TESTERS WANTED! ×

World's Most Expensive Golf Club Shaft

hckymeyer

Sure, we have the PXG's of the golf equipment world that cost a lot of money, but typically price isn't something that leads your marketing strategy when you have an expensive item.  In the ultra high end market it's usually one of those "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" scenario's.

Enter Seven Dreamers Laboratories.  Right there in the title you can see "World Most Expensive Golf-Club Shaft".  Well they just reached a milestone of 100 demo days in North America.  If you look at the list of clubs people are playing their shafts at you can get an idea of the type of clientele they are going after.  Suffice it to say the odds of me ever playing this shaft are about as good as winning the lottery and going home from the bar with Blair O'Neal and Paige Spiranec for a night of Netflix and chill.

The idea of a completely custom bespoke shaft made exactly for my swing is pretty damn intriguing though.  Hey, a guy can (Seven) dream right?

So what'd ya think, are you down for a shaft that STARTS at $1200?

Seven Dreamers Reaches 100 Demo Day Milestone for
‘World's Most Expensive Golf-Club Shaft'

(San Francisco, Calif.) – Seven Dreamers Laboratories – innovator of the world's most advanced and expensive golf-club shafts – recently conducted its 100th demo day since arrival on the North American golf scene 12 months ago.

The milestone event at The Grove – an exclusive private club with a championship Greg Norman-designed golf course outside Nashville, Tenn. â€“ coincides with a recent major championship winner teeing it up with Seven Dreamers shafts at the 2018 Masters Tournament.

In a short period of time, Seven Dreamers has gained a large and loyal following among the most discerning and affluent golfers.  The ultra-premium, custom-fit shafts, which start at $1,200 each, have been adopted by members of Cypress Point Golf Club, Riviera Country Club, Oakmont Country Club, Seminole Golf Club, San Francisco Golf and Country Club, Southern Highlands, TPC of Boston and hundreds other golf and country clubs.

Made in Tokyo by craftsmen who custom build each shaft, Seven Dreamers uses aerospace-quality carbon fiber, a proprietary 3D design system and an autoclave to cure every shaft. This pioneering approach helps the carbon fiber retain 100 percent of its quality and eliminates common practices used by other manufacturers, including grinding or polishing to achieve weight and flex specifications, as well as adding 3-5 grams of useless paint weight to the structure.  The resulting design provides golfers with incredibly smooth feel and near-perfect transfer of energy for more distance with tighter shot dispersion.

“Much like fine-quality, bespoke suits, our shafts are designed to complement the user by perfectly reacting to his or her unique swing profile,” says Shin Sakane, President and CEO of Seven Dreamers. “No other manufacturer in the world has the resources or manufacturing knowledge to create the superior shafts our labs produce.”

Seven Dreamers produces shafts for woods, irons and putters. For U.S. and Canadian golfers, 28 different bend profiles help players of all handicaps optimize performance. These were identified as the most common and beneficial options, informed by data collected during thousands of club fittings. Golfers interested in Seven Dreamers shafts partake in a thorough fitting session to find an ideal match. A list of authorized dealers:
https://golf.sevendreamers.com/en/shop/agent/.

The autoclaving process is traditionally used for manufacturing high-precision carbon products, including those utilized in the building of satellites and aircrafts. The renowned history of Seven Dreamers Laboratories is reflected in its production methods as company engineers continuously innovate in research and development of fiber reinforced composite materials. In 1998, the forbearers of what would eventually become Seven Dreamers were involved in developing Japan's “Hayabusa” spacecraft, the first and only unmanned craft to land on an asteroid and return to earth with a sample from the surface.

Endorsed by the legendary Masashi “Jumbo” Ozaki, winner of 114 professional golf tournaments, Seven Dreamers shafts debuted in Japan in 2014 and Southeast Asia and Australia soon thereafter where they quickly became highly popular among professional and amateur players.

More information: golf.sevendreamers.com/en

About Seven Dreamers

Seven Dreamers was founded with the mission of “creating things the world has never seen.” With roots dating back to the 1950s and expertise in production of composite materials for industrial applications, recent years have seen an expanded vision that includes advanced robotics, breakthroughs in healthcare and now the most technologically innovative golf-club shafts ever engineered. Based in Tokyo and Japan's largest independent composite manufacturer, Seven Dreamers utilizes the infrastructure of its aerospace production techniques to construct extremely high-quality shafts which outperform all others on the market. Already very popular in Japan and Southeast Asia, Seven Dreamers enthusiastically brought its premium shafts to the North American market in 2017.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Will a shaft like this keep me from having a looping swing that comes over the top causing me to cut across the ball? If it did it might just be worth it. If not I can't see spending more on one shaft than my entire bag cost.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

CobraConnectChallenge3

Really cool idea but no thanks for that price tag!

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

There will be some people that pay that amount for one... I won't be one of them. My $20 Accra DyMatch S2 is just right for me.

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

a shaft at that price would have to guarantee all GIR and probably a hole in one per round

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I actually Googled this when I saw the Launcher HB testers could choose any shaft! Don't bother, testers... this one isn't included.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Man, I'm going with the TPT shafts for 1/2 the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I'm not surprised its JDM. I'm one of those who puts Japan-made stuff on a pedestal, but it's a hard pass for me unless I win the lottery or something.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

If you can afford it, good luck to you. But the question remains, why? So you can brag that you have a $1200 shaft? The scorecard doesn't care what shafts are in your clubs or even what clubs you use.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

If you can afford it, good luck to you. But the question remains, why? So you can brag that you have a $1200 shaft? The scorecard doesn't care what shafts are in your clubs or even what clubs you use.

This is my thought exactly. But there is always someone somewhere that needs to have items no one else can get or afford to get.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9