TESTERS WANTED! ×

British Columbia Golf

No3PuttLaLa

Has anyone ever golfed Nicklaus North, Big Sky or Chateau?

My wife and I are planning a trip to Whistler this summer and she has agreed to let me golf as long as I take her up there... I mean don't twist my arm or anything!!! Am I right?!

I'd love to play all three but may just do two. I'm leaning towards Nicklaus and Big Sky

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

No worries FIFY!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

No worries FIFY!

My Man!

giphy.gif

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

My Man!

NP I took the liberty of deleting your follow up post. Destroying the evidence

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

My wife and I are planning a trip to Whistler this summer and she has agreed to let me golf as long as I take her up there... I mean don't twist my arm or anything!!! Am I right?!

I'd love to play all three but may just do two. I'm leaning towards Nicklaus and Big Sky

Hey bud! You will be in for a treat when you guys come to BC, we have some beautiful tracks here and Whistler area has 4 great courses to choose from.

Nicklaus North is amazing and a fun test of golf. The course has one of the best collection of par 3's I've ever seen and it is one of the most scenic courses I've played in Canada. There are beautiful flowers, gardens, trees and log cabins throughout the course.

The course itself is relatively flat as it sits in a valley between the mountains. It's a fun round of golf with the perfect balance between challenge and fun on all the tee boxes. Great resort course experience. Side note, the patio at Nicklaus North is the best patio in all of Whistler! So make sure you enjoy some after round beverages and enjoy the views of the lake and the 16th tee box

Chateau is a fun course that is directly in the mountains. It's short in distance but tight off the tee and challenging. High handicappers typical struggle here and sometimes think the course is too difficult. It's a scenic mountain course with some amazing vistas of the mountains. The back nine gets a little boring with 5 straight par 4s all around 370 yards in distance, but it's definitely worth playing if you've never played a true mountain golf course.

Big Sky I haven't personally played but it's a favorite for many in the Whistler area. My friends rave about the layout and that is a fun track to play, however the condition of the course hasn't been the best in recent years, where as the other two courses I mentioned will be in amazing shape.

I would check online and see what people are reviewing about Big Sky and see how the conditions are this year but overall you will enjoy the golf there wherever you end up playing! Let me know if you have any further questions bud!

Cyrus (based in Vancouver)

Big sky by far is the best out there. It is so good and a true course. No mountain gimmick 

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

• 3 weeks later...

Played Chateau about 5 yrs ago and had a fantastic time. The course is beautiful, and can be quite challenging. The entire area will take your breath away. I stopped by Nicklaus North and walked around the clubhouse area, and from what I saw, extremely gorgeous layout.

Essex Golf & CC

Ping G400 LST 10 AD-DI 6S
Titleist 915F 16.5 AD-DI 7S
Titleist 915F 21 AD-DI 7S

Titleist 915H 24 AD-DI HY 85X (sometimes)
Nike VrPro II 4-Pw KBStour S
Titleist SM6 50F/54S/58M KBStour S
Titleist Newport 2 Custom Shop
ProV1

Archived