Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Titleist 818 Hybrids

null

Didn't find a thread on the current Titleist H1 or H2 hybrids so I thought I'd start one.

At a demo day 10 days ago I hit every single hybrid on the market, some with multiple shafts, and the Titleist H2 blew me out of the water. Funny thing is, with the first shaft I tried in it I did not have great results. With the evenflow blue shaft I was hitting everything out of the bottom of the face. With the Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue I was flushing everything. I was getting a perfect launch and apex and I was able to finally hit fades with a hybrid!

I think hybrids are the single most under fit clubs out there and highly recommend everyone getting a proper hybrid fitting.

For me I settled on the Titleist 818 H2 19 Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s. Can't wait to put it in play.

20180424142425_IMG_1086.JPG20180424142451_IMG_1087.JPG20180424142524_IMG_1089.JPG20180424142517_IMG_1088.JPG

“She SHO is purty!!!!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Maybe I should go to a Titleist Thursday

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I want to hit one of these. He Atmos Tour Spec has been a good shaft for me when I have tried it in a fairway wood.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

That is really purdy.... Not a bad pick for a shaft either!

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Maybe I should go to a Titleist Thursday

I went to one at Navy Marine a few weeks ago. It was great. Was thinking about a new combo set, CB/AP2/AP3. At the end, I actually liked the AP1s the best. Nothing outperformed my 765s and they didn't try to up sell me on anything. Walked away with a couple SM7s. Good times.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I went to one at Navy Marine a few weeks ago. It was great. Was thinking about a new combo set, CB/AP2/AP3. At the end, I actually liked the AP1s the best. Nothing outperformed my 765s and they didn't try to up sell me on anything. Walked away with a couple SM7s. Good times.

Do they have aftermarket shafts to choose from at TT?

Had the same results until I hit it with the Tensei White and it is a rocket. Loft down a degree set flat and weight in the toe. Zero fear of anything left with this one.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Had the same results until I hit it with the Tensei White and it is a rocket. Loft down a degree set flat and weight in the toe. Zero fear of anything left with this one.

Yup, I didn't even have to move the weight or the lie at the fitting and I was going straight or baby fade. Still was able to hit some little draws on command too. Nice to know that I have the lie angle and weight to fall back on if the on course testing yields different results

Do they have aftermarket shafts to choose from at TT?

They had all the graphite design, HZRDUS for the woods and drivers, quite a few iron shafts. Didn't hit any hybrids bc I already had the 818H2 and the Even Flow was perfect for me. Prov1, into the range on trackman for free. It's worth checking out.

They do but unfortunately the hybrid shafts are pretty limited. Thankfully the atmos was perfect for me

They had all the graphite design, HZRDUS for the woods and drivers, quite a few iron shafts. Didn't hit any hybrids bc I already had the 818H2 and the Even Flow was perfect for me. Prov1, into the range on trackman for free. It's worth checking out.

Nice, I'll have to check it out. Looking either at 5w or 3H

One of if not the best hybrid on the market and has been since the 816 release.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Really liked how this one felt at that demo day. I was able to shape it both ways, which is a feat for my swing, and distance came fairly easy. It's in the finals for a spot in the bag for a new hybrid.

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

Really liked how this one felt at that demo day. I was able to shape it both ways, which is a feat for my swing, and distance came fairly easy. It's in the finals for a spot in the bag for a new hybrid.

Curious to see where you end up.  I know you were liking what you were seeing out of the M3

Curious to see where you end up. I know you were liking what you were seeing out of the M3

Really liked both of them and will probably come down to what fills the gaps at the top of the bag. I have a demo day at my club in a couple weeks so will try and figure it out there. I like the look of this one more though.

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

First round with the 818 h2 was a huge success. First shot was off the tee on a short dogleg right and I hit an beautiful 3 yard fade about 220 yards into the wind.

The second time I hit it was uphill and into the wind on a par 4 that I was 215 to the center. With the wind it was playing 230. I put the ball a little bit back in my stance and hit a lower flighted fade that landed on the green and released back to the hole. I was stunned that I wash able to pull that shot off.

First round with the 818 h2 was a huge success. First shot was off the tee on a short dogleg right and I hit an beautiful 3 yard fade about 220 yards into the wind.

The second time I hit it was uphill and into the wind on a par 4 that I was 215 to the center. With the wind it was playing 230. I put the ball a little bit back in my stance and hit a lower flighted fade that landed on the green and released back to the hole. I was stunned that I wash able to pull that shot off.

Sounds like the combination of you hybrids and evnroll you are on an equipment high!

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Sounds like the combination of you hybrids and evnroll you are on an equipment high!

Literally every club in my bag right now has me on cloud 9.  My swing is dogshit still but I know I have clubs in my bag that fit my game and I enjoy playing.

• 1 month later...

So I've swapped out the 19* for the 21*.

With the 21 degree I am getting basically the same carry distance (upper 220s) as the 19 but I'm getting a much better angle of descent so it will be better for holding greens.

I have added a 21 and 23°816 H1. They have been excellent club so far, the best hybrids I have ever hit. I just got my voice caddy in this week so going to have to spend some time on the range tweaking the lofts on them a little bit to get the gapping right.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

I have added a 21 and 23°816 H1. They have been excellent club so far, the best hybrids I have ever hit. I just got my voice caddy in this week so going to have to spend some time on the range tweaking the lofts on them a little bit to get the gapping right.

Interested to see where your gapping ends up

Archived