FORGED 5-PW  PROJECT X LZ 5.5

WEDGES :cleveland-small: CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58°

PUTTER :ping-small: KARSTEN ANSER 33"

BALL :wilson_staff_small: DUO U

I think we’re all still here, maybe a bit dormant

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

19 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I think we’re all still here, maybe a bit dormant emoji12.png

I'm here - self isolated though. It's driving me crazy but it is the safe thing to do. 

• Like 5

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

I'm here - self isolated though. It's driving me crazy but it is the safe thing to do. 

Land of the free and home of the brave. At least it was a few generations ago. :)
Braving it for the team!

We’re still playing golf 3-4 times a week but all breakfast, lunch are no more for a while. Take our own carts no buddy up anymore. It’s strange but gotta do it.

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Before the lockdowns, I tested the MP-20 SEL irons.  Sweet but probably more game than I got right now.  Need a reboot lesson.  Been watching some Mike Weir videos and following some webinar instructors.  But not getting immediate feedback.   Thinking of getting an AstroTurf Matt to get swinging during hiatus.  

• Like 4

I’ve been watching TXG’s Driver Bracket competition, because, you know, never seen so many different left-handed drivers being hit.

• Like 6

We’re still playing here in SC. We have taken steps to keep safe. No having around after. No snack bar. No rakes, no flags on the putting green, all cups on course have Been flipped over so the ball only falls an inch or so. Flags stay in so no touching. No handshakes, not high fives. Generally just stay away from one another. Walk when possible. As long as we keep our distance from one another. I do think that in the next week or so there will be a stay at home order from our Governor. Outside of golf on Saturday, and Being required to go into work, I just stay at home all other times. Also my work has been deemed essential, so even if there is an Order to stay home I will still be going to work. 

• Like 2

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Here in Sweden we have not closed the courses, it is up to every course to do as they think is correct and I know that some courses has closed the reception so all scorecards etc. is done by phone. The season is just about to start for real in the south and I have been out a couple of times, with the next round planed on Friday. I think that closing down golf courses is one of the last priorities since that is all done outside and no need to be close to one another, our elementary schools is still open and only the universities has closed and are doing online studies. Also my work is currently running as usual and it is also up to every company to decide for them self's if they want to close, work from home or keep going as usual. There is so much to worry about nowadays and getting to the golf course and hit some balls just clears my head for a little while. 

Stay safe everyone!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gurra said:

Here in Sweden we have not closed the courses, it is up to every course to do as they think is correct and I know that some courses has closed the reception so all scorecards etc. is done by phone. The season is just about to start for real in the south and I have been out a couple of times, with the next round planed on Friday. I think that closing down golf courses is one of the last priorities since that is all done outside and no need to be close to one another, our elementary schools is still open and only the universities has closed and are doing online studies. Also my work is currently running as usual and it is also up to every company to decide for them self's if they want to close, work from home or keep going as usual. There is so much to worry about nowadays and getting to the golf course and hit some balls just clears my head for a little while. 

Stay safe everyone!

I wonder if Swedes will allow Danes to just pop over for a bit of golf ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, berkeleybob said:

I wonder if Swedes will allow Danes to just pop over for a bit of golf ...

I don´t think that will be a problem! Our borders are open as far as I know, the question is if you will get back into Denmark 😉

• Haha 4

I don´t think that will be a problem! Our borders are open as far as I know, the question is if you will get back into Denmark 

I think now the time for a little separation. Open borders experiment not working out too well in the long run. I have a feeling Nations are going to want to be sovereign again. Respectful of borders and countries is not a bad thing imo. I wouldn’t want you to just walk into my house and take a dump in the living room and I respect enough to not want to do the same.

4 hours ago, GimmeAnother1 said:

I think now the time for a little separation. Open borders experiment not working out too well in the long run. I have a feeling Nations are going to want to be sovereign again. Respectful of borders and countries is not a bad thing imo. I wouldn’t want you to just walk into my house and take a dump in the living room and I respect enough to not want to do the same.

I get what you mean but I guess Sweden is looking at it like there is no reason to close borders when every other country closed there borders. I also don´t think that closing down an entire country is the way to go. Since there is so many small villages that is miles apart (especially in northern Sweden) close down the citys/towns/villages that is not affected. What is the reason to quarantine for example 10 000 ppl in a village where no one is affected? Better to let them go on with there lives, go to work, go to school etc. and only close down high risk areas that is already affected like major cities. I realize that different country's and cultures need to handle this differently to get the best possible outcome they can. Anyway to political now I guess.

Stay safe everyone.

So, I live in SC, but I work In NC. I have a note from HR in the car in case I pulled over that says I am required at work as an essential business. Mecklenburg county has a stay in place order, that is where my work is located. Anyway. In the listings of approved Outdoor activity for NC it says that Golf is acceptable provided all social distancing requirements are adhered to. That’s good news right now. We walk mostly now, some folks ride, but just keep away from one another. I have heard that the suns UV rays kill the virus so spending time outside is essential for everyone. It’s just nice that we can still swing a golf club. At least for the time being. Enjoy the time with family and stay safe. If you are allowed to golf. Stay safe and enjoy being outside. 

• Like 3

Lefties are always in their Right Mind