GolfSpy Barbajo

TESTERS ANNOUNCED: Wilson Staff C300/C300 Forged Irons

Our Sponsors

Mike, Ontario

Bombtech cavity back iron. Stiff flex. Shaft unknown.

Handicap12

C300 Forged (Are they really as 'soft' as reviewers always claim?)

Tom - Rhode Island

Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 - Dynamic Gold XP S300 shafts; 5-GW. (Cobra Amp Cell 3-4 hybrid, stock stiff shafts).

HP: 18

C300 Forged: These are the next step in the irons I currently play, so I feel I could give a thorough review of the advancements (or not) that Wilson has made in developing these clubs. 

Just some background: I switched from the FG Tour V4 to the F5 as I felt the DG S300 shafts were just a little too heavy for me and I preferred the extra forgiveness of the F5 in the 5-7 irons. 

TZ

Charlie  NY

Wilson C200 

KBS Tour V 100 R  (pure)

C300 Forged( graphite or steel)

Sounds like a great opportunity. I've never tried out Wilson irons, so I'd love to give these a shot.

Jeff - Memphis, TN

Current irons: Taylormade Tour Preferred CB/KBS Shaft

Handicap: +2

Review Preference: C300 forged

Good luck to whoever gets them!

• Taylormade M1 10.5 deg, Aldila RIP shaft
  • Taylormade RBZ 3 wood, Oban Kiyoshi Purple shaft
  • Taylormade RBZ 2-hybrid
  • Titleist T-MB 3-iron
  • 4-PW: Taylormade Tour Preferred CB Irons - KBS tour Shaft
  • 54 deg Titleist SM6, S Grind
  • 58 deg Titleist SM6, M Grind
  • Odyssey V-Line Pro Putter: 35 inches

Handicap: +2

Memphis, TN

(4) TESTERS WANTED!!

Banner.jpg

WILSON STAFF C300/C300 FORGED IRONS

Gotta say gang, we're really excited to bring this one to you. There's been more buzz this spring about the Wilson Staff C300 and C300 Forged irons on these pages than any other Wilson offering that I can remember, and for good reason. They do represent one of the more intriguing iron releases of 2018.

Both irons fall into the Game Improvement category, with the C300 offering more distance and forgiveness and the C300 Forged offering a more compact frame, bit more pop than a better player's cavity back and all the forged goodness you could possibly want.

Wilson-C300-irons-1-1563.jpg

TESTERS WANTED:

We're looking for four of you to do that voodoo that you do and give these things a good MyGolfSpy Forum going over. We need two avid golfers to test and review (and keep) a set of the C300's, and two more to do the same thing with the C300 Forged.

As always, we want to make sure you're ready to tackle the challenge of being a MyGolfSpy tester. You'll be asked to spend a solid two months working with these irons on both the practice range and on the course. You'll also be asked to write a two stage review (we'll provide you with a template) and provide your fellow Forum members with a detailed, thoughtful and - most importantly - honest evaluation of the C300's.

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer/dedicated reviewer in the US, Canada or the UK.

Wilson-C300-Forged-irons-8-1627 (1).jpg

How To Apply:

If you want to test and review (and keep, did we mention that?) a set of C300's, please apply in THIS FORUM ONLY (applying in the blog won't do you any good, okay?). In this thread, please tell us the following:

Your first name/home state or province

Your current iron set/shaft combo

Your current handicap

Your review preference - C300 or C300 Forged

Wilson-C300-irons-9-1585.jpg

We'll be selecting two of you to review the C300's and two others to review the C300 Forged. We'll be announcing the testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back!

Thanks, and best of luck!!!

Working on bringing my handicap down, playing constantly, and focusing on the game. Would love to give the C300s a go. 

Elliott / Texas

Cleveland Tour Action / Stiff

C300 Forged 

Your first name/home state or province: Mike/Michigan

Your current iron set/shaft combo: Taylormade RAC HT/Stiff 5-PW (-1" from standard), 5-iron = 185/200, 7-iron = 165/175, 9-iron = 145/150

Your current handicap: 12

Your review preference - C300 or C300 Forged: C300 Forged preferred but open to either.

Thanks for the opportunity!

:taylormade-small: M1 2017 10.5° (dialed to 9.5°) (X 75g Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5, Golf Pride CP2, 44.75")
:taylormade-small: M2 2017 3W 15° (X 75g Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5, Golf Pride CP2) | M1 2017 5W 19° (S 70g Kuro Kage Silver TiNi)
:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC FliHi 4, SC 5-7, MB 8-PW (S 110g KBS Tour C-Taper Lite, Lamkin UTX Wrap Blue, 1° flat, -1/4")
:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 52° F-grind,  56° M-grind, 60° L-Grind
:taylormade-small: TP Black Copper Juno

Will from Michigan

Recently returning to the game since not playing fir a while so the handicap is up there around 30.

Currently using an old set of Nike Slingshot OSS irons with the stock true temper shafts. I think it would be great to compare technology over a deacade old with new game improvement irons and the difference they could make in my handicap.

If chosen I would like the C300 irons

Doug, California

Mizuno MP-64's on KBS Tours, Stiff

Current GHIN 6.1

C300 Forged

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:ping-small: g400 3 wood on Aldila Stiff  not for long! Looking for a MavriK 3-wood!!!

:callaway-small: 816 Big Bertha Alpha 3-wood (stand-in until the MavriK is found)

:callaway-small: 815 GBB Alpha hybrid 19° On Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Nick North Carolina

Ping I E irons 5-pw.

Stiff x95 shafts

12.3 handicap

C300 forged

Ping G LS Driver

Callaway Rogue 3 wood

Ping G Crossover 3 & 4 

Ping i E 4- PW Irons

Vokeys 50,54,58

Cameron Futura X7 DB

Paul / Massachusetts

Mizuno blades/stiff

C300 forged

Had staff irons growing up ---they were pure... sold to my friend who plays them to this day!!! Wilson got lost in the marketing war's glad to see they are pushing back were they belong!!

Your first name/home state or province

Tim-CA

Your current iron set/shaft combo

Titleist 716 AP2 4-people with Project X LZ 6.0

Your current handicap

Your review preference - C300 or C300 Forged

C300 Forged

Thank you for the chance!

CA / 13.8 HDCP

Driver :taylormade-small: M3 9.5* with 44" Mitsubishi Tensei blue stiff shaft

:callaway-small: Big Bertha 3 hybrid 18* UST Mamiya Recoil ES 780 graphite stiff

:callaway-small: Apex 19 5-AW with True Temper Elevate 95 stiff shafts

:titelist-small: SM6 54* and 58* wedges

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne Stealth 35"

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V One