TESTERS WANTED! ×

Heading Back to Bandon Dunes

Not sure if this was common knowledge or not, but I am petty sure Seamus was started by a former Bandon employee. Probably one of the reasons they have a selection of Bandon gear

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

SWIMBO and the Daughter are out of town this weekend, and I have Sunday and Monday off.......   It's only 2 hour 42 min drive to Bandon Dunes Resort........  I have a Bandon Dunes Gift card that is burning a hole in my wallet..   

What to do, what to do..

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

SWIMBO and the Daughter are out of town this weekend, and I have Sunday and Monday off....... It's only 2 hour 42 min drive to Bandon Dunes Resort........ I have a Bandon Dunes Gift card that is burning a hole in my wallet..

What to do, what to do..

GOOOOO!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

SWIMBO and the Daughter are out of town this weekend, and I have Sunday and Monday off.......   It's only 2 hour 42 min drive to Bandon Dunes Resort........  I have a Bandon Dunes Gift card that is burning a hole in my wallet..   

What to do, what to do..

Hoping you are writing this on your way southwest of Eugene with gear in the back and a bucket of balls at the ready...

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

• SPY VIP

SWIMBO and the Daughter are out of town this weekend, and I have Sunday and Monday off....... It's only 2 hour 42 min drive to Bandon Dunes Resort........ I have a Bandon Dunes Gift card that is burning a hole in my wallet..

What to do, what to do..

We will probably get there at 2-3 Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

We will probably get there at 2-3 Sunday

Is there golf on the docket for Sunday?  If so, would there be room for an interloper?

Asking for a friend....

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• SPY VIP

Is there golf on the docket for Sunday? If so, would there be room for an interloper?

Asking for a friend....

The Sunday plan is Shorty's, Punchbowl, meatloaf, cigars, and adult beverages.

No big golf til Monday

Volvo Intorqueo

Have you done the Solstice? 

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM + TWITTER + YOUTUBE

:taylormade-small: 2017 M1 9.5°, Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Blue, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:taylormade-small:2017 M2 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Aldila Rogue 125 Tour Edition, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:nike-small:Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged #4-6 Iron, JPX 919 Tour  #7-PW Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

⭐ Artisan Golf custom 50°, 54°, 54°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:scotty-small:  Tour Issue Circle T - Tour Rat I

Those are super cool. I love Seamus products, but they're just too expensive.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

If you're looking for similar head covers...

https://munikids.com

https://reinlandgolfco.com

I can't speak to the quality, but I'm thinking that navy blue Muni Kids head cover will look pretty nice with my new navy blue Cobra bag.

And I'm just a grown up muni kid. Always will be.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

If you're looking for similar head covers...

https://munikids.com

https://reinlandgolfco.com

I can't speak to the quality, but I'm thinking that navy blue Muni Kids head cover will look pretty nice with my new navy blue Cobra bag.

And I'm just a grown up muni kid. Always will be.

Those look pretty nice! Not really overpriced either...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

• SPY VIP

Have you done the Solstice?

I'd love to try but have not been able to do that yet. Probably need to soon before the body gets too old

Volvo Intorqueo

Lol..good stuff...Im cheap like Kenny. I can do it on a day trip if I desire. Feb in Bandon can be great and not so great.

Being cheap just sounds so... cheap.  Maybe we should think of ourselves as frugal.  When rates are cheaper, then I can play more rounds!!  Weather can be quite pleasant in the winter IF you can head out quickly at a moments notice.

Have fun guys!!  Hope you have a great trip!!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• SPY VIP

Day one highlights

IMG_3618.JPG

Stupid huge cigar

IMG_3635.JPG

Punchbowl madness

IMG_3621.JPG

New toy!

Volvo Intorqueo

• 4 weeks later...

I just moved back to Oregon and it is definitely on the list of "to do's" in the next year or two.  I left Oregon 29 years ago and who would have thought that it is a golf "destination" now for many people around the world.  Hope you had a great trip and thanks for the advice!

Driver: :titelist-small: - Titelist 917D - 9.5* - Rogue Max X-Stiff
3W: :titelist-small: - Titelist - 917F - Rogue Max Stiff
Hybrid :titelist-small: - Titelist - H1 3H - Stiff
Irons:  Mizuno MP54 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold
Wedges:  Cleveland 588 RTX 50.10, 54.8, 58.12 True Temper Dynamic Gold
Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Monterey California 1.5 - 34in
Ball: :taylormade-small: Taylor Made Tp5x
Loc: USA/OR, Handicap: 12
RH, Irons 1 degree flat

• 3 weeks later...

Heading to Bandon for the first time August 29 thru September 2. I can't wait. Need to go get some rain gear. Have been working on fitness for all the walking. Should be a great time.

You probably don't need rain gear. I'd say that 90% of first timers show up with rain gear and umbrellas during the summer. It just doesn't rain much in the summers, like ever. The lost and found has 1000s of umbrellas that have been left unused over the years.

Get yourself some comfortable shoes with good insoles, walking Bandon is about like walking on a parking lot. Chap stick for the wind is helpful, yellow golf balls so you can see them in the marine haze are nice, and some good friends for the memories.

But rain gear, eh. You can check the forecast before you go, but it is usually warm and dry that time of year.

Also, getting a caddy is a worthy investment. If your group doesn't want to do caddies (I get it, it does bring an added cost), I'd really recommend getting a forecaddie for the group, you won't regret it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

There are no adequate words to describe the incredible golf experience of Bandon Dunes. We stayed the Wed-Sun and the weather was spectacular. I played in shorts, golf short and light cover and was comfortable during all rounds. Cooler in evenings. YES ... chapstick and good socks. Took a good week for my lips to recover from the wind burn. You will probably play 36 holes a day ... you are walking all of it. Make sure you have comfortable shoes and socks. The health app on my phone had me at almost 40 miles of walking through the 5 days and the equivalent of 50 flights of stairs. No, it's not flat. If you can, get a caddie or forecaddie, especially if it's your first time. Their insight and knowledge will save you a LOT of aggravation and golf balls.

Bandon - 9.jpg

Bandon - 23.jpg

Bandon - 25.jpg

Bandon - 28.jpg

Bandon - 30.jpg

Bandon - 31.jpg

IMG_0453.jpeg

IMG_0458.jpeg

IMG_0463.jpeg

Never played there, but it sure sounds/looks cool.  I don't recall any PGA or LPGA events having been played there but has that U.S. Open look to it.  It's relative remoteness makes that unlikely.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Never played there, but it sure sounds/looks cool.  I don't recall any PGA or LPGA events having been played there but has that U.S. Open look to it.  It's relative remoteness makes that unlikely.

You need to go!  It's an experience.

Bandon could not host the pros; no population center to support it.  But they have hosted a number of USGA amateur events; Public Links, Mid-Ams, and a Curtis Cup.  It will host the US Amateur in 2020. 

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 4 months later...

Going there a month from now.  Looking to buy some rain pants, but think my softshell northface should be adequate for jacket as it's fairly stretchy and waterproof.  Thanks for giving some pointers on your experiences and what to look for and what would be smart to pack.  

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

For all you golfers wanting to head to Bandon Dunes, I received this announcement in my email today.  Direct flights from Denver to North Bend, OR on United.

https://www.bandondunesgolf.com/blog/united-airlines-eases-travel-time-bandon-dunes-2019?NCK=DENtoOTH&ContactID=41466431004

For me, it's a much shorter drive to Bandon than it is to Denver International Airport 😄  😄

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

• 1 month later...

I have been reading a lot about Bandon lately, and it is definitely my #1 bucket list destination. I feel like I have to work up to it, and with a young family it's definitely something 5-10 years down the road (45th bday present maybe?) but I am going to play there before I'm through, it just looks like an amazing experience full of golf nerds like me. 

I also really want to get to Cabot Cliffs in Nova Scotia, might do that one first since it's much closer to me. 

Thanks for the thread, the inspiration and I am going to start planning my trip right now, in 10 years I MIGHT be as prepared as I would like to be! A question for anybody who flies, how hard is it to get back and forth from the airport? Flights are going to be expensive but is renting a car/suv at that point best or just getting a ride in from the airport? Also might experiment flying into different places to see if the rates change, I know it's a hike from Portland but it might save $$$$

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2019 at 11:27 AM, newballcoach said:

A question for anybody who flies, how hard is it to get back and forth from the airport? Flights are going to be expensive but is renting a car/suv at that point best or just getting a ride in from the airport? Also might experiment flying into different places to see if the rates change, I know it's a hike from Portland but it might save $$$$

I went on a work trip a little over a month ago and I'm trying to tell the upper mgt to make it an annual thing!  You can definitely make it happen with kids as well - I have 3 children under the age of five.  We just stayed at Bandon for one night and played Pacific Dunes one day and Bandon the next.  You could easily hit three courses or four if your up to play 36 both days.  It would be pricey though for all of that as each round is about $225 - $275.

To answer your question, we flew into Eugene and stayed the night there (much cheaper) and it was about a 2.5 hr drive from there.  We didn't book the flight out that far in advance so tickets were still a bit pricey.  I think it was around 550ish when booking a month out.  No one in our group flew to Portland, but a couple did fly directly to North Bend and I would not suggest doing that.  Those who did all experienced a delay of some sort and the airline even lost one of the guys' clubs.  Of course it came to Bandon the afternoon we were leaving.  

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"