Have you done the Solstice?

I'd love to try but have not been able to do that yet. Probably need to soon before the body gets too old

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Lol..good stuff...Im cheap like Kenny. I can do it on a day trip if I desire. Feb in Bandon can be great and not so great.

Being cheap just sounds so... cheap.  Maybe we should think of ourselves as frugal.  When rates are cheaper, then I can play more rounds!!  Weather can be quite pleasant in the winter IF you can head out quickly at a moments notice.

Have fun guys!!  Hope you have a great trip!!!

• Like 2

Jealous but but away the Basil Hayden's and grab some 4 Roses single barrel or some Eagle Rare (by Buffalo Trace). You're welcome.

• Like 1

I just moved back to Oregon and it is definitely on the list of "to do's" in the next year or two.  I left Oregon 29 years ago and who would have thought that it is a golf "destination" now for many people around the world.  Hope you had a great trip and thanks for the advice!

• Like 1

Heading to Bandon for the first time August 29 thru September 2. I can't wait. Need to go get some rain gear. Have been working on fitness for all the walking. Should be a great time.

Heading to Bandon for the first time August 29 thru September 2. I can't wait. Need to go get some rain gear. Have been working on fitness for all the walking. Should be a great time.

You probably don't need rain gear. I'd say that 90% of first timers show up with rain gear and umbrellas during the summer. It just doesn't rain much in the summers, like ever. The lost and found has 1000s of umbrellas that have been left unused over the years.

Get yourself some comfortable shoes with good insoles, walking Bandon is about like walking on a parking lot. Chap stick for the wind is helpful, yellow golf balls so you can see them in the marine haze are nice, and some good friends for the memories.

But rain gear, eh. You can check the forecast before you go, but it is usually warm and dry that time of year.

Also, getting a caddy is a worthy investment. If your group doesn't want to do caddies (I get it, it does bring an added cost), I'd really recommend getting a forecaddie for the group, you won't regret it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

There are no adequate words to describe the incredible golf experience of Bandon Dunes. We stayed the Wed-Sun and the weather was spectacular. I played in shorts, golf short and light cover and was comfortable during all rounds. Cooler in evenings. YES ... chapstick and good socks. Took a good week for my lips to recover from the wind burn. You will probably play 36 holes a day ... you are walking all of it. Make sure you have comfortable shoes and socks. The health app on my phone had me at almost 40 miles of walking through the 5 days and the equivalent of 50 flights of stairs. No, it's not flat. If you can, get a caddie or forecaddie, especially if it's your first time. Their insight and knowledge will save you a LOT of aggravation and golf balls.

Bandon - 9.jpg

Bandon - 23.jpg

Bandon - 25.jpg

Bandon - 28.jpg

Bandon - 30.jpg

Bandon - 31.jpg

IMG_0453.jpeg

IMG_0458.jpeg

IMG_0463.jpeg

• Like 3

Never played there, but it sure sounds/looks cool.  I don't recall any PGA or LPGA events having been played there but has that U.S. Open look to it.  It's relative remoteness makes that unlikely.

3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Never played there, but it sure sounds/looks cool.  I don't recall any PGA or LPGA events having been played there but has that U.S. Open look to it.  It's relative remoteness makes that unlikely.

You need to go!  It's an experience.

Bandon could not host the pros; no population center to support it.  But they have hosted a number of USGA amateur events; Public Links, Mid-Ams, and a Curtis Cup.  It will host the US Amateur in 2020.