Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Is All This Golf Tech Good For US?

deejaid

I use arccos and I find that it does not take me out of the game. I had switched from gen 1 to 360 over the winter and finally got to use it and so I was checking the phone a bit more than I would in the round to make sure it was tracking right but that was it. I do check shots when say I duff a chip and am only like 10 yards or more away and it will sometimes not register and I will edit really quick if there was time. I will check after putts too in case I have a light tap in. 

I think it has the potential to speed the game up and slow it down for some people. I know it can actually speed things up for me because I use my Apple Watch with it and I will get a club suggestion based on smart distance data and that has been very helpful in me better understanding what club to hit at certain distances. 

I will say Arccos appealed the most to me because it was less I had to do to track shots. Really just have the phone on my person and hit a shot. Not much more than that. 

Driver: Callaway Epic Speed LS Max 9°
3w: Callaway BB Alpha 816
Hybrids: Titleist 818 H1 19°/21°
Irons: Ben Hogan PTX Pro 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX3 52,56,60
Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 (2015)
Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I have a Leupold GX-2i3. I don't want it for shooting everything in sight every time I swing a club. It is nice when you have an odd location shot, playing somewhere with lousy distance markings, greens circled with sand, or a moat full of swamp monsters and lost balls.

Set1
Driver - :cobra-small:Cobra King F6+ set 9.5 D, Matrix 65M4 Black Tie R-Flex 65g low-mid launch 
Fairway - :cobra-small:Cobra F6 3/4 and 7/8 both R-flex
Irons - Tour Edge Exotics E8 Steel R-flex 4-PW
Wedges - :cleveland-small:Cleveland CBX 50 and 54, and Smart Sole 3 58
Putter - Top Flite Tour Align 5
Rangefinder - Leupold GX-2i3

Set2

Driver - Custom Built - Accura SP-700 400cc 10deg 48.5" S-flex

Hybrids - :adams-small:Adams Idea A50s 3 and 4

Irons - :taylormade-small:Taylor Made Burner Oversize 3-PW, lightly used 3 and 4 still in original plastic(auction buy $15 w/bag and several other clubs)

Wedges - Snake Eyes 52 & 56 and Dunlop True Tech Lob 64

Putter - W :wilson-small:ilson Harmonized M1

Set 3

My original set approximately 43 years old and I occasionally take the irons out for a swing

:titelist-small:Titleist Lite 100

I actually won a game golf a few years ago and still use it today. The variation I have doesn't do live updates as I go, but allows me to review the shots and distances afterwards. It is very helpful in that regard. I don't keep my phone with me when I golf because I enjoy the peace and quiet when I'm on the course.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

1)Taylormade Speedblade regular flex irons

2) Cobra Amp Cell  11.5 regular flex Driver

3)Right Handed

4) PA

5) 18 Handicap (but aiming for 15 by end of summer)

Can I add here that deejad is always a must read poster. I don't always agree with him and yet because his posts are articulate and a bit on the edge he forces me to think through the topic at hand.

Thanks!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Hmm... Bring back caddies st every course ... Problem solved.. And they can keep your stats for you!

MDGolfHacker

How cool would this be.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Can I add here that deejad is always a must read poster. I don't always agree with him and yet because his posts are articulate and a bit on the edge he forces me to think through the topic at hand.

Thanks!

Thanks Rev! I appreciate the compliment! To me the conversations about our experiences and feelings toward the equipment and the game in general are more interesting than just the numbers or data.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

I have enjoyed my ShotScope V2 for the most part. I bought it to try and chart my game to see what needed improvement most and it has been spot on in that category. There is definitely no hiding from the raw numbers. But I wouldn't be crushed if things like this weren't allowed and it was all pencil and paper again.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

How cool would this be.

Back in the day (before The First Tee), caddying is how regular kids (like me) got into golf. There's an app trying to bring it back:

https://caddienow.com/for-golfers/

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Since I am involved with the Cobra connect challenge, I decided to wait to chime in until I had a chance to try out the arccos system.. I found it no more intrusive then a Golf GPS. after the first couple of holes you don't even notice the phone in your pocket, as far as the data most of us keep track to at least some extent that information anyhow.. Do i think it is hurting US? For some maybe, those who want to turn off the outside world and just play golf maybe more then other but over all no I think it is fine. 

AS long as we use it in perspective, it is not going to make me Rickie, Jordan, DJ, or Tiger. Will it help me get more out of my practice and help me make better choices to play better yes. 

But it is not for everyone, and each one of needs to decide how it ill best suit them.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.