Oh man Oh man Oh man Oh man Oh man.....

I've been jonesing over Bandon since I very first read about it, but I really want to be a "good" player before attempting it (or: 'them', ie. all the courses there). Or at least a somewhat better player than I am currently!

Now with this latest TEASER ;-) from GS Dave I'm quivering with anticipation like a 13 year old hormonal boy who just closed the door to his bedroom and is ready to peel back the cover of the latest issue of Hustler magazine.....

(order farts who were teens pre-web may know what I mean)

Just go and play. Shoot a big number, lose a crap ton of balls, and have a great time. You won't remember your score as long as you'll remember the experience. my 12 HCP is going to spray nonsense all over the place and it will be fantastic. Much like that first Hustler ;)

• Like 2

Just go and play. Shoot a big number, lose a crap ton of balls, and have a great time. You won't remember your score as long as you'll remember the experience. my 12 HCP is going to spray nonsense all over the place and it will be fantastic. Much like that first Hustler ;)

Ha, good advice! OK .. not waiting until I'm "good enough" (because by then I'll be way too old!!!) .. balls are cheap while that experience would be priceless....
  • Like 1

Sheep Ranch is in discussion but we may run out of time. May try and sneak out there on the way home. Heard a rumor that they may build a 5th 18 there.

Supposedly that's where the 5th proper course is going to be built. That's why I want so badly to play it, but unless I can take the whole family, it's not happening for me any time soon.

• Like 1

Lol..good stuff...Im cheap like Kenny. I can do it on a day trip if I desire. Feb in Bandon can be great and not so great.

• Like 3

Lol..good stuff...Im cheap like Kenny. I can do it on a day trip if I desire. Feb in Bandon can be great and not so great.

We have a group here that goes up in November right when the rates change. Been more hit than miss on weather most years. And much cheaper.

I've decided that Dave is the only person on MGS I don't like. Jealousy is a curse, and the green color I've turned really doesn't suit my golf wardrobe.

Enjoy, but please don't tell just how great it was.

• Like 4

T-minus four days!

Time to pack, and repack.

Hopefully my walking and drinking training regiment will be sufficient for the trip.

Lots of photos and commentary next week here and on twitter :)

• Like 3

T-minus four days!

Time to pack, and repack.

Hopefully my walking and drinking training regiment will be sufficient for the trip.

Lots of photos and commentary next week here and on twitter :)

Weather looks pretty good — no rain. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

IMG_3546.JPG

Here's the ball marker from the last trip. Each course has a different marker, each made from a different metal. Brass and a puffin was from Bandon Dunes. Made by Seamus Golf. They have an anvil there to stamp the back too.

Maybe this time I'll pick up the one from the low score round, or most beers depending on how the day goes.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

attachicon.gifIMG_3546.JPG

Here's the ball marker from the last trip. Each course has a different marker, each made from a different metal. Brass and a puffin was from Bandon Dunes. Made by Seamus Golf. They have an anvil there to stamp the back too.

Maybe this time I'll pick up the one from the low score round, or most beers depending on how the day goes.

Those are super cool. I love Seamus products, but they're just too expensive.

• Like 1

Not sure if this was common knowledge or not, but I am petty sure Seamus was started by a former Bandon employee. Probably one of the reasons they have a selection of Bandon gear

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

SWIMBO and the Daughter are out of town this weekend, and I have Sunday and Monday off.......   It's only 2 hour 42 min drive to Bandon Dunes Resort........  I have a Bandon Dunes Gift card that is burning a hole in my wallet..   

What to do, what to do..

• Like 4

SWIMBO and the Daughter are out of town this weekend, and I have Sunday and Monday off....... It's only 2 hour 42 min drive to Bandon Dunes Resort........ I have a Bandon Dunes Gift card that is burning a hole in my wallet..

What to do, what to do..

GOOOOO!

• Like 2

SWIMBO and the Daughter are out of town this weekend, and I have Sunday and Monday off.......   It's only 2 hour 42 min drive to Bandon Dunes Resort........  I have a Bandon Dunes Gift card that is burning a hole in my wallet..   

What to do, what to do..

Hoping you are writing this on your way southwest of Eugene with gear in the back and a bucket of balls at the ready...

• Like 1

SWIMBO and the Daughter are out of town this weekend, and I have Sunday and Monday off....... It's only 2 hour 42 min drive to Bandon Dunes Resort........ I have a Bandon Dunes Gift card that is burning a hole in my wallet..

What to do, what to do..

We will probably get there at 2-3 Sunday

We will probably get there at 2-3 Sunday

Is there golf on the docket for Sunday?  If so, would there be room for an interloper?

Asking for a friend....

• Like 1

Is there golf on the docket for Sunday? If so, would there be room for an interloper?

Asking for a friend....

The Sunday plan is Shorty's, Punchbowl, meatloaf, cigars, and adult beverages.

No big golf til Monday

• Like 1

Those are super cool. I love Seamus products, but they're just too expensive.

If you're looking for similar head covers...

https://munikids.com

https://reinlandgolfco.com

I can't speak to the quality, but I'm thinking that navy blue Muni Kids head cover will look pretty nice with my new navy blue Cobra bag.

And I'm just a grown up muni kid. Always will be.

• Like 2

If you're looking for similar head covers...

https://munikids.com

https://reinlandgolfco.com

I can't speak to the quality, but I'm thinking that navy blue Muni Kids head cover will look pretty nice with my new navy blue Cobra bag.

And I'm just a grown up muni kid. Always will be.

Those look pretty nice! Not really overpriced either...

• Like 1